• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Genzo Wakayama, voice of Ansem the Wise, passes away at 88

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Genzo Wakayama, best known by Kingdom Hearts fans as the Japanese voice actor of Ansem the Wise, passed away on May 18th, 2021 at the age of 88. His family held a private memorial service for him.

Wakayama was best known for his Japanese dub work for actors Sean Connery, Gene Barry, Peter Graves, and Raymond Burr. He also had a prolific career as a disk jockey on TBS Radio from 1973-1995 He also narrated Abarenbo Shogun from 1978-2003. 

Source: Anime News Network

Rob

Awards
This hurts so much. Wakayama's performance as Ansem The Wise was so amazing. My favorite line from him comes from the Birth by Sleep Japanese commercial that begins with the iconic PSP logo with the *do do* sound then with him saying "Subete wa nemuri kara umareru" then Hikari starts playing. That was my favorite BBS commercial and I would rewatch every night until the game released. This applies to the final Jump Fest trailer which released before that as well and is my favorite BBS trailer and KH trailer as a whole.

His last KH role was in Melody of Memory. I'm going to be rewatching that scene a lot now.

Thank you, Wakayama. RIP

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This hurts so much. Wakayama's performance as Ansem The Wise was so amazing. My favorite line from him comes from the Birth by Sleep Japanese commercial that begins with the iconic PSP logo with the *do do* sound then with him saying "Subete wa nemuri kara umareru" then Hikari starts playing. That was my favorite BBS commercial and I would rewatch every night until the game released. This applies to the final Jump Fest trailer which released before that as well and is my favorite BBS trailer and KH trailer as a whole.

His last KH role was in Melody of Memory. I'm going to be rewatching that scene a lot now.

Thank you, Wakayama. RIP

Gosh that is absolutely burned in my brain ;~;

Reactions: Rob

WaltK

Awards

Thank you, Wakayama. RIP
This one, right?

So much nostalgia.

RIP

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Wow, super sad to hear. Let’s pray he’s in a better place now.

Do you think they will find someone else to do Ansem the Wise’s voice lines (if that character’s role is still needed)?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This one, right?

So much nostalgia.

RIP
Damn...damn this takes me back. ;A; I know it all by heart still.

Wow, super sad to hear. Let’s pray he’s in a better place now.

Do you think they will find someone else to do Ansem the Wise’s voice lines (if that character’s role is still needed)?
I think they will recast. It seemed like they were going to keep the Radiant Garden scientists relevant to the future story...

Guernsey

Awards
I am really sorry that this happened. My condolences to his family,friends and co-workers.

Back