• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► .Genesis

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribbles

The Based Battletoad.
Website
spacejoyridin.tumblr.com
((Okay, I got tons of chapters done here already, so I'ma gonna post three up a post, I got up till seven done, so I'll try and wait until someone comments before adding.))

.Genesis
Book one// Birth by Sleep
Chapter one: Origin​

It is the year 2018. This generation of humans is truly under the rule of technology. One cannot cross a street without seeing someone on a cellular phone or playing some sort of handheld. This wired generation has left behind those without any type of techno knowledge. Though this was the inevitable conclusion, promised generations ago by the scientists of yesteryear. In this time period the ones in power are truly the internet heavy teenagers, spending day and night on their computer they have grown greatly ‘connected’. Yet what these teens do on their computers are different from one another, some may use their time writing stories, chatting with friends, or ‘surfing the internet’. But there is a large majority claimed to play game online, the largest number are said to play a game dubbed “The World”. This game is played by people of all ages really, and spreads far and wide throughout this planet. Those that play spend their time fighting monsters, interacting with other players, and leveling up their characters to become stronger. And yet even in all this fun and play their lies darkness, “The World” is a game that has not been ‘widely accepted’. A few years back there was an outbreak of comas throughout players, they would be found in this deathly state with their controllers in hand and headsets equipped, it sent a great scare throughout players. And at the end of this chain of events CCCorp (the game makers) and “The World” found their demise. Then just as players thought their beloved game was gone forever the corporation created a new “World”. Game play was revamped, new features were added, and the graphics had a complete overhaul. What was thought of as a desperate maneuver by some was a dream come true for others. By some “The World R:2", as it was dubbed as, was said to be doomed for failure. Yet those people were put to shame when R:2 hit the Two Million sales mark and became as big as it’s predecessor. And still some were not happy- players missed their old characters, the characters they worked so hard to build up, they missed their old, warm “World”. You see something completely unexpected was added to this version of The World: Player Killing or ‘’PKing’‘.
Players were granted the ability to engage in battle with others, what was added by CCCorp as a way to increase game play and competition was abused by players, the powerful began to bully the week, kill other players for simple enjoyment.

One could not venture into the field or dungeons without the fear of being Pked (player killed). As a result a new faction was born, the ‘’Player Killer Killers’‘.
They fought to protect those being harmed and bullied by other players. Many of these ‘PKK’s’ as they are called were once Player killed as well, some fulled solely by that sense of revenge. Then there are those wanting only to enjoy the game, and then there is the most intriguing group. A small minority in The World have set out to search for mysteries in the game, be it for treasures, hidden quests, or something more. In a world shrouded in mystery they look for answers in this game, traveling into the deep, dark reaches of The World.

And this dear reader, is where our story begins.
The story of two worlds, and a boy with a blind conviction.
You are about to enter...

The World...

–---------------​
“Finally. Done with the boring part. Why in the world would they need my zip code?”

The dim light of the computer screen poured into the dark room. The young man’s brown eyes stared blankly at his screen, almost as if he were put into a trance. His skin was painted a deep brown color, one could not tell where it ended. His hair was a black colored fashioned in that of a buzz cut, his sat in a long tee shirt and a pair of plaid pajama pants. A proud grin swept across the boys face as he bent under his computer desk. Under sat a large white box, it read across it “Stuff”. Vague yes, but he could understand it perfectly. Pulling it from under the desk the box let out a loud SKID! sound. Reaching in the boy pulled up a long black cord, as he fished the rest out he had in front of him a group of odd looking gadgets. Among them, a complicated looking controller, a headset that looked as if it came straight from a science fiction film, and the long black cord. The rest was nothing but manual papers and such. Letting out a deep sigh he began the tedious hooking up of the system, plugging in the controller and installing the disk into his computer. “Alright...” He whispered in a raspy voice.
He placed the black cord into an circular opening in the headset and connected the naked end of the cord into a compartment in the controller. Once that was done he placed the headset atop his head.”Okay. Now the fun part.” The boy said, his tone sounding like that of a young child.
There was a loud whirring sound, and then a soft ping. Suddenly a bright white screen crossed his gaze, he winced almost falling from his seat. Then, as suddenly as the white screen came it vanished giving way to an empty grey screen. Bold letters that read ‘loading’ appeared and a short blue gauge began to fill with white.
Within seconds the gauge was filled and the words ‘Character Name’ greeted him.
“Character name huh? Well gotta make it somethin good. Ah.” He spoke to himself, and then opened a grid, spread across it was the alphabet, on one end was the english letters, and on the other various letters from other languages. Of course he began to key in american letters. With the arrow buttons on his controller he keyed in...D-E-M-E-T-R-I. And pressing the enter button a satisfied look crossed his face as he took his first step into creating his character. Demetri. He had the character in his mind for some while, he had always been a creative kid, that’s why he jumped at the idea of joining “The World” when his friend told him of it.

The next screen had his character name at the top, and at the bottom was a rotating wireframe. Two to be precise, one of a male, and the other of a female.
The word ‘choose’ faded into the picture. And he keyed over to the male wireframe. From there he was taken a screen much to complicated to explain, it held the contents for one to create the look of their character. From the skin color on down to the size of their nostrils. Detailed indeed. The boy spent some time creating this character it would be too time consuming to write out the process in which he did this, instead we shall fast forward to the point in which he chose his character’s class. This screen showed a long list of classes, ranging from twin blade, to ninja, to thief. But as he scrolled through these numerous classes only one stuck out to him, The Adapt Rouge. This class was able to change weapons on the fly, in a sense they were a jack of all trades. In small yellow text at the bottom of the Adapt Rouge page it read “FOR ADVANCED PLAYERS ONLY”. Yet the naive boy only shrugged the warning off before accepting the job.”Okay! Time to get into the game!” He yelled at the top of his lungs. Accepting all fields the large loading screen appeared once again, the gauge filled more slowly this time, as there was a ton of data to process- but it was worth the wait. Once ten minutes passed large gold letters appeared one by one C-O-N-G-R-A-G-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S!! They said, and a burst of festive confetti flew down on the screen. He paid no mind to the screen and waited to start. After a short intro text appeared yet another loading screen came. This time he was shown a picture of a town area. The world seemed to be a harbor town, resting on burning amber waters, the golden sun shone down on this twilight town, painting everything in a golden cloak. Buildings were packed together and tons of players just like himself ran around, this must have been where they all got their quests- a player HQ maybe.

Suddenly the scene disappeared to give way to a dark, dim lit dome. A small number of players gathered here, exchanging words with each other and talking about their adventures. With a white and blue aura forming in the room Demetri came into existence. Taking a look around he threw his hands in the air letting out a joyous squeal. He made it in! This was it! The World he had heard so much about, now the only thing to do was to find him friend.”Whoo! The system can’t hold me down!” He yelled at the top of his lungs. Glances were shot at this odd acting Rouge, and then the all looked away, the same thing heard off their breath: “n00b.”
This was the lowest thing you could be called on the internet, a n00b. Someone immensely ignorant and inexperienced. A fool if you will. They all looked upon this new oddly dressed Rouge with dismay. His hair in black dread locks falling middle length of his neck, black and purple goggled stretched across his head, the strap covered by his dreads. His skin was a dark brown, on his face were two black lightening shaped tattoos, located right under his eyes. He wore a long yellow robe like jacket with long black tassel falling from the large hood. His legs were covered by a pair of extremely long shorts that cut off at his ankles, the shorts were yellow as well rimmed with black and red. A pair of black and white boots were at his feet, chains dangled from his legs. And atop his head was a pair off...tall wolf ears.”Eh?” His golden eyes looked up at the ears, scratching his head he wondered how exactly those got there, he didn’t remember putting those there.”Must be a bug.” He told himself, simply disregarding the fact. The Rouge sighed dropping to his rear on the stairway. Behind him stood a large blue gate, around it twirled golden circles, this gate was known to players as ‘The Chaos Gate’. It transported them to other towns, dungeons, fields and just about anywhere else in The World. It was the only source for traveling between levels in this game. Suddenly a voice from behind called out to the boredom struck Demetri. “Hey! Xavier!” The voice said, and as if from nowhere a tall muscular ape ran up to Demetri. Who is this guy? He just called me by my name...oh boy. The red man grabbed Demetri and turned him around.”I knew you’d get here! It’s me!
Nick!” He exclaimed, letting out a booming laugh. Demetri gulped, looking at this man, he had no idea his best friend would go around online as an ape.

