• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General BbS Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

celticsfan

I recently purchased a PSP-1000 from a cousin and it is in essentially mint condition and has rarely been used. I have been playing demos on it, Patapon and GoW CoO. Patapon runs greats, while GoW runs into some frame rate issues. My Question is, for the people who have played the Japanese version of the game, did you experience frequent or any frame rate problems while playing BbS? Secondly, could it be because im playing a PSP-1000 and not a newer model? Thanks

beastlycool

I have not played the japanese version of Birth By sleep but I have a PSP-1000. Trust me you will regret not getting a newer version I know I have. I am going to buy a new one for birth by sleep and maybe you should too. There are tons of slow loading times and lagging in video games that will make you want to hang a puppy. It is that frustrating. This will happen after about 6 months of use.
I have had mine for 2 years and it sucks. I recommend buying a newer PSP because after a while the frame rate will go slower and slower and slower.

celticsfan

Sh!t, for real? damn, ik my cousin was an early adopter so its about 5-6 years old. Are these problem fixed in a new PSP?

beastlycool

Well most of them are. Plus it is slimmer. Also in an old PSP-1000 if the battery dies then you will usually have to reset the date which is really annoying...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I've had my PSP-1000 for like 4 years now, and it still works perfectly fine. I'm not going to bother buying a newer model if there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. The load times I have to wait through are relatively the same as my brother's, and he has a 3000.

Since you say you just recently bought yours and have barely played it, I wouldn't suggest buying another PSP since it's an obvious waste of money, but if you're that worried about it, go ahead.

ZiggyK

Ok now two people are telling me two different things. Ill probably end up buying a second hand 1000 >.> Would that run it at a suitable speed?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
It's probably just the demo in this case. I heard the GoW demo had some issuse so if it's not happening with the other demos it might just be that one. Keep trying other ones and see what happens.

celticsfan

Thanks alot guys, this helps alot. My gaming budget is fairly tight right now, so any extra costs r out of the question. Thanks again

robertexe

The age of the PSP doesn't affect frame rates in games. The only reason I recommend getting a new PSP (although not necessary) is because its lighter and the battery last longer. I have a PSP-1000 and the battery dies in 3 to 5 hours fully charged.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The age of the PSP doesn't affect frame rates in games. The only reason I recommend getting a new PSP (although not necessary) is because its lighter and the battery last longer. I have a PSP-1000 and the battery dies in 3 to 5 hours fully charged.

Then why don't you get a new battery? :\

αsiя

space coke
The PSP 1000 is perfect, way better than the 3000 IMO. It's more powerful, and you can hack it. There really isn't any difference except it's lighter and has a better battery, but that shouldn't be a reason to go buy a 3000. Yes BBS does have frame rate issues but only when there is a ton of enemies or a team member (which is the reason why they used D-Links instead of summons).

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
My Question is, for the people who have played the Japanese version of the game, did you experience frequent or any frame rate problems while playing BbS? Secondly, could it be because im playing a PSP-1000 and not a newer model? Thanks

There were some instances of framerate dips even on my PSP-2000. Utilizing the Data Install feature may help reduce this when loading new areas, but during battle there are some instances where the number of enemies (and allies) and flashiness of attacks cause the framerate to dip very briefly. This isn't the PSPs fault per se, just more of the developers pushing too much at once.

celticsfan

Okay, well it does not sound too serious. Idk if any of you has played the GoW Demo but the frame rate would dop for about 7-10 seconds at a time very frequently

ZiggyK

Why? The PS2 is dead .

Games are still being released and still selling for PS2. PS2 sells more than the PSP does :S PS2 is still very much alive.

They were originally going to release it on PS2 anyway. Plus it'd be able to have better graphics and I wouldn't have to buy a PSP!

493pokemon1

Florida,USA, North America,Earth, Solar System, Mi
Games are still being released and still selling for PS2. PS2 sells more than the PSP does :S PS2 is still very much alive.

They were originally going to release it on PS2 anyway. Plus it'd be able to have better graphics and I wouldn't have to buy a PSP!

Yes the UMD sustains 2 gigs and Ps2 discs around 6 but do this math Days during its cutscenes had PS2 graphics and the PSP has naturally better grapphics than that. So if Ds does PS2 graphics and PSP does better than DS then PSP can do better than PS2

If they didnt stop making games for the NES then no one would have Wii if they had continued with the PS1 thae same games PS3 gets then no one would have a PS3. You would have to end up buying one CAUSE THE ps2will be dicontinued eventually. Of course this comment goes more toward a PS3 than a PSP though

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
And you heard that where...?

Nomura. He said in its earliest stages BBS was going to be on the ps2, but of course that changed before development really went too far. I wish his newer interviews were better archived...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back