• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Genie, knower of events from BBS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarocker

While I was playing KHI, Genie said this:
"Keyhole? I remember hearing about that,"

We can say that since MX is after KH he needs all seven princesses of hearts counting Jasmine. Since Genie heard about a keyhole, he might know about the events of BBS. Also, he might be either an ally or a summon.

~ragnarok

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Very Interesting. Genie has been portrayed in the movie/series as if he's not omnipotent he's at least got access to alot of knowledge. So he might have access to it. I don't know if he would show up b/c in the movie he mentions he's been in the lamp for ten thousand years. I don't remember if he gives the same line in the game (which is deutro canon to the movie and show) but if he doesn't than he may show up!

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Actually, he does say something like that when they're traveling back to Agrabah to help Jasmine in the first game. I think he says, "I'm lucky if I see the light of day every century or two." I wouldn't mind seeing him though, he makes Agrabah a fun world, and I love using his summon!

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Man, I really need to play the first Kingdom Hearts over again.

Even though I've played it over and over, I don't recall any of these little things.

KCDjedi

Speaking of Genie, (forgive me, it's been a while since I last played KHII) doesn't he weild his own copy of the Keyblade as a summon in KHII? Eh.... I'll go check up on that in a bit.

Anyway, I remember think that that was a fairly suspicious line when I first heard it.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Speaking of Genie, (forgive me, it's been a while since I last played KHII) doesn't he weild his own copy of the Keyblade as a summon in KHII? Eh.... I'll go check up on that in a bit.

He wields one but It's just a replica I'm sure.

KCDjedi

He wields one but It's just a replica I'm sure.

Most likely, but it behaves exactly like Sora's Keyblade does in battle, and it's able to do the same things that Sora's can do. (especially when flying through the air, but I didn't get a screenshot of that)

It doesn't have a Keychain, but neither do Terra's, Ven's, or Aqua's keyblades..

GK.jpg

genieskeyblade.jpg

A

Azrael

So does that mean that Genie himself is a Keyblade wielder? I never really noticed, I thought he was just impersonating Sora and stuff

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

Genie wasn't the only one who had knowledge of the Keyblade ya'know

and anyways, Genie is a Genie with phenomenal power. He can wish a keyblade to exist but he himself doesn't qualify as a keyblade wielder. in any case, its just a copy

soraaxel

Sorry man,but no. I've replayed KH recently and he says he heard it 1000 or 10000 years back about the keyhole.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
1) Welcome to KHI soraaxel. I hope you enjoy it here

2) Very Interesting if he did hear it 10000 years ago. I wonder where he heard it then. If what you say is true, then maybe ATW may have heard of keyholes from visiting Agrabah or something like that.

Alpha_Sonix

Sorry man,but no. I've replayed KH recently and he says he heard it 1000 or 10000 years back about the keyhole.

He did say "It's only been a 1000 Years or so". So unless Genie was released 10 years before KH1 I'd rather doubt he would be in Birth By Sleep, unless someone messed with the Timeline and everyone forgot what happened 10 years ago before KH1.

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
No, Genie is not a Keyblade Wielder. As a Summon of Sora's, he takes on a rough resemblance to him since he has four different looks, fighting styles and abilities based on those of Sora's four Forms.

Genie, in both the movies and games, says he is thousands of years old. Whether that extends to knowledge of the pasts of other Worlds, I am unsure. But, considering how powerful he is and the range of his abilities, I wouldn't be surprised if he knew about the Keyhole.

Ragnarocker

You know, you all have been posting that is not possible for Genie to be in BBS but think about this:
Genie is released by Mickey. Mickey uses his two wishes to help Terra, Aqua and Ven. Mickey uses his last wish to make Genie forget about what happened in the war making him only remember about the keyhole in the Cave of Wonders. Also, sonce Mickey didn't said anything aout the kybalde war in neither KHs, he must've have a reason to not tella nd taht's why he maked Genie forget about all of that.

~ragnarok

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
No, Genie is not a Keyblade Wielder. As a Summon of Sora's, he takes on a rough resemblance to him since he has four different looks, fighting styles and abilities based on those of Sora's four Forms.

Finally, somone speaks the truth. Besides, have you all looked at the Keyblade? It's the same Keyblade you get by beating Agrabah in KH1. The Three Wishes Keyblade. If it has no Keychain, it could be a copy of the original, but I distinctively remember seeing a Keychain because I love that summon.

You know, you all have been posting that is not possible for Genie to be in BBS but think about this:
Genie is released by Mickey. Mickey uses his two wishes to help Terra, Aqua and Ven. Mickey uses his last wish to make Genie forget about what happened in the war making him only remember about the keyhole in the Cave of Wonders. Also, sonce Mickey didn't said anything aout the kybalde war in neither KHs, he must've have a reason to not tella nd taht's why he maked Genie forget about all of that.

~ragnarok

Don't mean to be rude, but how would Mickey come upon the Lamp? Besides, Mickey is strong enough on his own without Genie's help.

Detronilizer

You guys do know that Genie isn't the only one who may know something about BBS. Remember King Triton's line?: "As the key bearer, you must already know one must not meddle in the affairs of other worlds." Plus, there's Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, all the Disney villains, etc.

About Genie, there's a screenshot of him scaring Roxas in 358/2 Days, yet he doesn't seem to notice the resemblance when he sees Sora again, nor did he guess that the "friend" Sora is looking for is Roxas (which would've been entirely possible). It's a stretch, but maybe Genie (and the other characters) have had their memories erased more than once. If he met Ven (since there's supposedly a scene with Ven with Aladdin in the Jump Festa trailer), did he make the connection with Roxas? Not only Agrabah, but every other world that both Ven and Roxas visited; have the characters noticed that they've seen the "same" fifteen year-old after 10 years? Since the three games are connected, this should be explained.

Damn, my head hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back