“Come on man. It’s Demetri here, whatever, what’s yur character name?”

- - - -

Chapter Two:
Lumina Cloth​

“And why the heck are ya a gorilla?!”

Demetri added in a tone that was a mixture of confusion and agitation. The giddy gorilla broke out into a booming laugh, almost shaking Demetri to the ground. Suddenly the gorilla’s entire demeanor changed into that of a serious and hardened look. And then from above appeared a girl whose hair was that of a monochrome black and white. Dressed in garb that would make her look like a male she wore a heavy green vest, and a pair of black and white jeans, on her feet were heavy combat boots. As she landed one could tell her hair was usually long, running down to her waist, black bangs fell over her grey eyes that look somehow full of pep. Rising from a crouching position on the ground she threw a sharp point of the index finger at the red Gorilla. He grey eyes sent a piercing gaze that shot daggers through him.

“You! Linux! I vow this time I will defeat you!” She yelled, he voice was clearly that of a girl’s, yet full of passion. The red gorilla Linux let out nothing but a larger than life sigh. His brown eyes looking again at Demetri, starting their conversation again, ignoring the girl.

“So anyways, I’m Linux here, Emperor of the Heaven palace mind you.”
As the two continued with a long conversation the girl stood there, becoming more and more agitated. Her eyes almost showing the frustration of her real life self.
After awhile Linux laughed, starting to feel sorry for her he made an attempt to acknowledge her.”Okay Xavier, I’m sure you know this little lady here,” Looking up at the words Demetri seemed confused.”Meet Maria of our middle school class, or should I say Lynn?” He said in a somewhat sarcastic tone. Demetri was struggling to sustain a laugh when Lynn was shooting two icy glares at the boys.
“Wow Maria, I never would have thought a girl like you would have been into online games like “The World”!” Demetri said laughing, but Lynn was not amused, though she was not bursting into an anger induced rage yet.”Okay Xavier, I got a present for ya. Two of the best players in the game are about to fight at the Demon Palace, and I got reserved seats, oh you can come too Lynn if ya want.”

Lynn nodded as well as Demetri.”Okay I’ll invite the both of you into my party and we can warp to Lumina Cloth...”
- - - -

As the three entered the Chaos Gate a picture of a bustling night town appeared on his screen. Towering buildings surrounded the main structure, a gigantic arena. Large lights shot from within and the thunderous uproar of the crowd filled the entire town. A ways from the Arena the group arrived in front of the Chaos gate, stretching in front of them was a long black and white glow floor. Blue lights shot from the sides and players, beginners and experts a like flooded into the main structure. It was at that moment Demetri knew just how big “The World” really was.

“Well, I guess you all are wondering what some level one hundred somethins’ are doing in a n00b infested place like this. Well they’re here to give the kids something to look forward to.” Demetri’s gold eyes rolled over to Linux, who had a grin worthy of a trademark on. There minds seemed to have been on the same track, as Linux quickly answered the question he was about to pose.”They should give you some tips, as one of them is an Adept Rouge. Haseo, The Terror of Death.”

Lynn and Demetri both felt a striking pain in the pit of their stomachs at the name, as if a dagger had struck the in the side. As if the name put a spell on them. Linux was level ninety-nine himself, Lynn had challenged him once yet she lost in a flash, most likely because she was only level ten. But Linux, he was no match for someone known as “The Terror of Death”. Demetri knew simply from the name. Terror of Death. Haseo.
The words rang in his head as they walked.

“Xavier....Don’t think just because we’re hanging out in this game we are not best friends. I’m only here to see The Terror of Death.” Demetri didn’t even acknowledge her, knowing that it would aggravate her to no end. Maria, or Lynn as she is called in game, is the popular tom-boy of the school. She loved to play sports with the boys but could also the girl talk with the girls. Maria would get angered easily if she were to be ignored by anyone, which makes her hate Xavier with a passion because of his amazing ability to pay no mind to her. She was also an eccentric hyper girl. Prone to things some call, “Natural Sugar Rush” she bursts into fits of unusual energy. Quick to call others weird, or annoying or any other insult she never realizes her flaws, which one would say is many. But what many do not know about her is that she is truly a softy underneath, one that needs constant support from family and friends, an insecure fourteen year old.

Xavier on the other hand was a fourteen year old whose best from was Nick, the famous Linux The Fear of Man. Xavier was a boy that loved to draw and write, his eye for art landed him a scholarship for some of the top art schools in the U.S., but this brings in one of his biggest flaws. His lack of sight into the future, choosing to not look back or forward he only keeps his eyes on the present. His parents nag him constantly to think about his future but the oblivious Xavier only ignores it. His grades stay in A’s and B’s except for math which isn’t exactly his specialty. Social wise Xavier fit in with the low class, those that are labeled as ‘Nerds, dorks, geeks, losers’, it doesn’t matter though, as long as you like yourself it doesn’t matter. That’s what his parents always said.

“Here we are! The Demon Palace, home to emperor Haseo!” Announced Linux.
“You two find some seats, I’ll handle all of the technical stuff.” He said directing the both to a green warp point, one in the shape of a large orb. Demetri nodded, yet Lynn only rolled her eyes in her trademarked arrogant way.”Okay, see ya there Nick.” Said the Rouge, jogging into the warp point.

Much to his surprise when the loading screen faded away the arena was packed to the brim with players. Chatter filled his ears, and as he and Lynn struggled to find open seats he tripped over players, laughing it off he leaped for the first seat he saw. There were two open seats right there so it was perfect. Lynn game slowly walking up to him, with a deep sigh she sat next to him, leaving the far seat near the steps for Linux. Suddenly the chatter came to an abrupt stop, and the bright lights dimmed, a confused Demetri looked around for his friend but he was not seen. Then out of nowhere the peppy voice of the NPC (non-player-character) announcer came in. “Good evening to one and all! And welcome to a special exhibition match! We’ve got a real treat for all you newbies out there. From our decorated commentator Linux, The Fear of Man...”

Linux? He’s commentating? Why didn’t he say anything? Hmm...

“To our combatants...Haseo the Terror of Death! And...”

Time seemed to stop as Haseo came onto the ring deep in the middle of the arena. The man’s white shaggy hair fell over his blood red eyes, in the back of his hair it was unruly and spiked. Under his eyes were red tattoos similar to his own black lightning shaped tats. He wore a white shirt with black stripes running down them, and armor on his wrists were made of the finest silver, his gloves were a dark black. His legs were covered by white jeans, which were mostly covered by heavy silver leg armor. On his back was an odd looking decoration that shot from his collar, it was a gold color that resembled the sun. There was a moment when Demetri was sure that the two’s gazes had met, yet it was unlikely. Lynn sat looking less than enthused, her negative energy brought a downer on others in the same row, but Demetri was again ignoring her. The Terror of Death. Terror of Death. Haseo.

