• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gilbert Gottfried Recording for Kingdom Hearts!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

With E3 a mere 3 weeks away, it's finally time for the news flow to step up and deliver. After the latest feature in Weekly Shonen Jump, fans began bouncing off the walls in undiluted excitement, trying to predict what would come next. However, what did come next was hardly what anyone had forseen, and that was a voice actor confirmation.

Gilbert Gottfried, well known for his stand-up performance as Iago the parrot from Disney's Aladdin, just revealed via Twitter that he is recording lines for the loud-mouthed parrot for another Kingdom Hearts title! 

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix is slated to release worldwide sometime this year, there is no doubt that he is referring to this long-awaited remaster.

What new lines do you think he could be recording? How far along could they be until the game's release? And when do you suppose it even will release? Tell us your thoughts in our forums!

Source: Gilbert Gottfried's Twitter

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
"Voice acting is one of the last parts of the development".

Glad it wasn't Jesse for once!

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Sounds almost certain like he's doing voice work for coded's 2.5HD cinematics, which is good to hear because it means it's on its way! Also, Agrabah's one of coded's high-points, so this makes me even more excited, really. There may even be some cleanup work to be done for KH2:FM but that seems a little unlikely.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
If he's doing new lines, it must be for Re:coded, yeah?

I don't see why he'd be redoing lines for KHII.

Also
"Voice acting is one of the last parts of the development".
If that's the case, I wonder if...

They're planning a worldwide release?

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm kind of surprised that it wasn't Jesse lulz

I don't remember if he shows up in Coded, but this is probably for the ReCoded scenes, right? ;0; (Edit: ninja'd whoops :T)

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
For like a minute I thought this was confirming the King of Thieves for KH3 or something, but yeah Re:Coded is definitely what it is :p Though I don't really remember Agrabah well from that game so I don't remember what Iago even did...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Worldwide release in the sense that it's releasing worldwide? Yes.

Worldwide release in the sense that it's releasing worldwide simultaneously? No.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
They announced it was going to be a worldwide release a long time ago.
He meant a worldwide simultaneous release. Which is possible, and there's a better chance for it now than ever...but even though voice acting IS one of the last things done, keep in mind that Square has been known to sit on a finished product until the best time for them to release it and boost sales. Birth by Sleep's english voice acting was done in 2009 but it wasn't released until September 2010.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Yo I actually have dreams about this stuff happening and I always wake up really happy and satisfied and now it's coming true

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Let's hope they'll spend some time to create new facial animations for the English lines.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Yeah, I meant simultaneous release. I guess that wasn't too clear.

I'm not about to expect it from Square, but the year's half over already so I doubt they'll pull the same shenanigans they did with 1.5.

And I bet it'd drum up some hype.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
We need a VA Hall of Fame for those who spill the beans early.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Haley spilt 'em on KH3
Jesse spilt 'em on 1.5
and my favorite, Mr. Gilbert Gottfried spilt em everywhere on 2.5.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Jesse, our current reigning champion, spilt them for KH2, Days, BBS, 3D and 1.5.

Notable mention goes to James Patrick Stuart and the other Jesse for also spilling the beans with 3D and Phil Snyder with Re:coded.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Jesse, our current reigning champion, spilt them for KH2, Days, BBS, 3D and 1.5.
If he doesn't do it for KH3 when the time comes, I swear...

Gilbert Gottfried really stole his thunder.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Jesse McCartney and Gilbert Gottfried:

[video=youtube;H-RPqYj2fms]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-RPqYj2fms&feature=kp[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back