• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General KH Question About Darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost_theMad

I hope I put this in the appropriate area, but anyway, I was thinking and I have a really general question that for whatever reason I can't find or remember the answer. How exactly does one return a world from being in/consumed by darkness?

State

Awards
OK, let's get high technical about this:

Darkness lusts for light, so it searches its presence anywhere it is. Heartless are born directly from darkness. They crave for what they don't have, hearts. They travel the Realm of Light in search of hearts, be it from humans, animals and/or worlds. When a massive amount of Heartless have accumulated where the world's heart is, the world will start decaying and slowly surrender to darkness. Afterward, said world will plunge into the Realm of Darkness and its heart will enter a state of sleep. During said process, the world will project the past before it got consumed by the Heartless in the Realm of Dreams. In said realm is where these worlds can be saved by using the powers of the Keyblade to unlock the world from its state of sleep, and thus, returning it to where it was were.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
OK, let's get high technical about this:

Darkness lusts for light, so it searches its presence anywhere it is. Heartless are born directly from darkness. They crave for what they don't have, hearts. They travel the Realm of Light in search of hearts, be it from humans, animals and/or worlds. When a massive amount of Heartless have accumulated where the world's heart is, the world will start decaying and slowly surrender to darkness. Afterward, said world will plunge into the Realm of Darkness and its heart will enter a state of sleep. During said process, the world will project the past before it got consumed by the Heartless in the Realm of Dreams. In said realm is where these worlds can be saved by using the powers of the Keyblade to unlock the world from its state of sleep, and thus, returning it to where it was were.

Huh, that's interesting.. So, Sora and Riku freed those hearts and the worlds that was fallen to the Darkness over the years were free, sort of. They just needed to be awakened from the Realm of Sleep, and after that, it's all good and dandy, am I right?

Makes me wonder if it's the same process for those who lost their hearts.. course, that's for another thread, if needed.

State

Awards
Huh, that's interesting.. So, Sora and Riku freed those hearts and the worlds that was fallen to the Darkness over the years were free, sort of. They just needed to be awakened from the Realm of Sleep, and after that, it's all good and dandy, am I right?
SUMMARY:

• The Heartless devour the worlds' hearts.
  • The worlds plunge into the Realm of Darkness and enter a state of sleep.
  • The worlds project themselves in the Realm of Dreams during a time before they got dark'd.
  • Someone unlocks their hearts in the realm of dreams and return them back to normal.

Yeah, correct.

Makes me wonder if it's the same process for those who lost their hearts.. course, that's for another thread, if needed.
Yeah, it is. Remember that Sora and Riku went through Yen Sid's training to acquire the ability to wield the Keyblade that unlocks people's hearts. The difference here is that you can, from the get go, go to the Realm of Dreams and unlock the world's heart, while a person's heart you first need to wait for it to recover during its sleep to later unlock it.

Roxie1563

Awards
SUMMARY:

• The worlds project themselves in the Realm of Dreams during a time before they got dark'd.
  • Someone unlocks their hearts in the realm of dreams and return them back to normal.

Yeah, correct.

Yeah, it is. Remember that Sora and Riku went through Yen Sid's training to acquire the ability to wield the Keyblade that unlocks people's hearts. The difference here is that you can, from the get go, go to the Realm of Dreams and unlock the world's heart, while a person's heart you first need to wait for it to recover during its sleep to later unlock it.

I thought so.

Like Ventus, whose heart is still inside Sora and sleeping. But I wonder how do you know when that person's heart is ready to head back to its body? Ven's heart has been sleeping for close to 11 years (I'm going by now on its way Kingdom Hearts 3), would that be enough to release him from his slumber or is there more to it than we think?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
SUMMARY:

Yeah, correct.

That only pertains to a small number of worlds though.

Not ALL worlds need to have their hearts unlocked in the realm of dreams as millions upon millions of worlds were restored directly without any problem at the end of KH 1 like the Pride Lands or Land of Dragons for example (it happens when Kairi looks at all the stars returning to the sky in the FMV sequence).