”And The Propagation, Kuhn!” The Arena, just calming from it’s last burst of excitement again bursted into yet another thunderous uproar. This one was clad in a garb of Yellow and black, and his sky blue hair was tied in long, huge blue pony-tail. His eyes were a beautiful hazel color. The Propagation.

These names...where have I heard them before?

Down below the battle was about to begin, the two exchanged grins with each other before removing their weapons. The man clad in yellow wielded a long gun, rolling clouds of steam flew from the weapon, indicating it’s source of power to be steam. He had read in the manual that the world of The World was powered solely by steam, a feat that would be great if it could be applied in real life.

“So Mr. Linux, who do you think will walk away as the victor? Any ideas?”
“Well,” Linux began to speak in a tone unlike his normal, laid-back, warm tone.”My money is on Haseo for his mastery over what? Four weapons? Yeah. Though Kuhn is powerful he cannot possibly hold his own against the might of this kid, even I can’t beat him.” The announcer nodded in approval, and with that the two fighters charged at each other.

From behind Haseo pulled two guns, each resembling that of two daggers as well. Kuhn smirked as Haseo predictably ran at him with his immense speed. Slowly pointing his gun Kuhn pulled at the trigger, “Long shot!” He yelled, three yellow bullets speed at high speeds for Haseo. As the bullet whizzed towards him with a high whistling noise Haseo’s figure split into four, as the three shots duplicated the trick and split from their straight line. The bullets collided and the three copies fell to the ground fading into a shower of ones and zeros. The Terror of Death smirked, his figure disappeared. Suddenly he came behind Kuhn, jamming the sharp ends of his guns into the player’s back Kuhn doubled over in pain. As the guns in Haseo’s hands faded away giving sight to a sword that was taller and broader than himself he began to bring it down on Kuhn. The blade met with the satisfying sound of a scream. But rather than the sound of Kuhn’s voice being shrieked it was Haseo, who was now on the ground next to a lifeless copy of Kuhn.

“My ability. Can’t believe you forgot already.” A playful smirk played on the face of the two.

“Alright Kuhn. Let’s take it to the next level...”

There was a blinding flash of yellow and red light and then.....

- - -

Chapter Three
The Epitaph...​

As the light subsided two towering figures stood in the arena. The one a bright figure, clad in armor as gold and shining as the sun. It’s torso looked like a four bared cage, and it’s head the shape of a rain drop was white and decorated by three small beady eyes. Shooting from it’s head were two long curved horns, shooting from the left and the right they curved at the tips. It’s broad shoulders were guarded by heavy black and gold shoulder guards. It’s arms were long and thin, the top of it’s arms in a white cylinder shaped chamber. From there they went into a thin black unguarded arm, but at it’s forearms it bursted into a black diamond shape. It’s wrist was circular and decorated in multi colored sequence, rounding of at the ends was a large transparent moon shaped decoration. It’s hands were devilish looking claws.

It’s legs were long and thin, unguarded until it came to it’s legs, which broke into long cone shaped legs, stretching from the ends were sharp golden leg guards. At the very end of it’s legs were two spheres, that were circled by peach transparent circles. Grasped in it’s left hand was a gigantic, intimidating golden, and black scythe. This creature sent chills down Demetri’s spine, bringing images of the fabled Grim Reaper into his mind. But those images soon faded as he laid eyes upon the second figure in the arena.

The figure resembled a long, slithering green and yellow, serpent. Stretching along it’s almost endless body was it’s tail, which had numerous panels colored with various tones of green. The panels on each side were connected by a elegant band that looked as if it were made of serpent skin, with it’s diamond based texture. Near the bottom of it’s torso, at it’s would be waist is a guarded diamond. Guarded by four large green plates it is still left wide open in the middle. Rising from the diamond is a stick thin virtual line that leads to the torso, which is a pale gold color, until you reach the chest with is yet another deep green color. It’s chest is a blinding golden, stretching from the sides are it’s shoulders which were giant spheres, which were a dull grey. Stretching from the spheres were long lanky arms that were wrapped in golden thread looking designs. It’s head was a boney looking long triangle shape that was plain white.

“What?...” Demetri’s voice quivered as he spoke. Lynn looked over to him, her demeanor showing confusion. The boy nearly hopped out of his seat when the serpent let out a loud roar.

“Magus!” A voice boomed.”Skeith!” Boomed another. “What are these things?! Are they a part of the game?” Demetri whispered, but Lynn only rose a brow at him before replying: “What are you talking about?” She spat sharply at him. “Don’t you see it? Those two creatures in the arena!” He exclaimed, pointing at both creatures, then looking back at the black and white haired girl. She shrugged and shook her head,”Maybe your game is malfunctioning. The only thing I see is the two players at a face off.” Her voice was in a mildly ticked off point, showing just how annoyed she can get.

“Excuse me- Is this seat open?” A soft, beautiful voice asked. And standing there, looking down at them was a young blonde woman. She was wearing a small green dress, short white wings were stretching from her back, long white stocking-boots covered the whole of her legs, her eyes were a golden color similar to Demetri’s, and resting atop her head was a large white hat that had a green tassel falling from it’s side. Her skin is a sun-kissed peach color. For a moment Demetri only looked at the girl as if he were dumbfounded by her striking appearance, but Lynn quickly took over the conversation and invited the girl to take her seat, moving down to the one at the edge by the staircase.”Thank you,” She spoke in a voice coming out in a whisper.”My name is Atoli by the way.”

“Lynn.” The green vested tom-boy spoke, an icy glare being shot towards her ‘friend’.

Demetri’s screen began to crackle and the colors began to invert, suddenly the screen went into a garbled, fuzzy state as the golden warrior brought it’s scythe down on the serpent.

“What’s going on...” He whispered, though in an almost impossible to hear tone Atoli’s attention was brought upon him. Can he see them? She thought, and as of now her attention was completely on the boy. As Demetri struggled to look on the battle was drawing to a close as the scythe weider continued to destroy the serpent with the greatest of ease.

“I guess I about have this battle won...” Spoke a confident Haseo from inside the creature.”Skeith, let’s end it.” The beast nodded in approval as the scythe in it’s hands disappeared. But just as he let down his guard the serpent woke from it’s staggered position and dashed for Skeith, defenseless Skeith was caught in the grasp of the serpent-like Magus.

“My Magus isn’t out yet!” He yelled. It was now apparent that the two fighters were somehow connected with the beasts, maybe they were some kind of special item they obtained?

“Can...you see them?” Atoli solemnly spoke, her voice derived of any and all confidence. As there was no response Atoli again spoke, this time her voice more assertive and high enough for Lynn to hear. Looking up Demetri looked on, surprised on her question.”What are they?” His eyes looked on as if he could see into her character, looking directly at the player behind the computer. The question was only answered by a look of seriousness on her face, and a slight laugh.”I’m not going to pretend that I know what they really are...
But they are impressive aren’t they?” She said, as if nothing at all were going on, it was at this point one could realize how optimistic she really was.

“What do you me can I see them?” He asked her.

