• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General Kingdom Hearts Manga Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Hopefully it won’t come to that🤞Though I do wonder how The Caribbean will be handled. It’ll probably be either skipped over, do what the novels did with Olympus and have this be Sora’s first visit, or have a gag where someone pulls out the KH2 manga only to find they skipped them

Awards
i imagine he wandered around until he reached the Dark Shore, though it will be curious to see Riku’s reaction
There's a big issue tho

Riku and Repliku never really met in the CoM manga outside of a gag chapter.

KH3 showing a flashback panel to the two of 'em in front of the Mansion Gate kinda means that Amano is kinda just...acting like they did meet legitimately in this continuity and that the battle they had where Repliku died did happen when we know it didn't in the CoM manga. Riku didn't even go to CO's Twilight Town either.

In fact, Repliku's little character arc kinda doesn't really happen either. He gets taken out of the story after Naminé gives him brain damage. Sora doesn't even acknowledge him after Larxene's taken out.

So this means the ONLY legit interaction with a Replica that Riku had in the manga canon was with Xion...and he doesn't remember that.

So yeah, with Repliku, Amano is kinda backpedaling or something to match the game.

Like how in the KH2 manga he had a small flashback in the early chapters showing Roxas on a mission with Axel during his time in the Org, but with Roxas having Oathkeeper as his main keyblade. That is until the Days manga where Roxas didn't get Oathkeeper until after his battle with Saïx. But Amano also does this thing where in the flashback to Roxas v. Riku in the early KH2 chapters it seemingly goes like the game, with Riku on the ground only to turn the tide with the rest of the battle unseen, but then in the Days manga it shifts to that bit never happening and instead Riku and Roxas are essentially equal only for Riku to just pull off the blindfold.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I mean, with BBS and DDD getting skipped outright, and several unshown details just needing to be assumed, it's obvious that this manga isn't meant to be its own cohesive front-to-back piece of media, and is moreso designed to be a supplementary piece of content to go with the games.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Looks like we’re getting the “Let It Go” scene in the next chapter, based on the preview.

DD653085-B424-4206-8174-A70BB0C0BACF.jpeg

I wonder if this means they’re skipping the labyrinth 🤔

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Awww that’s cute, they got some hot foods.. after Larxene buried them under ice blocks but still!79F8E9EA-1E07-4322-84AC-86DDF7930DB8.jpeg98A6183C-300F-460C-9EE2-A587F56191ED.jpeg

So yeah, Amano really abridged a fair bit this chapter, but also features some flashbacks from the movie that weren’t brought up in the game, a nice touch👍. Also, love Sora’s initial reaction to Olaf🤣
F6B74F85-95BE-472E-9DB8-943AA5EF1658.jpeg
And we end the chapter on Elsa freezing Anna’s heart. With the way things are heading, I imagine this arc might be wrapped up in one or two more chapters.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Excellent! Now that is the kind of stuff I was expecting from the KH Manga. Going to different places, adding Jiminy where he normally wouldn't be, and overall being a delight! In the words of Rabbit "MORE! MORE!"

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Huh.. if this thumbnail is anything to go by, it looks like Arendelle will be done within the next chapter. That was relatively fast.66C978C3-3730-46DA-96B1-FB11C9C7A568.jpeg

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Something I keep forgetting to ask: do the Twilight Town chapters not include Little Chef?
I don’t have access to the Twilight Town chapters, but I don’t think he does.
Does Halloween Town ever show up in the manga?
Nope, neither in the KH1 or KH2 manga. And Chain of Memories’ manga only featured Traverse Town, Agrabah and Destiny Islands. The rest of the manga focuses more on Sora and Riku’s encounters with the Organisation within Castle Oblivion.

WaltK

Awards
So seeing that the third KH3 volume is going to be slightly bigger than the others reminded me;

Am I the only who really dislikes how Yen Press released the previous mangas?

They should have released them in their original single volume formats from the beginning and then go back and combine them into omnibuses if they wanted.

I like to have some form of consistency with my manga volumes, and that involves books that are all around the same size. What I get instead are volumes that are wildly different sizes. It'd be fine if it was just the KH1, CoM and KH2 volumes, but then you have the average-sized Days and KH3 volumes; ugh I hate it.

The same goes for the novelisations, only here it's a matter of the regular-ass-sized KH3 volumes looking downright puny next to the previous, omnibus-sized volumes.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
So seeing that the third KH3 volume is going to be slightly bigger than the others reminded me;

Am I the only who really dislikes how Yen Press released the previous mangas?

They should have released them in their original single volume formats from the beginning and then go back and combine them into omnibuses if they wanted.

I like to have some form of consistency with my manga volumes, and that involves books that are all around the same size. What I get instead are volumes that are wildly different sizes. It'd be fine if it was just the KH1, CoM and KH2 volumes, but then you have the average-sized Days and KH3 volumes; ugh I hate it.

The same goes for the novelisations, only here it's a matter of the regular-ass-sized KH3 volumes looking downright puny next to the previous, omnibus-sized volumes.
While the format of omnibus first is odd, I can kinda see what they were going for. Tokyopop had already done the single releases/box sets for KH1 and CoM, so why repeat that? Plus with the added Final Mix material, it made sense to have them as 2 -in-1 volumes. As for Days, maybe it was because they were relatively newer compared to the KH2 volumes, or maybe it was a contract thing.

Last edited:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
So…? Nobody would care. And that wouldn't explain why the novels get the same treatment.
Probably because at the time, every other novel adaptation had been out for a while and they wanted them all in one place.
Meanwhile the KH3 novels, if I remember right, were being released in a similar timeframe between East and West not long after KH3 came out. I wish they were able to release those side story novels though, i don’t know if they were included in the English releases of other books or not.

On topic, we have our next chapter and the final chapter of the Frozen arc.

We pick up where we left off with Elsa freezing Anna’s heart, then go back to the SDG trio. Funny to see a tent being among their supplies they got from that shop in the last chapter.
60C2EECB-8B8B-4FF7-A564-EA2EAD370D32.jpeg

Also Marshmallow has joined the party! Love Sora’s reaction here🤣 They even piggyback a ride off him.
391F0B93-AC2B-4A13-91E1-6733EF035550.jpeg C5571F93-2AB2-4ADE-92FB-83BD8F626B23.jpeg
Marshmallow does not hide from Kristoph and is with the trio when they talk to Kristoph.

Hi Hans, bye Hans👋 Yeah, much like the game, Hans is a non entity in this chapter, no speaking lines at all, and no heartless fight either.
C318FA00-95D5-455D-AE17-90EC57A70375.jpeg

Finally the chapter ends much like the world did, with the kingdom thawed from the ice and Sora wondering about Larxene’s words about the Organization having all their members. Also Marshmallow get his own flurry cloud, that’s nice 😊
B4F48CD2-B7C7-47B8-8808-42C40700FE37.jpeg

Back