• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Ghostbusters (2016)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
^ I'd love to see that Chuman! But no really, they should just leave the Ghostbusters movies as they are and not make another one. With having a female cast defeats the purpose because they always have been men, not women.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
...Is that not the exact point of a trailer? To let audiences know what the movie is going to be like? And all I can see is terrible use of a license. A trailer is suppose to make you want to see the movie and it is not doing a thing for me. All I see is bad writing, bad characters, and nothing remotely similar to Ghostbusters.
but boycotting or generally flipping your shit over a film based on an arguably shitty trailer in a history of shitty trailers for a movie made by a group of people known for one critical success after another despite the historically shitty trailers attached to each of those critical successes? judging a movie's script by a diddlying trailer in the first place, as if the director or the writer or even the actual editor attached to the movie cut it themselves?

and i'm sorry, nothing remotely similar to ghostbusters? sure, i suppose if we're completely disregarding the near identical premise and tone lol.

i love you, ulti, and i certainly don't think you're stupid. but that rationale is definitely full-blown retarded. i don't take issue with anyone disliking the trailer, or being generally put off for some reason or another, but the overwhelmingly negative backlash this thing has gotten is disproportionate to say the least.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
but boycotting or generally flipping your shit over a film based on an arguably shitty trailer in a history of shitty trailers for a movie made by a group of people known for one critical success after another despite the historically shitty trailers attached to each of those critical successes? judging a movie's script by a diddlying trailer in the first place, as if the director or the writer or even the actual editor attached to the movie cut it themselves?

and i'm sorry, nothing remotely similar to ghostbusters? sure, i suppose if we're completely disregarding the near identical premise and tone lol.

i love you, ulti, and i certainly don't think you're stupid. but that rationale is definitely full-blown retarded. i don't take issue with anyone disliking the trailer, or being generally put off for some reason or another, but the overwhelmingly negative backlash this thing has gotten is disproportionate to say the least.

Agreed.

I'm going to be honest: the trailer hasn't exactly wowed me either, but nothing in it warrants the sheer hatred it has received so far. I am going to see the movie at some point. I already know I will. Probably not in theatre (though that partially depends on what else is out at the time, can't see EVERYTHING), but I'm generally not the kind of person that shits over something without having seen, read or played it. Seems kinda unfair. Especially since trailers are notoriously bad indicators of a movie's actual quality. Some trailers are shittily made (as proven by an altered trailer people made days after the original trailer got released that was loads better than the official one), and sometimes an absolutely atrocious movie can get the best damn trailer of the year.

If you really want to hate a movie before you've seen it, at least have the decency to wait until there are actual reviews.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
the movie looks decent. my only issue with the trailers is that they lean too much towards comedy.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
For anyone who doesn't know the movie costs 154 million dollars. If this tanks at the box office, oh boy

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Really? Given all the hate it's been recieving and some people refusing to see it I wouldn't be surprised if it flopped
I really don't think the general movie-watching public really cares about this shit, tbh. And if something like BvS can make back its budget and then some, I'm sure a new Ghostbusters movie will do just fine. Plus, most people will want to see it just to see if it's bad.

As Andrew Todd puts it:

tumblr_o7luksYfGP1ugvzu5o1_540.png

tumblr_o7luksYfGP1ugvzu5o2_540.png

tumblr_o7luksYfGP1ugvzu5o3_540.png

So yeah. I don't know if it will be a huge rousing success or anything, but I'd be surprised if it didn't recoup its budget.

Last edited:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Really? Given all the hate it's been recieving and some people refusing to see it I wouldn't be surprised if it flopped

Sadly people flop to witness train-wrecks, given all the success those Twilight movies got. Hell even that 50 Shades garbage was too successful thanks to all the lonely moms who brought cucumbers to the theaters. I'm hoping this flops just so it can be a wake up call to hollywood that we're sick of these bastardized remakes/reboots with no care or love put into them.

But honestly, you'd think with a fairly decent budget like that, you could get better visuals than the Haunted Mansion from 13 years ago whose budget was only 90 million. Sheesh

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
so reviews are out. its mixed to positive, works on a comedy level and as a movie but, like most reboots, its not up to par with the original. i'm relieved to hear.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Wonder if some of the more positive reviews will help boost its chances at the box office?

Interestingly enough some of the summer movies have been underpreforming so far.

Zul

Awards
I give this movie a 0/10. Two reasons.

1. You can't have Goatsbusters without goats.
2. There were no goats in the entire movie AFAIK.

EDIT: Turns out the title is actually "ghostbusters", might re-assess critique.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
[video=youtube;Yuj9t3mmVus]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuj9t3mmVus[/video]
Thought I'd share this. By far the most funny review of the movie I've seen.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Thankfully I missed all the craziness over this film. I was only ever interested in this as a movie with Melissa McCarthy and Leslie Jones--who's been hilarious on SNL--than as a remake of a "classic" (LOL no) anyway. I'm sure the film will do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back