“Not every-“ The crowd suddenly bursted into a wave of thunderous applause, when he looked down Demetri saw nothing but the two fighters standing in front of one another battered and exhausted. As the tension grew thin the crowd fell to a stand still, just as everyone thought the two would pounce on one another again they both fell back, ending in a draw. “Now what?” Lynn said, sounding somewhat disappointed in the outcome, as was the majority of the crowd, wanting to see a definite winner they logged out of the game dismayed. And slowly just as soon as it filled up the arena was empty and barren. Rising from his seat Demetri stretched, looking around he saw no sign of the Atoli girl he had talked to earlier.”What were those creatures....so bizarre.” Shrugging the thought off he looked at Lynn he was already on her way to the green warp-point that brought them here.

“Come on Xavier, Linux should be out there waiting.” She spoke sharply at him before her character disappeared, leaving a confused Demetri alone in an empty arena. “So this is The World I been hearin’ so much bout’?,” He chuckled.”Pretty deep. But those things...what were they? That Atoli girl seemed to know something about them...”

‘Can you see them?’
The Terror of Death
The Propagation.

“No use in standin’ here.”

* * *​

“So how did you all enjoy it? Great right? I knew you’d like it!” Exclaimed Linux in his usual boisterous tone. But as he looked at the faces of the two they were less than enthused, well at least Demetri was, Lynn was scowling as usual. The heavy framed, red gorilla rose one of his bushy brows and flashed a yellow fang at him before posing the question of: “You alright?”

“Hey, Nick. Did you happen to see any weird transformations in the characters that were fighting?” Linux paused for a moment, his large eyes going from Lynn, to Demetri, then back between the two.”No, not in particular. Why?” Looking disappointed Demetri shrugged the thought off, scratching his right arm, forming a tiny slit in his dark skin. He didn’t see it either. “What about you Maria? Anything?” The girl shook her head.

“I gotta go. Dinner time.” And just like that she logged out, her character disappearing in a spiral of white light. Linux put on a sophisticated look.

“I gots to go myself. Commentating a match wears you out. But how about tomorrow after school we go on a adventure in the field, maybe Maria can come too.” Demetri nodded as Linux logged out as well, following the other’s lead he silently logged out of the game. His screen fading into the log in screen of the game. Keying down to the words quit his desktop immediately loaded up. A scene from his favorite show Family Guy was his image, and he couldn’t help but laugh when he set eyes on the stout man on his desktop. Suddenly there was a soft ping sound, and the words ‘new e-mail’ appeared on screen. Wondering who sent it Xavier opened up his mail-box. Bright yellow letters that red new were beside a message that read ‘Birth’. His eyes drifted over to the sender’s name. Which read Yata.

“Who is Yata?” Thinking it was junk-mail he closed the box, but seconds later he opened up his mail box again, the letter staring into his soul (or so he thought).”Can’t open. Shouldn’t open. Nothing but junk-mail, spam. Worthless,” Letting out a sigh he slumped into his chair taking off his headset.
“I gotta open it!” Dragging the cursor of his mouse over the e-mail he clicked the mail opening it up. Xavier’s eyes frantically skimmed through the e-mail, as he made it to the bottom he realized it was in some sort of poem. As he began to read it out load the words seemed to flow off the page, as if he knew it by heart...

Yet to return, the shadowed one.
Who quests for the Twilight Dragon
Rumbles the Dark Hearth,
And Helba, Queen of the Dark,
has finally raised her army.
Aperion, King of Light beckons.
At the base of the rainbow they meet
Against the abominable Wave,
together they fight.
Alba's lake boils.
Light's great tree doth fall.
Power- now all to droplets turned
in the temple of Arche Koeln.
Returns to nothing,
this world of shadowless ones.
Never to return, the shadowed one,
Who quests for the Twilight Dragon.
Riding the Wave is
Skeith, the Shadow of Death, to drown all that stands.
Mirage of Deceit, Innis, Betray all with the flawed image, and did aid the Wave.
And by the Power of Magus, a drop from the Wave doth reach the heavens, and creates a new Wave.
With the Wave, Fidchell, the power to tell the dark future, hope darkens, sadness and despair rule.
Gorre schemes when swallowed by the Cursed Wave.
Macha seduces with the sweet trap.
Wave reaches the Pinnacle, and escape none can. Tarvos still remains with more cruelty to punish and destroy.
And with the turbulent destruction after the Wave. Only a void remains. From deep within the void arrives Corbenik.​

Scribbles

The Based Battletoad.
Website
spacejoyridin.tumblr.com
Verse One
First Log-in

(Verses are short mini chapters that come up after a major event or something happens, it's told in the view of a particular character.)

After that day I began to repeat the poem that was sent to me again and again. The images I saw in the arena played over and over again, was I the only one that could see them? Nick and Maria couldn’t, maybe it was just a glitch on my screen? Something told me it was more than that. So that next day I decided to call my friend Nick over, he looked over the mysterious e-mail, and I told him exactly what I saw in the arena. Nick was an eighteen year old that had been obsessed with ‘The World’ since it was back in it’s first version. To my luck that payed off, and he told me of a thing called ‘The Twilight Incident’, a catastrophe that brought a number of people that played the game in a coma. The Twilight Incident also brought the rise of a new hero by the name of Kite to fame, Nick says that he had met Kite once but I don’t believe him. At the end of the story he says that Kite disappeared after The World R:2 was made, I figured he probably just lost interest in the game- it happens. Nick began to read over the poem that I received, and he seemed shocked, he whispered the words “The Epitaph”, before turning around to me with a shocked expression on. “This is deep.” Nick said again, at this point I was thinking that he went officially crazy because the once horrified looking boy was now laughing. He picked up his jacket and walked out of the room saying, “Meet me in The World. It’s time for your first adventure.”. And after all this I still have a confused head, just what is up with this game? I should have just bought the box set of Family Guy instead of this game, it would have been so much easier. But then again, who can turn down a good mystery?

Chapter four
System Error​

Demetri appeared in the dark dome. Underneath him he could hear the sounds of rushing currents. The room was empty. Walking up to a large double door that stretched to the ceiling. His heavy boots sent a quiver through out the dome. Mustering all his strength he pushed the doors open, blinding amber sunlight pouring into the dome and whiting out his computer screen. Suddenly stretching out in front of him was the town bathed in golden sunlight he saw before. The dazzling sun peaked over the large intimidating buildings. Under his feet was a long, white bricked bridge, that stretched from the dome to the city. In fact, he realized the entire city was created with sandy white brick. Towering from buildings were rolling clouds of white steam. Upon seeing this he remembered something about the technology in the game being steam based. As he began a walk down the congested bridge he overheard many conversations, people talking about items they found, people exchanging e-mail accounts, and other things that he had rather not heard of. He swam his way through the crowd, remembering not to forget his internet manners.

“Okay, can you please move! Just get out the freakin’ way!” He yelled, nearly leaping over a short beast character. Finally he made his way to a wide plaza, dead in the center was a memorial fountain a large monolith shot from the middle of the large flower shaped fountain. Waters as amber as the sky flowed from a pedestal under the monolith, and sparkled brilliantly.
Demetri let out a whistle of sheer amazement before strolling along. He had some time until Nick got on, so he wanted to explore the city a bit. As he walked around a voice called out to him.

“Hey! You! Yeah. The n00b.” Against all better judgement he turned about face, golden eyes staring on at the man behind him, not enthused. What? Does everyone at my school play this game?

“James Ryan. Who would have thought you of all people play a online game. Heh, wimp.” Demetri joked, beginning to walk away.

James’ character was a tall wide framed male, his muscles bulged under the thin black tee shirt. His legs were covered by baggy black pants. His pupils were a blood red color, his hair was a dark as night black. He almost had the presence of a vampire with his pale white skin.