In DDD Yen Sid even points that out:
Yen Sid said:
You'll recall, in your first journey, that you brought many worlds back from the darkness--but some
never returned completely.

The issue with unlocking a world's heart in the Dream Realm is an exception, not the rule.

Roxie1563

Awards
That only pertains to a small number of worlds though.

Not ALL worlds need to have their hearts unlocked in the realm of dreams as millions upon millions of worlds were restored directly without any problem at the end of KH 1 like the Pride Lands or Land of Dragons for example (it happens when Kairi looks at all the stars returning to the sky in the FMV sequence).

In DDD Yen Sid even points that out:

The issue with unlocking a world's heart in the Dream Realm is an exception, not the rule.

So, in this case of D.D.D, it's an exception, not the rule, right? Huh. How often would that happen? I mean, the world's heart falling to the Realm of Sleep?

I would think, not too often, but then again, I wouldn't know that much. *giggles*

Gram

Banned
Awards
The hearts of worlds falling into sleep probably next to never happens, there was so many in DDD cause of Ansem and the heartless sending their hearts into darkness before and throughout kh1.

I wonder if worlds slip into the sleep realm under other circumstances since Traverse Town was said to have appeared because Joshua needed a world to shelter the TWEWY gang.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So, in this case of D.D.D, it's an exception, not the rule, right? Huh. How often would that happen? I mean, the world's heart falling to the Realm of Sleep?

I would think, not too often, but then again, I wouldn't know that much. *giggles*

Since we do not know the exact procedure as to how the worlds which were destroyed by the darkness in KH 1 were restored/revived at the end (we only know when it happened, after Sora and Mickey close the DtD), we cannot answer that question. We have furthermore only Yen Sid's words from DDD which state that some of the worlds lost before KH 1 weren't restored with the others and are instead trapped in an eternal sleep. Reasons for this are never given, so it's up to speculation.

The hearts of worlds falling into sleep probably next to never happens, there was so many in DDD cause of Ansem and the heartless sending their hearts into darkness before and throughout kh1.

I wonder if worlds slip into the sleep realm under other circumstances since Traverse Town was said to have appeared because Joshua needed a world to shelter the TWEWY gang.

Well, to be frank we do not know what state the hearts of the worlds consumed by darkness are in, but the sheer amount of returning stars(and therefore worlds) in the scene in KH 1 and added on top the ones seen in DDD in the Sleeping realm (and Nomura confirmed that there are other sleeping worlds) just shows how effective the Heartless legions led by Ansem SoD must have been before and during KH 1 until Sora, Donald and Goofy put a stop to it.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well, to be frank we do not know what state the hearts of the worlds consumed by darkness are in, but the sheer amount of returning stars(and therefore worlds) in the scene in KH 1 and added on top the ones seen in DDD in the Sleeping realm (and Nomura confirmed that there are other sleeping worlds) just shows how effective the Heartless legions led by Ansem SoD must have been before and during KH 1 until Sora, Donald and Goofy put a stop to it.
tbf I said 'probably' as in guessing on it. xD

Putting it that way it's knida dumbfounding at how effective the heartless were under Ansem.

Roxie1563

Awards
Since we do not know the exact procedure as to how the worlds which were destroyed by the darkness in KH 1 were restored/revived at the end (we only know when it happened, after Sora and Mickey close the DtD), we cannot answer that question. We have furthermore only Yen Sid's words from DDD which state that some of the worlds lost before KH 1 weren't restored with the others and are instead trapped in an eternal sleep. Reasons for this are never given, so it's up to speculation.

So, there are still sleeping worlds in the Realm of Sleep? Maybe we're to visit the Realm of Sleep in KH3 and reawaken all of them that is still asleep while looking for the 7 Guardians of Light like Roxas, Xion, Namine and Ven.

Xehanort, even in another name or not, still manages to cause so much trouble over the years.. I'll be glad to end him, to be frank. But what about the Heartless? I don't think you could really vanish them for good as long people has darkness in their heart. :/

If only Terranort had not released his heart and spread the Heartless to other worlds, I think there would be less worlds to fall to Darkness and to eternal sleep..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back