• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General feeling towards the game for now?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

cakito123

Awards
Melody of Memory on Switch. Sure, it's also on PS4/XB1 but it's still a handheld game.

Why they aren't using those Unity assets for a real game is beyond me.
if you mean like an Action RPG like most titles, they probably would have to build the gameplay foundation from the ground up since MoM is a rythym game - the 3D models may be ready for using it but only that is not enough to cut not even half development time.

Also, because of that, I don't think it's realistic to anyone from now on to expect any Action-KH-titles out of Unreal Engine 4/5. Square already have the gameplay skeleton done, so of course they won't spend time remaking it. I was first skeptical about the handheld/mobile games being on the same engine because Unreal is really good and heavy, but that went out of the roof when they showed us Missing Link so ugly looking on Unreal as a mobile game just '''''fine''''.

Last edited:

Chie

Awards
I wouldn't count the Switch as a handheld console in the same way as the DS, since the development costs are still going to be just as high in most cases especially if you're also making it for PS4 anyway.

I would enjoy them making Switch-targeted lower budget games but, good luck with that.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
if you mean like an Action RPG like most titles, they probably would have to build the gameplay foundation from the ground up since MoM is a rythym game - the 3D models may be ready for using it but only that is not enough to cut not even half development time.
Also the environments for many worlds which take a lot of time normally.