“Xavier Wallace, now I have a certified reason to player-kill you.” With a bright green flash of light James pulled from behind him a giant blade. The weapon was gigantic, even taller and wider than the hulking James, it was a wonder how his character could wield such a blade.”You just crossed into a beat down, loser.” He slammed the blade down with such force it generated a large wind, pushing near by players to the ground.

Demetri turned, a smirk playing on his face. [/i]I try and act calm and cool, but in reality my controller is soaked with sweat... I’ll just have to stand and fight.
Oh man.[/i] A blinding flash of light emitted from Xavier’s character, and Demetri for the first time revealed his weapon. When the light subsided his character’s bare hands were now covered with two black gauntlets, at the knuckles of the gauntlets were silver spikes. Okay gotta remember. Speed is key.
James let out a cocky chuckle when Demetri went into a fighting stance.

“You gonna need a miracle Wallace,” He grinned, showing all his yellow teeth.”As a show of pity I’ll let you have the first strike.” A crowd began to form around them as the battle started, Looking around Demetri could see that Lynn was among the crowd, probably waiting to see him get pulverized.
Xavier took a deep breath before slamming forward on his controller, Demetri leaped forward at James, his fists slamming into his jaw. The crowd gasped as James was sent flying into a shop, fruit and wood flew everywhere when James hit the stand.

“Man I’m good.” Demetri kissed his gauntlets, but the proud moment was cut short when James’ blade began to rattle on it’s own. “What the-“ Before he could finish the wind was knocked straight from him as the flat side of James’ blade plowed into his chest. The blade continued to pummel the now unconscious Demetri.

“Phew. Tough for a newbie...that’s enough sword.”
The blade fell lifeless onto the ground, suddenly it flew back like a helpless puppy to James. He smirked, walking over to Demetri.”Wallace, you got a long way to get to my level.”

Come on. Can’t give up here, I’ll never hear the end of it. Get up. Get up.
Get up.

James brought his blade down on him, the jet black metal glistening of the sunlight.. The blade was inches away from his body when an invisible force knocked it away.”No freakin’ way!” James yelled, watching in awe as his blade flew in the air, landing on a member in the crowd. Demetri hopped up onto his feet, the fight surging back through him.
“King’s hammer!” He swung his leg along the ground knocking James of his feet, he then leaped into the air. A shaken James had no time to react as a face full of spiky steal greeted his pale face.”No way!” James’ screen flashed red, and it now read ‘game over’. He had won, and as a reward his character had increased from level one to level five. Still a low level, but it was better than one.”Do I rock or what?” The crowd bursted into a peal of applause, the picture of the arena replayed in his mind at this moment. He felt a surge of excitement when he saw Lynn’s surprised face, that was the best part of it all.”Whose ya man? That’s right me-“ From as if nowhere a steady beam of light shot his character, the screen was filled with a blinding white light, and his screen read ‘System Error’. At that point Xavier seemed to black out as well, everything was a blur.

“Get up.” An emotionless voice yelled. “I said get up!”

“Oh don’t be so mean Arko. Hey, Xavier, wake up!” A kinder and warmer voice spoke softly. At the sound of the voice Xavier awoke, but something was wrong. When he awoke he was no longer in his room, but some place completely white, motionless. Empty except for three figures. Xavier rose from his knocked out position on the ground, he then noticed himself in Demetri’s clothing. What? This must be a dream. Yeah that’s it. I’ve been playing too long. The ears atop Xavier’s head twitched in confusion.

“See you just have to be nice with them! Hi Xavier! I’m Jayx, and this is Arko,” A girl waved excitedly to Xavier then pointed at the tall man standing next to her.”We’re, well you could say hackers.” The girl was a beast player, a cat type that wasn’t exactly short yet wasn’t taller than the other two males. Her fur was a light brown, and the hair atop her head was a snowy white. She wore a tiny black top that resembled a japanese kimono with white wrap around the middle. Her lower body was covered in yellow cloth wrap and somewhat baggy cargo pants. Her black boots had fur shooting from the top and bells tied on the ankles. Her brown tail was dipped at the end in a black color, wrapped around the end was a silver cat bell. Her eyes were a hazel color, a white scar crossing from the top of her left eye.

“Weird dream. Been playin’ this game too long.”

“You are not dreaming. Xavier Wallace you are inside The World.” The male who had been identified as Arko spoke. Arko was completely clad in a sky blue color, his color scheme made him stand out upon the rest of the world making him seem almost pasted on into a scene. He wore a slightly large, classy shirt that buttoned down in the middle. Over the long sleeved shirt he had a modern styled vest. His trousers were baggy, his long boots pushing them up. His skin was a pale white color and his hair was the same snowy white as Jayx’s. Coming from the side of his head were two black horns.
“We pulled you inside-“
”You what?!”
“Our boss, it was her direct orders. We used a forbidden skill to pull you in- Just like us.” Arko spoke, cerulean eyes burning into Xavier’s gold.
“What’s your freakin’ problem?! You pull a fourteen year-old into a video game? I’m not even good at it!” Xavier spat, walking up on Arko, eyes shooting daggers at him.

“But you saw an Avatar. Those two beasts in the arena? You saw them right?
Only...only a select eight can see them. Arko and I can’t even see them without hacking.” Jayx said, her eyes looking down at the white floor. Xavier gulped, the vision of the two monsters in the arena was burned into his mind.
“How could I forget? I asked my friend Linux...be he didn’t even see em’...”
He whispered, an eerie silence fell in the white room.”So. Why, why can I see em’? A newbie that just started playing yesterday? Eh?” Arko and Jayx looked at each other, exchanging bleak glances at
one another.

“We...got no clue.” Whispered the girl, turning around staring into nothingness. It was then he saw that she had a white tattoo running down her back.”Oh great. Thanks again for bringing me into something I wanted nothing to do with!” He spat at them. This was completely out of Xavier’s character, he hated yelling at people, and hated being mean to them.”I’m sorry. I just-“
A loud ping broke his sentence, followed by a blinding light. Shots of white light emitted one after another. Xavier squinted his eyes tight until the became nothing but small slits on his ebony face. And then, the light stopped. Standing in front of them was a surprisingly tall woman clad in somewhat revealing (at least in the torso) robes. Atop her head was a tall white priests’ hat, flowing from the hat was golden locks of blond hair. Covering her eyes was a red visor. Her skin was a radiant peach.

“You two have done better than I expected. You performed the task I wished perfectly.” She spoke, walking up to Xavier.
Whoa! Who is this lady?

“This is our boss. The great hacker Helba!” Jayx spoke cheerily, introducing the woman.”Thank you dear. Now could you two leave us alone for a moment. I have much to talk with Xavier about. Arko and Jayx nodded, Arko disappeared in a surrounding white light, but Jayx stayed for a moment.

“Xavier! Bring me into your party sometime, seeing how you’re not gonna be able to log out for awhile we can party or something!” She said laughing and teleporting off.

“Helba was it? How do you all know my name? And who exactly are you?”
The mysterious woman laughed at the boys question.”Dear Xavier, I know quite a lot about you. And that friend Nick of yours,” Xavier continued to listen, each word spoken by this woman felt shaky in him, wondering what was truly behind these words.”You are a very special player you know that?”

She stretched her hand out, gently stroking Xavier’s face. Who is she? I’m not liking this at all. “Why...why can I see those monsters that no one else can? W-why?” He gulped stepping back from her. Helba shook her head in dismay before laughing once again.”One must first know their past.” From behind herself she revealed a long staff. Floating white rings circled around it. She slammed the tip of her staff into Xavier’s stomach knocking all the air from his lungs out of him.

