• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► George Miller's Mad Max: Fury Road

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
[video=youtube;akX3Is3qBpw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akX3Is3qBpw[/video]

As a rather big fan of the second film, The Road Warrior, I've been looking forward to this movie for the past several years. It looks like it'll be well-worth the wait.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I'm shocked this has only got one reply. TODAY.

My hype engines have been running full pelt for this film since the trailer was released.

Finally getting a chance to see it tomorrow after work.

Cannot wait.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I saw the first one. Thought it was decent, heard this movie was fantastic and I am way hyped up for it.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I saw it friday after marathoning the others on thursday. Found it to be the most enjoyable in the series and way better than I expected it to be (tbf I hadn’t seen any trailers because I’ve been trying to stop getting my hopes up because of them) . It’s a whole lot more fast-paced and action filled than the others. Shit’s crazy and ridiculously over the top pretty much non-stop.
It’s clear that if Miller had anything resembling budget in the past, those movies would be a whole lot more like this one.

Currently I rank them Fury Road > 2 > 3 > 1

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Never seen this franchise before...:(

You don't have to watch the first films to watch this one. They help to understand where Max is coming from mentally, but Fury Road stands on its own very well. If you like action and great visuals in your films, this is worth checking out

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I saw it. I thought it was just okay. Max himself and the other main girls just felt kind of two dimensional without any real development. Though I felt I might of liked it more if I had seen the other films. At least it had pretty visuals.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Currently I rank them Fury Road > 2 > 3 > 1

I couldn't finish Thunderdome.

You can really tell that Miller didn't have that much involvement on it and that it didn't start out life as a Mad Max film.

The others are classics though.

Even the first film is a classic exploitation movie.

Also nice bit of trivia. The actor who played the first movies villain also plays Immortan Joe in Fury Road.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I've heard so much acclaim about this new film, it's really piqued my interest. I'll probably check it out sometime this week since it just came out friday

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
You don't have to watch the first films to watch this one. They help to understand where Max is coming from mentally, but Fury Road stands on its own very well. If you like action and great visuals in your films, this is worth checking out

Especially since this is a reboot. Only the first movie is still canon.

I couldn't finish Thunderdome.

You can really tell that Miller didn't have that much involvement on it and that it didn't start out life as a Mad Max film.

The others are classics though.

Even the first film is a classic exploitation movie.

Also nice bit of trivia. The actor who played the first movies villain also plays Immortan Joe in Fury Road.

Actually, I felt that the first was kind of dull. Not bad, but I found it hard to engage myself in the story up until the family dies. That's 2 thirds into the movie. :/ The only thing that felt off to me in Beyond Thunderdome is the whole act with the kids. The Bartertown bits were good. The fact that it wasn't originally a Mad Max movie is true, though Miller still directed it (along with George Ogilvie). In fact, he's the one that decided it should be a Mad Max movie.

In fairness, though I did rank them, I feel they're all pretty close to each other. Except Fury Road. I can't stress how ridiculously over the top it is compared to the others. It's a real adrenaline rush from start to (almost) finish.
Without getting into characterisation or story-writing, I feel that for a series called Mad Max, Fury road is the one that delivers the most on that title.

I did not know that, and I think that's kind of awesome. Out of all the over the top bits, Immortan Joe was definitely one of my favorites.

Last edited:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
So just got back from watching this film. HOLY. FUCK. I expected it to be good but hot damn, it was great. All hail a return to practical effects too. Hopefully a sequel happens at this point

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
One of the best movies I've seen in years. It's straight to the point and I liked that. Charlize Theron's performance blew me away, her presence is almost palpable in every scene she's in and would personally put her up there along with Ripley and Sarah Connor as one of the most iconic female characters I've seen in a movie.

This is a movie that I think is gonna be talked about for years.

A

I shoot first there is no shooting back
Awards
This movie exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds hopefully the sequels will be just as good or even better.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy are beautiful people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back