• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Aladdin (2019) - A whole new, new world

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Anagram

Banned
^ People are pissed because one such remake was the reason for Trons cancellation.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Heaven, please give us Robin Williams, and we'll give you this Aladdin prequel 0.0

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Was it a remake? I thought it was Tomorrowland's failure at the box office?

It was because of Tomorrowland's failure but in fairness since Tron's cancellation there's been a slew of weird announcements like a live action Night on Bald Mountain, a Maleficent sequel and now this Genie prequel.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
II asked for a different live action film with blue people, Disney. What the diddly

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
"Ten thousand years, can sure give you a crank in the neck." -Genie.

I wonder if the prequel will talk about the ten thousand years Genie spent in the lamp and his former master. He spent ten thousand years in the lamp, so that has a lot to cover. If I remember from the cartoon, Genie was sold to some sorcerer by his former master in exchange for immortality. Then, when Aladdin found him, Genie's former master hired a Mukhtar to go after Genie, Mukhtars and Genies have a prey/predator relationship going on.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm curious what a fouth film would have been about. They didn't use Robin williams for the second film, third, and TV series. Would it have been before all of that?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm curious what a fouth film would have been about. They didn't use Robin williams for the second film, third, and TV series. Would it have been before all of that?

Robin Williams did return for the third film. He wasn't part of the second or the series because he was on bad terms with Disney.

I'm not sure there was any plans for a fourth movie, it's just his will is there to prevent any possibility of his voice being used for one.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Robin Williams came back for the third film.

It probably would have been a story altered to fit his ad-libbed dialogue.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I really liked how the trilogy ended and would have felt weird about another film anyway.

Also, just release the god damn show on DVD instead Disney.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Robin Williams came back for the third film.
He did? Been a while since I watched King of Thieves so I might not have recognized him. Shame he couldn't voice genie for the second film and TV series. Dan Castellaneta just didn't seem to capture Genie

I really liked how the trilogy ended and would have felt weird about another film anyway.

I agree. though I would have liked to see a short spin off on the adventures of Iago and Cassium

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wouldn't say it was a shame. Robin Williams didn't want Disney to push Genie as their marketing tool for the first film and they did it anyways so he refused to work with them for a long time. That's how things go.

I'd rather respect his anger and be happy he came back for King of Thieves at all.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
No one does in Hollywood

Unless it's in ya contract

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm sorry, but he will never replace Robin Williams. No one can.
really2nm.gif.html

SoulXaldin

Awards
Let's clone Robin from whatever remains of his DNA and see what happens! Maybe then he can voice Genie! *cries in the corner as he realizes it's never gonna happen*

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
No one can top Robin, but I'm willing to give Will(or anyone else for that matter) a chance. As long as they can pull in a decent performance, I'm good.

Back