“I just want to help Orca. I have a feeling that the key is somewhere within the world...”
“The World and all it’s wonders; This is my world you see?”

“The World doesn’t need an Ending!”

“Take back the bracelet. The treasure desired by all.”

“The Dot Hackers, The only players to clear the final mysteries of The World. They became so famous that they became part of the very mythology of the world.”

"There's only one thing real about this world and that's us! The players! Getting stronger and defeating others! That's the way this game is played!"

“Welcome...To...The World.”

“Wha...” Xavier found himself lying on the ground in front of a ruined city. The sky above him was overcast and gloomy. The sound of many players conversing filled his ears. Blinking his eyes twice to awaken he sighed.

“I guess I really am stuck in this game.
Heh. Wait, what happened to my body in real life?” He shuddered at the thought. He jumped up, taking in his surroundings a bit his tall wolf ears twitched. "Gee thanks Helba. Give me a staff induced hangover and throw me in some level I have no idea of how to get out of. Last time I play an online game. Wait...she never did give me any answers!”

One must first know their past my arse! Cryptic lady knows nothin’!
He thought fiercely before breaking out in a run along the bizarre area.

Looks of disgust were thrown at him by two female players, and two males actually yelled at him to leave.”Gee. I would leave if I knew where I was...”
And then a voice pealed through out all of the area.

“Citizens of Net Slum! Welcome to paradise! I welcome all hackers to our slice of heaven!”
Xavier’s mouth dropped.”That’s Helba! This time she’s gonna give me some answers!”

“Oh Xavier!” A familiar voice spoke from behind him, It was Jayx. When he turned to wave at her he saw that Arko was with her as well.

“Hey you two. Sorry I gotta go find Helba, I want some answers.” He said, turning around to jet off after Helba’s voice. As Xavier was ready to burst into a sonic boom of speed after Helba Arko grabbed hold of his collar, nearly pulling the both of them to the stone ground.

“It’s a recording idiot. It plays every hour. This is her greatest creation, the haven for all hackers Net Slum.”

“Yup-yup! Just about the only place in all of The World off-limits to the system staff,” Jayx smiled sweetly.”Come on! Lemme show you around!” She grabbed Xavier’s hand running off in any direction, Arko trailed behind struggling to keep up with her.

“Women...” He whispered.

------------------

Chapter five
Any teacher that would have me as a student​

“Okay. Okay! I think I’ve seen enough of hacker haven. I mean, if you’ve heard one nerd talk about ‘this sweet hack I did’ you’ve heard em’ all.”

He forcefully yanked himself away from the girl’s grip.”Yeah. I’m done. Gate me out now please. You can bring me back to my body now.” He said sharply, the entire thing was getting on his nerves. It was interesting at first but no amount of fun is worth being trapped in a video game.

“That wouldn’t be a problem if...we could.” Jayx whispered rubbing her arm up and down, making the fur brush on end.

“Helba is the only one that can do that. And too bad for you- she definitely isn’t gonna help you, unless you do what she wants.” Arko snickered, as if he loved scorning others.

“Okay...what does she want? You all must know.” Xavier interrogated, golden eyes lit with curiosity. The two hackers exchanged unsure glances before one finally spoke up.”Find a teacher, unlock your powers.” Arko spoke grimly, with a sigh he leaned on a wall.

“And unfortunate for us. We can’t get out until we help you achieve whatever she wants you to do, and I’m stuck regretting all this and wondering why I didn’t listen to my mother and go to college. Ain’t life grand?” He rambled, shooting an icy blue glare at Xavier, as if this was all his fault.

“You’re a bitter guy aren’t ya? Well I guess we better find me a teacher eh?” Xavier threw his fist in the air, running off into the truly unknown, but as he ran down an alley way the question was posed: How do I get out of here? And whose going to teach me?

[align=center]* * *[/align]

“Alright! I got an idea. Our boss knows that Raven guild master Yata right? Why don’t we ask him?” Jayx looked at Arko, who shrugged.

“Yata...he important?” Xavier asked, intrigued by the name, Yata was the one who sent him the e-mail containing the poem from before.

“Important? Try huge. He’s leader of G.U.” Arko spat, angered by Xavier’s ignorant question.”What the heck is G.U.? Some club I bet.” Xavier asked raising one brow. “I’m tired of explaining, I’ll send you an e-mail about it later.
Anyways I haven’t hear news of Yata in a while. So...that’s not gonna work.” Arko dismissed the suggestion, rolling his eyes and crossing his arms he let out a sigh indicating agitation.”Well then, I guess we should keep lookin’. I don’t think a teacher is going to fall right from the sky.” Xavier stated, walking forward with the two Jayx and Arko fallowing behind.

“Beat it pervert!” From a dark alley came flying the long blue haired man.
Appearing as nothing but a streak of blue and yellow he flew straight into Xavier, the two then snowballed into a stack of crates. Lying there Xavier could have sworn he saw stars dancing upon his head.

“Hey...you alright? Kid get up!” A warm, friendly voice called out. Next thing Xavier new he was being helped up by a blue haired man.”Ah good. Thought I Pked ya or something. Man whoever thought a woman would have such a good left hook eh?” He joked, scratching the back of his head.

Xavier seemed to just stare on at Kuhn, as if he were addlebrained.”You’re the guy...from the arena! The one with the serpent beast! You can teach me!”
He yelled, tackling the blue haired male to the ground. Jayx giggled, eyes glistening joyfully.

“Haha! I guess he was wrong about a trainer falling out the sky.” She smiled, looking over at Arko. Even his loathsome expression seemed to lighten up.
“Kuhn.” He said, placing his palm on his forehead, shaking it in disapproval.

“Wha...teach you? What are you talking about?” Kuhn asked, eye twitching from the sudden experience. Did he say he noticed my Magus? Is he an Epitaph? He thought to himself, the question burning in the back of his mind.

“Kuhn, I’ll explain things to you,” Arko said, pointing to a seating area.”Jayx, I’ll contact you after things are cleared up...” She nodded, turning back to Xavier who was seated comfortably on the ground.

“Arko. Good to see you again, been awhile since the days in Kestral eh?”
Kuhn chatted, hazel eyes lit ablaze.

“Kestral’s been changing since their leader Gabi left. I haven’t even visited their HQ in months,” Arko said dryly, letting out a deep sigh.”But we got bigger things at hand. Xavier, you notice anything ‘bout him?”

“The kid? Well yeah. He said he saw my avatar, Magus. That alone is fishy. But what really worries me is how? I mean, it’s not like there was another Avatar left. All were given to the chosen eight...besides...Yata would have told us if there was another out there.” Kuhn folded his arms, the long pony tail of blue hair dancing in the wind behind him.

“Exactly...but remember the Twilight Incident?” Arko asked.

“Who doesn’t? It changed the world as we know it. But what does that have to do with this?” Kuhn spoke, his voice trailing off into memory lane.

“ Remember how the hero Kite wielded an item called ‘The Bracelet’? Well there was a downside to it’s use, yes it granted him the ability to hack the game and rewrite enemy data...” His voice deadened.”The more he used it the more the beast inside of it, Cubia, grew stronger. And Kite battled against Cubia, but was outmatched, for Cubia would not die, it would just revive again and again- Until Kite destroyed The Bracelet.” Arko’s eyes shot dead into Kuhn’s.

