• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General Story Understanding

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeybladeStriker

Awards
I am not sure if I will get infractured if I ask this question but it is about the ending of Days that I am not sure about. There is a number of things that need to be clarified for me. Please help and let me know if I can post my question.
Thanks!!! :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Er, It would have been better to just open the thread with your questions. You won't get in trouble for asking. :/ So, like, post them...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Er, yeah. You're not doing anything wrong by asking an innocent question, so you don't even need to consider the possibility of getting infractions.

Just ask away and we'll help however we can~

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I'll do what I can to help as well.

I guess the Moogle Army really is organized... XD

KeybladeStriker

Awards
Okay, okay! I just have not been on here in years and I have noticed multiple changes. But thanks for your help! :)
So here's the question:
At the end of game, Roxas and Riku have the showdown and Riku wins. But then there is a large gap in between there I feel. All of a sudden, Roxas wakes up and it's the begining of KH2. I don't quite understand what happened in between him getting knocked out by Riku and him waking up in Twilight Town in his casual outfit.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
After he was defeated by Riku, he and Ansem brought Roxas to the old Twilight Town mansion and transported him into the virtual Twilight Town to hide him from the Organization while Namine finishes repairing Sora's memories. There was a scene in KH2 depicting this so they must have thought there was no need for a repeat.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Yeah. Also, since you play the game from the point of view as Roxas, I guess they also felt that since Riku squeezed Roxas into unconsciousness, that part was unnecessary to show. Since, as Roxas, there's no way you'd know it happened.

As for the whole short scene with DiZ and Riku...
(Riku: He could feel Sora...

DiZ: Ridiculous! A Nobody can't feel anything...)

Yeah, that was just shown to link up to the KH2 scene Sign described. By the way, that scene occurs when you're going into the depths of the Old Mansion and find the computer. I think.

Also, my quote up there may be wrong, but it's close enough.

Oh, and welcome back!

KeybladeStriker

Awards
I don't remember this. But that could be because I have not played it in a few years. So are you refering to "he and ansem" as one? Because I thought Ansem and Riku were one. So Roxas was actually asleep in a way to invision this virtual Twilight Town? What about Hayner, Pence, and Olette then, were they real people or figures?

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
The digital Twilight Town that DiZ made is a perfect facsimile of the real one. Hayner, Pence, Olette... they're all real. But the ones who befriend Roxas aren't. Those versions are just digital replicas.

Also, DiZ is actually Ansem the Wise. The Ansem/Riku duality is from the false one, Ansem, Seeker of Darkness. They're separate people, the latter claiming the name of the former. It's rather confusing at first, I'll admit.

KeybladeStriker

Awards
Alright I understand now! So in the end, if I am correct, Roxas has realized that he needs to submit and become one with Sora again to wake him up? Or is Roxas forced to do so?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Alright I understand now! So in the end, if I am correct, Roxas has realized that he needs to submit and become one with Sora again to wake him up? Or is Roxas forced to do so?

It's more like he realized that he really didn't have a choice.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
And did someone control him while he was in the virtual Twilight Town? Or did he come to find out things on his own?

No one was controlling him. He just started to remember more about his past as the days went by and with the interference of DNR when the threat of the Organization came into light.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And did someone control him while he was in the virtual Twilight Town? Or did he come to find out things on his own?

He wasn't controlled, but his mind was altered by Ansem the Wise to keep him from retaliating during restoration of Sora's memories and would quietly assimilate with Sora.

Eventually, he started to remember who he was and figured things out.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
A thing that I really liked that works well to explain this is how the end of Days says "Day 359."

It's also The First Day in KH2. :D

You can look at it as the introductory events in KH2 being Days 359-365, continuing from where 358/2 Days left off.

(wow, it was an exact year. didn't notice that before)

KeybladeStriker

Awards
I see now. Thank you all SO much! This has helped me very much! So in anyone's opinion, do you think I should play BBS, Coded, KH2FM to find out more? Or does it help you understand anything more? Those are the only ones I have not played yet.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Well... you can find out what you need from Final Mix from the handy-dandy KH2: Final Mix+ Cutscene Guide present on the forums.

As for BBS and Re:coded...

Yeah. You can read all you want about the events in those, but sometimes it's better to play them and experience the events yourself. They make a lot more sense that way too.

KeybladeStriker

Awards
I'm sure I will end up buying them and playing them no matter what. Is KH2FM in America? And you all have mentioned different people now I just got confused again...
Are Ansem, Ansem the Wise, DiZ, Xemnas, and Xehanort all different people?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH2FM is not in America.

Ansem: Seeker of Darkness is Xehanort's Heartless. He stole Ansem the Wise's name.
Ansem the Wise is DiZ. He was once the ruler of Radiant Garden (Hollow Bastion), and a scientist who was conducting research in the nature of Hearts.
Xemnas is Xehanort's Nobody.
Apprentice Xehanort was an apprentice under Ansem the Wise, and you should play BBS to understand everything surrounding Master Xehanort and Terra.

(yes I added two new characters...they are important, but I don't want to spoil BBS by talking about them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back