• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Ghostbusters (2016)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So the trailer for the new Ghostbusters film finally came out [video=youtube;w3ugHP-yZXw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw[/video]

Wow, just look at all of those dislikes.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Going to say this. Not appealed to it although if the original Ghostbusters never EXISTED. This reboot would be great to watch but under the shadows of the original....its just doesn't have certain formulas of the original movies.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Wow.... I'm speechless. I'm not sure if I should be happy or be creeped out. This looks like an extremely weird movie.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
As a huge fan of the first movie, you probably won't be surprised to hear me say: This looks terrible.

I think kids might enjoy it, I think returning fans will be pretty disappointed.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if this movie bombed. The fact that its replacing the previous cast with females is going to turn a lot of people away

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if this movie bombed. The fact that its replacing the previous cast with females is going to turn a lot of people away

Actually, I think having a female cast is really refreshing. A new generation could insist into enjoying it more than the fans from the original movie. Of course, just what Max posted above.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
people are giving it too much flak because the cast is all female. it looks decent but i agree that if they don't get decent momentum they'll bomb.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I guess I could go see it when it releases, but I doubt I would enjoy it. Still have yet to watch the original.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Imo the jokes in the trailer make it seem like Bridesmaids. I'm trying not to form too much of an opinion without seeing it because I absolutely adore the first film, but a lot of the humor in this trailer seems a little forced.

I don't think the female cast is to blame for that. Frankly, a female cast is pretty awesome. But I think the writing is a little... subpar? I'll give it a chance at some point but I'm not really excited.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
people are giving it too much flak because the cast is all female. it looks decent but i agree that if they don't get decent momentum they'll bomb.
ehh not interested, hopefull its god tho

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
wow they made a sequel to pixels

oh wait, its the new ghostbusters

oh...

ooh.......

TnYCQsp.gif

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
people are giving it too much flak because the cast is all female.

I give them flak because they're all terrible. Whether or not they have a penis is irrelevant.

a lot of the humor in this trailer seems a little forced.

Yeah, every time there's a pause in music where the trailer expects you to laugh is just filled with me being silent and not laughing.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I give them flak because they're all terrible. Whether or not they have a penis is irrelevant.

Yeah, every time there's a pause in music where the trailer expects you to laugh is just filled with me being silent and not laughing.

nah i dont mean you, i mean most of the youtube comments and tweets i've seen.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I have seen several referring to the black woman as a gorrilla so, yes, that makes sense.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
The trailer isn't selling me yet, but I will still give it a try (mostly out of curiosity)
The shit slinging is insane though. There's nothing wrong with having an all female cast, but making it so could've been a mistake since it basically has to put up a bigger fight now. Rebooting a 30 year old franchise is enough of a risk as it is without doing something that can be as polarizing as that for... some... "people". There's a possibility this movie will suffer because of that, regardless of the actual quality of the movie.

I also don't see why they had to make it a reboot instead of a sequel. Completely unnecessary imo.

Also found this fan-edited trailer. It doesn't fix everything, but on the whole a better trailer: [video=youtube;8IDXpOX0Cp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IDXpOX0Cp0[/video]

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
My disappointment with this trailer has no end. At the very beginning of the trailer, it talks about about four scientists (there were only 3) from the original Ghostbusters when the first movie upposedly didn't happen in this timeline. The trailer completely fails to capture the essence of what Ghostbusters is, especially where all of the corny jokes are concerned. The movie looks a lot like Pixels, which to me is not at all what Ghostbusters should look like. It is seemingly shot like a comedy film, but movies like Ghostbusters are typically filmed like the reality they take place in. Instead of being shot like a paranormal investigation/horror style movie (I'm aware that's not what it is, but it is the world in which the characters believe they are in), the 2016 Ghostbusters is shot like a comedy movie. Maybe the next trailer will be cut a bit better, but man, was this one bad.

I didn't have crazy high expectations for the movie in the sense that I just wanted it to feel like Ghostbusters, but instead it feels like a stereotypical slapstick comedy.

As a side note, I have no issue witth the fact that the cast is all female. I might have chosen different actresses, but the fact of it being all fmales is totally fine. I actually think it should be a mix between all genders, but that's certainly not the issue with the movie, it is most certainly the tone and writing, at least from what I've gathered from the trailer.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
[video=youtube;QFcNhrNf6hQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFcNhrNf6hQ[/video]

My actual reaction to this abomination

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
The problem with this movie isn't having an all female cast. It's having really, really shitty writing. At least from the trailer anyways.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The problem with this movie isn't having an all female cast. It's having really, really shitty writing. At least from the trailer anyways.
Having a female cast isn't the problem but it is for a lot of people. Some think that the film is trying to push some feminist agenda, which is why the trailer has so much dislikes. The negative reception and crap writing is why I get the feeling that the movie will do terribly at the box office

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I wish other people would understand this, instead of immediately falling back on saying you're sexist, etc.

But I mean, have you seen the dislike bar on trailer's video? That's saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back