The wind was at a standstill, the amber sun was high in the sky.”And you believe that there can also be a side effect to the Avatar program...and Xavier could be it.” Arko nodded, the two stood there at a dead silence for a moment.”My boss, she wants Xavier to learn how to use his powers. And to do that he needs a teacher-“

”But if what you just told me is true. This kid could destroy The World. We shouldn’t be teaching him how to use these powers, we should be sealing them from him!” Kuhn snapped at Arko.

“You don’t understand! Jayx, Xavier, and myself are stuck in this game as pawns in this woman’s sick game. He has to unlock his powers so we can get out of here!” Kuhn shook his head.

“I didn’t know...look. I’ll help, I’ll train the kid. But I have to know more about this person your working for- how does she know so much about all this.”
“Yeah.”

“Okay Xavier! I’ve agreed to be your teacher!”

“Alright! So what am I gonna learn first? Oh! Can you teach me how to bring out one of those monsters? Yeah! Then I can whip some serious behind.” Kuhn laughed, placing his hand on Xavier’s head.”There’s a lot you have to learn.”

As the two walked off Jayx looked over at Arko.”I’m guessing you told Kuhn right?” He nodded.”Helba’s not going to be happy about that....But I guess he was gonna learn sooner or later. Hey, come on, I think we can still catch a fight at the arena!” She smiled beginning to run off.

“Jayx- We’ve been stuck in this game for a week now. You’re a fourteen year old girl, your missing out on so much right now. And me, I mean I have a family, and a job. I hate to think of what it’s like for my wife now, my daughter’s birthday is coming up. It’s her tenth birthday. And she was looking forward to spending it with her dad- do you know how it feels, to know that you might very well not see your daughter’s smiling face again? To not be able to kiss the one you love most dearly again?” Arko’s voice trembled, his diamond eyes began to flicker.

“Arko- I’m sorry. I didn’t know...”
“It’s alright...come on. Let’s check out a show.”
---
((Okay, tons of dialoge. Came out shorter than I expected but it is a turning point in the story.))

-------------------------------

Chapter Six
Awakening​

Lynn walked the empty streets under the bathe of the twilight. Her mind was cluttered and she needed the air it out. At school her mind was always preoccupied, her mind drifted from her studies and her game was down when she would play in a game. Brushing locks of black hair from the grey eyes she took a turn into a ocean front alley. A lone boat rocked on the waters there. Leaning up against a wall she took in a breath.

“These streets always clear my mind...” She whispered, a small smile playing on her face. In the corner of her eyes she could see rays of radiant light glowing from behind a crate, pushing the box out of the way her eyes lie upon a small round orb. The light was almost blinding. “Is something...inside it?” From inside she could hear a steady bump. Bump, Ba bump, bump, Ba bump. Suddenly a single crack shot down the orb, the radiant light left the orb turning it into a lifeless grey shell. As the crack split the shell in half a small white figure flew from out of it, into the sky. Up there it bursted into three different colored transparent orbs. One red, one blue, and the last green.
The three orbs flew into different directions, leaving a faint streak of light in their wake.

“What was that?” She whispered, in reality her hands were shaking almost knocking her controller from her hand.

“Aura!” An excited voice answered.
And there he was, Linux, standing in all his pudgy gorilla character glory. Not this weirdo, he’s been acting strange lately...
“Aura? That’s what it’s called? Is it some rare event item? Does it unlock a special weapon if I collect all those orbs? Oh I get it, you want the fame and the prize for yourself! Not gonna happen ape!” She pointed a short sharp blade at Linux. The gorilla couldn’t help but chuckle at her foolishness.

“Ignorance is bliss I suppose.” He grinned.

“You got some nerve!” She was ready to pounce on Linux, but just then he began talking.

“Aura, she is the Ultimate A.I., started by
the man who created the first form of The World- Harald Hoerwick. Oh, of course you know A.I. refers to artificial
intelligence, if you didn’t know.” He paused, waiting for a smart comment from Maria, surprisingly she didn’t say a word, instead her character Lynn only stood there, looking deeply interested. Surprisingly listening to every word Nick spoke.”Harald was in love with a woman named Emma Wielant, creator of the infamous ‘Epitaph of Twilight’. And when she died in a tragic car accident Harald became deeply devoted to the development of what he sought to be ‘The Ultimate A.I.’ And so she was named Aura, a learning, growing A.I.
Harald thought of her as his and Emma’s would-be daughter. But there was only so much he alone could teach her, and so he started development of a game named Fragment...”

* * *​

“Look sharp!”

“King’s hammer!”

A monster fell hard into the ground, letting out a muffled roar.”Phew...” Xavier fell back onto a rock, sweat rolling down his forehead. His chest felt tight and his limbs felt as if they were tied to ten ton weights. Looking up behind long dread locks he turned to Kuhn.”That’s level twenty six. Can I please take a break now? PRETTY PLEASE?!” He wrapped his arms around the blue haired man’s legs, begging him for a rest.

“Yeah, sure. You deserve it. Still though- it’s a wonder your avatar hasn’t awakened yet. Reminds me of Haseo.” Kuhn chuckled a bit, taking a seat on the cool grass.

“Terror of Death right?” Xavier’s ears perked up.

“Yup. Famous Terror of Death owes a lot to the little man.” Kuhn smiled, turning forward he saw rolling grasses and crystal clear waters. The yellow sun was high in the sky beating down upon them. Suddenly a black figure was seen in the distance.

“Break’s over! Comin’ straight at us- It’s a doppelganger!” Kuhn yelled, reaching for his steam gun on the ground. Xavier jumped up, strapping on his gauntlets.

“I read about this thing on the message boards! He’s supposed to be ten levels more than his opponent!” Xavier’s voice trembled, shivers went down his spine. There was no time for talk, because out of seemingly nowhere the smoky figure appeared in front of the two, it was a pitch black form of Xavier.
Tiny beady yellow eyes pierced into Xavier’s, paralyzing him with fear. The doppleganger pulled two short and sharp blades from behind him, and began swinging on Xavier. He blocked the first slash, dodged the second, but the third cut deeply into his chest. Crimson bloods dripped from Xavier’s chest. Seeing this as a chance the clone smirked, cutting another slice into his chest. Xavier wavered, feeling the fight drain from him. He threw a sloppy punch, hitting nothing but air. He launched a kick, but doppelganger blocked it. He snapped a punch, but his fist was caught. The doppelganger bent back his wrist, and Xavier could feel the strain on it, hearing a bone crack he let out a distressed holler.

“Duck!” Kuhn screamed.
“Plectra Bullet!” The gun let out a high pitched whistle, and with a puff of steam it fired off lightening quick bullets, cutting right through doppelganger’s head. It bursted into a cloud of black smoke, leaving behind a lone black treasure chest. Xavier fell to the ground, wrapping his right hand around the injured left wrist.”The pain is real...” He whispered, rising back to his feet. With a flash of light Kuhn dispatched his weapon and wiped the sweat away that formed on his forehead. “Thanks Kuhn...” Xavier smiled, trying to not think about the pain in his wrist.”No prob. Now go open that treasure chest. It’s your reward.” Kuhn grinned. Justice all around. Heh, I’m such a nice guy. Kuhn thought to himself.

“Really? T-thanks man.” As he lifted the top of the chest open he felt a surge of pain burst through his left arm, the wrist was getting worse.
“It’s...”

* * *​

“Fragment was designed as a way to further teach Aura, but it was undercover as a simple online game. By the large amount of humans in the game Aura could gain knowledge of the human nature, allowing her to further advance into The Ultimate AI.” The red ape leaned on a wall, looking calmly at Lynn.

