• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gilbert Gottfried Recording for Kingdom Hearts!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
While I like the new information about 2.5... I just cringe of the thought of going to Agrabah... again... I love Iago though, he does a good job at his voice.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
You do realize this isn't about going to Agrabah for something new, it's just for the remastered cutscenes since, like Days in 1.5, Re:coded is just cutscenes and literally zero gameplay.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You do realize this isn't about going to Agrabah for something new, it's just for the remastered cutscenes since, like Days in 1.5, Re:coded is just cutscenes and literally zero gameplay.

KH 2 FM has Agrabah too though...;)

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
From what I remember, Agrabah was one of the more important Disney levels with the Maleficent/Pete stuff at the end, so I'm not surprised.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This reminds me how badly I want them to record the lines for all the added FM cutscenes. Why they didn't do so in 1.5 baffles me 3:

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
This reminds me how badly I want them to record the lines for all the added FM cutscenes. Why they didn't do so in 1.5 baffles me 3:

I never got this either, they literally had Paul St. Peter in to record Xemnas's lines in the days cinematic but didn't record the 8 or so lines he had in Kingdom Hearts. I know at the time of the original release they simply didn't have a voice actor for Xemnas but I really just did not understand it when it came to 1.5 Remix.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Weren't those scenes mute in the original japanese version of KH 1 FM as well?

Alpha Sonix

It would be amazing if they took out all of the text dialogue for KH2 and replaced them with fully voiced cutscenes. Unfortunately that would probably require more time than it's worth and I think I'll just go back into a corner and cry now because we'll never see that happen :(

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Weren't those scenes mute in the original japanese version of KH 1 FM as well?

They were, yeah. I guess they were silent in the English version for consistency purposes.

KH2FM-exclusive scenes, however, were voiced in Japanese when viewed from the theatre mode of the PS2 version, so I think said scenes, as well as the optional fights against the Castle Oblivion crew, will be voiced in English as well.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
They were, yeah. I guess they were silent in the English version for consistency purposes.

KH2FM-exclusive scenes, however, were voiced in Japanese when viewed from the theatre mode of the PS2 version, so I think said scenes, as well as the optional fights against the Castle Oblivion crew, will be voiced in English as well.

Then that explains completely why they were kept mute.
If there were no voices in the japanese original (and I bet then there are also no voices in the japanese 1.5 HD Remix) why should they then suddenly add voices in the English localisation?

If the FM-exclusive scenes in KH 2 have voices, I guess it's a safe bet that these will then also be voiced in the HD Remaster.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
YEAH AGRABAH!

I laughed about this while I was getting off my plane. It's been a long time since somebody that wasn't a Jesse didn't leak the voice work for a KH game.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Then that explains completely why they were kept mute.
If there were no voices in the japanese original (and I bet then there are also no voices in the japanese 1.5 HD Remix) why should they then suddenly add voices in the English localisation?

If the FM-exclusive scenes in KH 2 have voices, I guess it's a safe bet that these will then also be voiced in the HD Remaster.

I can understand why Xemnas' lines in the Final Mix wasn't dubbed because the Japanese original didn't have him dubbed either, buuuut now I'm wondering why they didn't have Norio Wakamoto dub Xemnas' Final Mix lines when the had him doing lines for the 358/2 Days cutscenes.

Eh, they probably just didn't think of it. Or maybe they felt adding his voice would make Xemnas' appearance less mysterious or something. Or maybe they just felt like there wasn't any point into adding voices.

Last edited:

Antar

Awards
Wow, there's a pretty good chance this is going to be a simultaneous worldwide release. I really hope it will be, I can't wait to hear the re-orchestrated music :3

TheXVthMember

Kingdom Hearts III... trailer???

What if he's recording Iago for a KHIII E3 trailer???? That would be awesome! Although you guys are probably right, it's probably finishing up II.5 Remix. Which is still exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back