• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Getting an ereader for manga

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
So I wanted to buy regular manga (namely Knights of the Zodiac) but my bill LITERALLY came to $900 because the best prices were only in the US. Then when I tried mix and matching some sites from the US and some Canadian stores, it'll still come up around $600.
That's when I said **** it, I'm getting an ereader. Because it's not only Knights of the Zodiac, I also want other older manga that have seemed to vanish from the earth (Flame of Recca, MAR, Yu yu Hakusho) and the ebooks are REALLY cheap.

Now, here's where I need help. I've always said to myself "I like the feel of the book, and the light from a screen can give me headaches if I look too long" I also appreciated the size of the average manga book, easy to hold and just the right size. Also, computers crash all the time and slow down page turns. So now I need help finding the right ereader for manga. I'm caught between the $199 Kindle Voyage and the $119 Kindle Lightweight. Which do you guys think is better? I hear the Lightweight has nearly no lag time between page turns, but the Voyage has more space. Which also brings me to my next question, how big is the size of the average manga ebook? Because the GB on the ereaders is 1.35-4 GB which in my opinion is small. I know it says "thousands of books" but that's non-illustrated.

Finally, when I buy and ebook, does it get downloaded onto my computer, then to my book? Because I don't want too much more space being occupied on my laptop.

PS Just to let you know it's 1 am where I am and I've spent at least 2 hours trying to find the answers to these questions. So either I can't search in Google for the life of me, or I just can't find the proper answers I'm looking for.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 36435

I have literally never experienced lag when using an ereader. It doesn't take much to process text and static images.

Unclear_Motive

I would say save the money and buy the Lightweight (I assume you mean the Paperwhite?). As far as how big Mangas are data-wise, I unfortunately cannot give you an answer. What I can say is that when you buy a book from the Kindle Store, it downloads straight to your eReader (no need to download to your computer). Also, if you run out of room on your eReader, you can always delete older mangas or books that you have downloaded.

I hope I was able to help in some way.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
So I decided to get an ereader, namely: Kobo Aura. But I do have a few more questions about the space. The initial storage is 4 GB, but what happens when I get an SD card and fill it up as well? Can I interchange SD cards? So maybe like Knight of the Zodiac and whatever else on one card, and then some other series' on another? They can hold up to 32 GB
PS can it be any micro sd card?

Last edited:

Unclear_Motive

So I decided to get an ereader, namely: Kobo Aura. But I do have a few more questions about the space. The initial storage is 4 GB, but what happens when I get an SD card and fill it up as well? Can I interchange SD cards? So maybe like Knight of the Zodiac and whatever else on one card, and then some other series' on another? They can hold up to 32 GB
PS can it be any micro sd card?

I am not familiar with which SD card the Kobo Aura uses, but check the back of the box; it should inform you.

To answer your initial question, once your SD card is full you must either delete things on the SD card or use a different card. You are free to interchange SD cards whenever you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back