• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General Kingdom Hearts Manga Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KudoTsurugi

Awards
We got chapter 24 wrapped up! We start with the end of Toy Box, though we don’t touch on the boss fight.

14A502B9-E9AC-4D7A-AF08-6886B27630B8.jpeg1EE188BB-C013-40C0-8542-BF58942C4771.jpeg

And we end the chapter on the first few minutes of the first Kairi and Lea/Axel scene. Overall looks good so far, looking forward to seeing the translations later.

Also, finally got myself Volume 2 of the KH3 manga. Loving how Amano interpreted the Mirror Aqua fight, and the exchange between her and Terra.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I hope they reference all the manga-only issues that happened with Axel and Kairi in the KH2 manga. Acknowledge that Kairi bit Axel and took a chunk out of his arm.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
They probably will, given that they only covered half the scene of Riku, Mickey and Kairi at the end of 0.2. We saw Riku and Mickey get new clothes but we haven’t seen Kairi’s reaction to training with Lea/Axel yet. That’ll probably be covered next chapter

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I just got the 2nd volume of KH3 manga. So glad to see TAV in manga format and adapting 0.2. Shiro Amano's artwork of KH has always been great, but it's gotten such a glow up. I know it's gonna be awhile, but I can't wait to see the RAX reunion in Amano's artwork. Until then the little tease from the KH3 novel will have to hold me over. What will Roxas and Xion look like in the improved style?

KudoTsurugi

Awards
We got a new chapter up for the KH3 manga, “Lea and Kairi”, essentially going over the whole scene with the pair from where we left off.

B510CC09-E1F1-4DF0-8593-61E8C3CA4B2C.jpeg
Personally love the dot-eyed expression on Kairi when they’re chatting about Merlin, but seeing Axel’s face when he starts to remember Xion is a heartbreaker. Also having his face covered in shadow as he leaves is a nice touch 👍 And the chapter ends with the SDG trio heading for the Kingdom of Corona

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I wonder if they'll explain how Axel is back and why he has a Keyblade? Either way I hope they do some Manga exclusive shenanigans and spins on the plot of KH3. Especially since the next world just followed the movie plot more or less.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Kinda fell behind on following this series😅 But the manga is officially covering the Kingdom of Corona.

The current chapter part(since it’s currently going in parts) covers Sora and co meeting Rapunzel

7039E4E3-55A4-4FFF-A6FC-6C1B342E16BD.jpeg
and ends with Gothel meeting Marluxia
8D89F3F6-614D-4BD4-9285-AD7E20D16F8E.jpeg
Gotta say I’m a little mixed on Amano’s art for the Tangled characters. For the most part they look great, but there are one or two panels where they feel off. Overall it looks like a good chapter so far👍

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Kinda fell behind on following this series😅 But the manga is officially covering the Kingdom of Corona.

The current chapter part(since it’s currently going in parts) covers Sora and co meeting Rapunzel

View attachment 15821
and ends with Gothel meeting Marluxia
View attachment 15822
Gotta say I’m a little mixed on Amano’s art for the Tangled characters. For the most part they look great, but there are one or two panels where they feel off. Overall it looks like a good chapter so far👍
Don't feel too bad. I have fell behind as well. I'm collecting them when they release but I think I'm just waiting for them all to be finished before I sit down and read them, only skimming through the few scenes that get shown online and twitter.

As for Tangled in the Kingdom of "A fairytale land" (I will always mock Kairi for that) I think the art looks pretty good. Then again I'm a sucker for Amano's KH art. I'm more worried that the manga looks more like a direct translation of the games rather then being it's own adaptation like the previous ones. It wouldn't surprise me as the KH Novels went that route and there is probably a lot more restrictions on what they can do now prior to back then.

OrionGold

Awards
By the way how is Kairi in the manga so far? Is she still the hothead from KH2?

WaltK

Awards
Rapunzel’s face in the right panel on the second row looks especially off. As well as the final Mother Gothel panel.

Anyway, I hope the manga is able to adapt the movie better than the game did.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
The latest chapter is out and wow they went through a lot of stuff.
We cover from Marluxia’s return,
85F765C1-CE11-4534-86B2-CD88F29B49BA.jpeg
all the way to Rapunzel realising her identity as the princess, complete with the sun in her eye shot.
F3F4E614-12B0-46F3-9E55-FC8B825E8605.jpeg

Wouldn’t be surprised if the next release covers the boss fight and aftermath.

OrionGold

Awards
So to anyone whose read the KH3 manga, how is it? A Discord friend of mine told me that it's just a rehash of Kingdom Hearts 3 without that Shiro Amano flavor. He even said that Kairi in the KH3 manga doesn't have the same personality that she had in the KH2 manga.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
In some ways, it can be seen as a rehash in broad strokes, but it has its moments. I can only look at the Japanese chapters as they come out(because somebody at Disney or Yen Press thought it was a good idea to region lock the online English shops too just America 😡) while waiting for the volumes to get released, but you can still see some of the Amano humour in there, like seeing Aqua’s reaction to seeing Riku all grown up in the 0.2 arc and what’s going through Riku’s head when Mickey says Aqua’s like Sora.

Maybe others will feel different, but I still enjoy seeing the small ways Amano can shake up the story. It’s possible he’s under more restrictions to follow the game story more closely, but he did skip out on the Verum Rex stuff in the Toy Box arc, so we can’t say for sure.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
So to anyone whose read the KH3 manga, how is it? A Discord friend of mine told me that it's just a rehash of Kingdom Hearts 3 without that Shiro Amano flavor. He even said that Kairi in the KH3 manga doesn't have the same personality that she had in the KH2 manga.
I have volumes 1 and 2 of the KH3 manga and while there is some of that loveable Shiro Amano charm, it's a lot more straight forward then the KH2 and Days Mangas. I'm not surprised as the KH3 Novel was almost a direct translation of the games compared to previous entries. I imagine Kingdom Hearts media have stricter guidelines to follow now with all the changes that have been made over the years to the series, and I'm sure others don't want to deviate from it anymore.

It's sad for me as I found the KH Mangas more enjoyable then the games, especially when they went off script to tell their own version of certain events in the story. With that said there are still fun moments to be had in them, at least from the chapters I read. I only read up to vol 1 and 2 after all.

OrionGold

Awards
I have volumes 1 and 2 of the KH3 manga and while there is some of that loveable Shiro Amano charm, it's a lot more straight forward then the KH2 and Days Mangas. I'm not surprised as the KH3 Novel was almost a direct translation of the games compared to previous entries. I imagine Kingdom Hearts media have stricter guidelines to follow now with all the changes that have been made over the years to the series, and I'm sure others don't want to deviate from it anymore.

It's sad for me as I found the KH Mangas more enjoyable then the games, especially when they went off script to tell their own version of certain events in the story. With that said there are still fun moments to be had in them, at least from the chapters I read. I only read up to vol 1 and 2 after all.
Well that sucks. That just means the KH3 manga won't be as fun as the previous manga adaptations, especially since Kairi was a much more enjoyable character in the KH2 manga.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Well, we are still in the early stages of the manga, relatively speaking. This is still the first bunch of worlds, so maybe we’ll see more freedom in the later worlds as we go along.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
He also doesn't have a lot to work with. He can embellish, but KH3!Kairi is still... well, what we got.

Back