“How do you know this?” Maria questioned. Her voice was a mixture of
confusion, curiosity and paranoia. Linux went into boisterous laughter.”I know somebody. Now where was I? Ah, yes. The fall of Fragment,” Nick cleared his throat before going on.”To uphold Fragment and watch over Aura Harald created yet another AI, this one was by no means as powerful as even the infant Aura. But she was needed, to oversee the birth of Aura, Morganna Mode Gone he named her. For awhile all went without problems, although Aura was still in an inactive state she was learning- But then Morganna began to realize what would happen if Aura did in fact become The Ultimate AI. She would have no purpose, obsolete. From then on she put every ounce of her being to stop Aura’s growth. This led to the demise of Fragment. But soon after a new game was created- named The World. Harald was passed on by the time this game was created, and the new creators had no idea of his project of The Ultimate AI. Harald kept the secret project in a black box folder, CC Corp the group he took on the project of The World knew about the existence of the black box but oddly enough could not detect what it held, nor were they able to delete it. And thus through years of help from various heroes Aura was able to overcome Morganna and become The Ultimate AI. But then she vanished without a trace. But you Maria, have found her!” Nick’s voice had a dark tone about them, sending a shock of pain down her spine.

“Seems farfetched to me. Why would Aura appear in a lowly alley of a Root Town?”

* * *​

“Two days and I’ve managed to hit level twenty six.” Xavier whispered. He walked the silent streets of the Mac Anu. Each step he took the chains on his shorts rattled. The streets quivered. The servers were empty today, something that hardly ever happens. It was Thanksgiving, a holiday he loved celebrating with his family. I wonder how they’re doing. His normal excited behavior was a distant dream now, he felt saddened today, after the battle earlier his wrist had been killing him. In his hands he fiddled with a golden key, engraved into it was the phrase: Own King. It was the item inside the chest, neither him nor Kuhn knew what it was. So as if now it was just a useless item. Xavier sighed.
“Guess I should find somewhere to rest.” A tired Xavier let out a loud yawn.

Xavier spread himself across an empty table, beginning to drift off to sleep.

“So where are you taking me?” A familiar voice asked.

“Delta server, Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground,” An even more familiar voice replied. Xavier looked around, golden eyes shining.”H-hey...that’s...Maria and Nick!”
The two players passed by without seeing him, on their way to the dome. A wide grin swept across Xavier’s face, showing glistening rows of ivory from ear to ear.”Guys! Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground...time to go meet some buddies...well...buddy...not...Maria...yeah.”
He leaped from the table, ears perked and eyes fueled with a new resolve, he jogged after the two.

* * *​

A lone cathedral and bridge lie in the middle of a deep canyon. Waters poured deep into the canyon, yet the water was so low one would expect the waters fell into an endless pit. The skies were a glowing amber, floating throughout the sky were small white sprites dancing around looking like fireflies. If you stood on the bridge you could hear the low echo of a church hymn. The sound soothed him and scared him. The sound of hymns such as this one always made him feel uneasy. His family use to live by a church that played hymn’s like this one every morning, his mother told him that they were sung in German.

“This is a...different area.” He scratched the back of his head and began a walk down the bridge, the towering structure of the church and the growing hymn nearly brought him into a state of paralysis.
The floors were a crystal clear mosaic tile. The perfect reflection of the two figures bounced from the floor onto the golden bells hanging from above. Brown seats lined the sides of the church, and the walls were made of a light grey brick. A metal fence blocked off the half of the church, there lied a vacant pedestal. Scattered among the ground and hanging from the ceiling were eight loose chains. Dangling without a cause.

“Okay. So...what’s here? Were wasting time Nick.” She nagged, turning an icy glare at him. Linux shook his head a let out a depressed sigh.

“Not here yet. Pity. I’m getting ahead of myself.” Lynn rose a confused brow.”What are you babbling about now? You know, you’ve really been acting weird lately!” Linux smiled.”Hey- Look whose here! Good ol’ X!”
The cathedral doors, Xavier’s reflection stretched down the entire row of seats. A toothy grin played upon his face as he let out a cheerful greeting.

“What’s shakin’?” Maria was shocked, her character’s eyes were wide and her pupils were nothing but tiny grey dots.”Xavier? You...you were in a coma-
Their holding you In the hospital right now- But your...” Her voice came out so low, it was almost lost under the hymn. Linux looked on, a stern expression on his face. Xavier’s eyes were the same as Lynn’s, shocked he staggered backwards. He felt a pulse deep within his body. The hymn grew louder and louder, he fell to his knees, doubled over onto the ground.

“Xavier...they think you’re dying...” Her words were full of a heavy sorrow, something one would rarely hear from one of her character. The words struck a deep cord in his body. For a moment he just lied there, in complete silence, Lynn and Linux standing above him. The hymn worming it’s way into his ear once again. The pulse growing bigger in his stomach.

“I wanna go home, I wanna go home, I wanna go home, I wanna go home,
I wanna go home, I wanna go home,” He repeated again and again like a broken record, he pounded on the ground, leaving a tiny dent in the data.
“Xavier...” Maria whispered, putting a hand on his shoulder.
“Leave the baby. Let him cry there- like a weakling. Loser...”

n00b...
We are not friends.
You’re a loser.
I wanna go home. You’re trapped in this game
The Dot Hackers
Helba wants you...
This is my world don’t you see?

I wanna go home...
Welcome to The World
I just want to help Orca.
I
wanna go home...

Let him cry there...
Loser...

“I WANNA GO HOME!” There was soft ping, and the pulse in his stomach grew uncontrollable, the pain in his wrist shot throughout his body, the hymn blazed in his ears. Linux laughed at the top of his lungs, and the look of the devil himself was upon him.

“It’s here! The Hidden One! Yes Xavier, un-tap your power, utilize it to your full potential!” Linux leaped back to the pedestal, he threw his arms in the air laughing like a madman. "What’s happening?!" Maria distressed, inching away from Xavier, her back against the cold stone of the door. The two player’s screens crackled, and the colors of the game warped. Strange transparent black markings appeared on Xavier. An earsplitting scream made the game come to a complete stop.

“CUBIA!” When Maria and Linux’s games resumed towering above them was a gigantic beast. It was unreal, nothing like it was ever said to be in The World.
Xavier was gone. And so was the cathedral, they stood in a smoldering pile of ash, it had destroyed the entire thing. Entire game data could be seen flying into the air. While Maria was scared out of her mind Nick was stricken with pure excitement. “It is more amazing than I could have imagined. This is perfect...now the pieces are in place I only need-“

There was another ping. And a white light began to flash on and off, a purple sphere floated down to the ground. And when the light subsided a unusually tall woman sat on the remains of the stone pedestal.

“It’s awakened faster than I wanted. Linux, you must be responsible for this.
What exactly is your plan?” Helba asked, her purple lipstick sparkling.

“Helba. It’s been awhile. But contrary to what you might think, I had nothing to do with this. I only...planted the seed. It grew on it’s own. The season...came early I suppose.” He smiled at her between his giant ape teeth.
"Xavier...The Hidden One." Linux whispered.

---------------

Okay...now one more chapter and were all up to speed. Chapter seven and eight will be here in at least two days.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Ugh, too long. Add a bit of a break, or all the text'll overwhelm the people willing to read. Start with chapters, or even half chapters, and update from there.

I'll critique after I'm given a more reasonable amount of words to work with :\

~Dorian Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back