• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Get ready for Lucca after Paris Games Week is up.....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm not expecting a trailer necessarily, although I do think there's a chance of one. But, it's just as likely that this will be similar to TGS where it's more of a discussion of the series and the game, and showing off some gameplay of already revealed worlds. Or it could be like Shinji's Paris Games Week 2016 panel where we got 1.5+2.5 announced, Sora in WoFF, and the 0.2 opening revealed all back to back. So, who knows?

If I had to guess, I'd say we'll definitely get something new. I don't imagine it'll be a 90 minute panel of just them rehashing TGS info. Whether it be more footage of Big Hero 6 gameplay or even another short little surprise clip like the Sora vs Aqua fight, I think we'll see something. I'm not too sure if I think we're getting a world reveal here. My expectations aren't super high since I imagine they're going to save their big guns for Jump Festa and the weeks leading up to release.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i dont thinkwe get another clip here and i dont think tey show tgs stuff that panel was tsus tsu in japan more i dont think we get a world whatever it mayble and cuple annmcent here and there endinging with q and a

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Shoot, I wouldn’t mind seeing some Tangled gameplay. For the first new world announced for the game, I feel like we’ve seen the least of it. Not even a single boss battle like we’ve seen for all the other worlds except Monster’s Inc.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Shoot, I wouldn’t mind seeing some Tangled gameplay. For the first new world announced for the game, I feel like we’ve seen the least of it.
If there is one world we haven't seen the MOST footage in the game it has to be the Tangled world (Kingdom of Corona). I find it interesting as you said it yourself that despite Tangled and to an extent Big Hero 6 being the first new Disney worlds announced in the game, they were the worlds that we've seen the least footage/gameplay up until just this year (2018), which is why for the past 3-5 years we mostly had been mostly seeing footage of Olympus and especially Twilight Town. I don't blame Nomura and Square Enix for withholding these worlds cause with Tangled as said it in previous interviews and from the D23 Japan 2018 expo this year they had difficulties animating and rendering Rapunzel's hair which is supposed to interact with the environments and terrain of the world much like how her hair moved in the original movie.

Big Hero 6 was more than likely requested by either Roy Conli or someone at Disney following the box office success of the movie just when Nomura and his team were finalizing the worlds for the game and BH6 came in at the last minute before continued developing the game, which is quite the opposite with Tron: Legacy's inclusion in DDD as it was included as a world at the very last minute they made their world selections and when the game was wrapping up development. But focusing on Big Hero 6, when to have the world announced during D23 2015, Nomura and his team didn't have gameplay footage for the world yet, so instead he drew a concept art of Sora riding Baymax facing the original Baymax left at the Portal, Following the interviews from D23 2017, D23 Japan 2018 and E3 2018 Nomura said that they needed to wait a while longer for BH6 reveal as not only was it the last world put into the game but also the most complexing world they design given that it's a Big City environment and felt it would fit as a Late stage world.

Now with Tangled, this is what we've known so far from the trailers/footage since it was first revealed at E3 2015 and just this year:
  • Retelling the plot of the film but making it feel connected to the KH3 storyline
  • Exploring Rapunzel's tower, the Forest and the Town of Corona
  • Rapunzel and Flynn are party members for this world
  • Marluxia is the Darkness (we know very little on his motivations from the world so far, aside from the fact he's after Rapunzel due to her being one of the new "Seven Hearts" of Lights" and having a brief reunion with SDG. Whether he's in cahoots with Gothel is still unknown at this point)

Not even a single boss battle like we’ve seen for all the other worlds except Monster’s Inc.
I'm ravenous for more footage of the Kingdom of Corona cause it still surprises me that this world was not featured in the KH3 TGS gameplay video back in September. It will also be interesting on the bosses for this world cause they haven't shown ANY bosses from that world yet, I can imagine Gothel and Marluxia (depending if we get to fight him), but also the unique Heartless and presumably, Nobodies SDG might face as Bosses.

Here's to hope that much like how we got new info and scenes of Olympus that was revealed from the V Jump and Famitsu articles from October, this month's magazine scans will have the Kingdom of Corona as the focus and include new images and scenes that were previously not seen in past trailers and footage, alongside renders for the characters (Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Gothel, Maximus, Pascal, etc.). In addition seeing more locations from the movie (e.g. the Snuggly Duckling, The passage leading to the Dam and the harbor of Corona that was in the Floating Lantern scene). Not to mention that November is the same month when the film first came out in the USA. So I'm expecting they would show up during the 2nd/3rd week of November for the Kingdom of Corona scans.

Regarding Monster's Inc., I believe there was one shown in the TGS gameplay footage when SDG was putting out the fire, the Blue Slug/Beetle Unversed looks to be a boss/mini-boss (unless if it isn't one) given it has 2 bars of health unlike the standard Slug/Beetle Unversed that Sora fought in the Scare/Laugh Floor which had smaller health. Randall and/or Vanitas could be potential bosses as well along with having an Unversed Boss and/or a Heartless Boss in the climax of the world.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
So KH13 claims that they’ve received confirmation from Lucca Comics and Games that the KH3 panel will be streamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back