• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General Kingdom Hearts Manga Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KudoTsurugi

Awards
New image from Amano for the latest chapter release, folks without access to the Gangan app will have to wait till May to read it on the Gangan website:

I’ll share my thoughts on the chapter in full once it's up on the website, but from what I have seen of screenshots people have shared, as fans are wont to do, I know that Kairi's last words to Sora weren't just calling out for him as she was taken by Xemnas. She tried to assure Sora that she'd be okay and warned everyone to be careful before the portal closed. She was still caught, yes, but her words showed that she was thinking about all her friends there. It may not be a grand gesture, but it's appreciated.

Last edited:

OrionGold

Awards
Kairi is useless and is kinda worse than her game counterpart cuz she gets KO'd by Saïx right after Sora shows up and then gets kidnapped after a panel of Sora smiling at Roxas without even a panel of her getting back up or anything. Like just straight to her gettin nabbed. But hey, Xemnas grabs her OTHER arm too!
Which sucks considering Kairi back in the KH2 manga was a much more interesting character.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
They're skipping all the good parts, so what's even the payoff after all of this? This segment was story-wise the best part of the game.

Awards
Pour one out for Marly, Luxord, and Larxene btw

Especially Luxord who still only has two total panels of screentime which amounted to his arrival being treated even more as a joke than the game.

Chie

Awards
Why was Amano-san allowed to take a whole eternity on the KH2 manga - and even take a break to do the 358/2 Days manga in the middle of it - but not this?
Because hyper-capitalism is significantly worse right now than it was 15 years ago

It's much harder for creatives to get to do what they want right now across many many industries. Video games and anime especially, almost every industry artist I'm a fan of has spoken out about this. But I think it still hasn't sunken in for most fans for some reason

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I haven't read the chapter just saw some screenshots not translated so I have no idea what's being said. But wow if looks could kill. Roxas and Xion show no signs of sympathy for Saix as he's dying. It's like they came back straight after Days and KH2. I've been wondering about how they'd do this since Saix was even more of a psychopath in the manga. But still, Xion of all people looking indifferent and downright bored at someone dying while pouring their heart out. It's like she and Roxas don't respect the deep offscreen redemption arc. This actually makes Saix more tragic then any subject X stuff from the games even if by accident. Better pack some windbreakers because that Clocktower scene's gonna get chilly when he shows up. Otherwise the RAX reunion largely looks the same as the games from what I gathered.

With that out of the way it's a shame that Amano has been rushed like this. The KH3 manga started off with promise and to see how rushed this is ending breaks my heart and turns me into a Heartless. I'll keep saying it, I prefer the most of the KH manga over the games. I can at least still say the artwork is great. I do wish we could have seen Amano's spin on the KH3 story especially the Keyblade Graveyard fights. Amano made the KH2 final battles so much more meaningful I wanted a repeat here. I don't blame them, if given the time I know they could have made a fantastic story.

Finally I hope someone edits Saix dead body on the field when RAX are hugging. The background of the two match perfectly that you could just slide him in there for a laugh.

Awards
It's weird how Amano is apparently being rushed, when not only did it take nearly six years to get to Chapter 35 compared to the Days manga, but also it's still a monthly release with some chapters skipping a month.

It feels rushed while at the same time, Amano should have a decent amount of time for this stuff.

Like, this will end up prolly reaching nearly the same amount of chapters as the KH1 manga by the time it ends and yet it'll feel half-baked in comparison to even the COM manga and its THIRTEEN chapters.

Back