• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Geez, this game's story is even more flawed than I remembered.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctahFaz

Awards
Another thing I've noticed as I've progressed is the fact that when Sora, Donald, and Goofy arrive at the Mysterious Tower, Donald and Goofy have no idea where they are and that Yen Sid resides there, yet they were there visiting Yen Sid 10 years ago in BBS. Of course, it's because BBS wasn't a game yet and was still only in the early stages of conception, so in terms of continuity, we'll just have to write that plot hole off as them just forgetting over the years that they were there.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ Not just that but there's confusion in dialogue there. In english Donald and Goofy word it as Mickey banished Pete while we learn in BBS that it was Minny.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
^ Not just that but there's confusion in dialogue there. In english Donald and Goofy word it as Mickey banished Pete while we learn in BBS that it was Minny.
Yeah, I noticed that, too. The entire area was kindve a strange juxtaposition of things we know against things that weren't established quite yet. It kindve kills it for me.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I'll just harp on the point that the story did an awful job in making the Organization members look like a big deal for you to fight. Barring Saix and Xaldin, the other non Xemmy members just look to me like filler. If KH2 was the first game you played from the series you'll have no reason to really dislike Xigbar from a character standpoint because he barely did anything evil. Same for Luxord and Demyx.

If you are going to de-legitimize the disney worlds to make them complete filler, fine but you have to use that time to build up the Organization as individually morally wrong characters. Make it feel like it's a big boss fight when you fight them. Heck they did a reasonable job with this in RE:COM where the writers had no shame in making the Disney worlds filler but they made each organization member fight a special occasion.

KH2 has plenty of problem but this is one that really grinds my gears.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Another thing I've noticed as I've progressed is the fact that when Sora, Donald, and Goofy arrive at the Mysterious Tower, Donald and Goofy have no idea where they are and that Yen Sid resides there, yet they were there visiting Yen Sid 10 years ago in BBS. Of course, it's because BBS wasn't a game yet and was still only in the early stages of conception, so in terms of continuity, we'll just have to write that plot hole off as them just forgetting over the years that they were there.

I definitely won't blame KH2 for that, but I sure as hell will blame BBS. Donald and Goofy only exist to be D-Links, but their appearance is not just contradictory, but so superficial! Probably to make the game feel less like Sora's stories, but all the same, if they had popped up on one of the Disney worlds, or maybe in Mirage Arena, that would have been leagues better.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
In regards to Setzer being a gambler, he is actually all about doing what will make him money, they just nixed the translation of that line in FF6.

reiko

It is believed either Namine or DiZ is responsible for the "awakening" (I could be wrong). And he was still in the data world (isn't data convenient?).

DiZ isn't really good with kids: He used one to capture another one to wake a third one and use him as a weapon ... yep.

Geez I always thought DiZ was such a jerk (before his repentance), but now when you put it that way, I just realised he's an even bigger douchebag than Obama…lol

DoctahFaz

Awards
The weirdest part of the entire game is the fact Sora, Donald, and Goofy return to Atlantica, encounter Ursula (who has made an unexplainable return), and they, along with Ariel, literally have no memory of ever defeating her just a year earlier in the first game.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Atlantica is just... I don't even hold Atlantica against KH2. It's on its own.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Or the fact that she lied and betrayed Ariel that year ago, too. I mean, in the film, it's explainable that she would give Ursula a chance seeing how desperate she was, but in KH doing it after you already know she's a liar is really stupid. Besides, she doesn't have the motivation she would have if Triton'd went psychotic like in the movie.

Why does Triton even still hate humans in KH2 after Sora and co. save him the first game? Who knows.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Or the fact that she lied and betrayed Ariel that year ago, too. I mean, in the film, it's explainable that she would give Ursula a chance seeing how desperate she was, but in KH doing it after you already know she's a liar is really stupid. Besides, she doesn't have the motivation she would have if Triton'd went psychotic like in the movie.

Why does Triton even still hate humans in KH2 after Sora and co. save him the first game? Who knows.

One of the reasons I like CoM for Atlantica is because they DON'T have Ariel trust Ursula, even though they'd have every reason to allow it in a memory-scenario. But no, she's like "Oh yeah, Ursula's up to no good but I don't want my friend to die." The fact that even CoM was more believable a in this regard made Atlantica 2's scenario worse. Oh well.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Chain of Memories did Atlantica best. Buuuuttt I only say that cause it found an excuse to let me walk rather than swim or do a damned musical.

Fortissimo

I get second hand embarrassment so bad from this game now. But that's just the writing and luckily it's not been too bad in recent games.
after playing though it in hd, yeah its got some major flaws, but it didn't bother me too much. I still love it dearly, and (through some research) I've come to comprehend the story well enough.

Though honestly, I still don't understand why atlantica was necessary, if that a singing mini game. I get at the time Guitar Hero games were cool, but it really could have been done better. Especially since it had no connection to the major plot of the original movie (excluding the first couple minuets of the little mermaid)
it would have been nice to walk away from that world going "How cute :)" instead of "Thank God..."

Some guy

Gameplay-wise, I didn't mind the musical part of Atlantica as much as I minded KHI's swimming, but the story was all over the place (because of "Ursula-amnesia", but I like to think Namine messed up as far as Atlantica memories are concerned). I just hope we're done with the little mairmaid ...

Last edited:

Antar

Awards
I took a look at this thread expecting to see actual flaws of the story pointed out. After reading the OP I just can't take it seriously. I understand issues like the whole Atlantica continuity problem but the "flaws" in the OP are just silly. These are something you would hear from the Cinema Sins series but that show is meant to be mostly for entertainment.

Anagram

Banned
Surprised no body has mentioned Donald saying he's sorry for the icecream before he even eats it. lol

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Yeah, the writing is really clunky at times. My favorite scene is when SDG arrive in the realm of darkness after the Battle of the 1000 Heartless, Riku visits, hands them a box and somehow Sora is able to open a gate to the realm of light with the sea-salt ice cream inside.

Apart from the fact that there are so many things wrong here I can't even begin to explain, this has to be the most convoluted way to deliver the rest of Roxas' stuff.

Some guy

Surprised no body has mentioned Donald saying he's sorry for the icecream before he even eats it. lol
I think Donald was refering to an earlier event ... That wasn't the only ice cream in existence you know.

Yeah, the writing is really clunky at times. My favorite scene is when SDG arrive in the realm of darkness after the Battle of the 1000 Heartless, Riku visits, hands them a box and somehow Sora is able to open a gate to the realm of light with the sea-salt ice cream inside.
I don't remember that place being stated as the RoD. It could have been a pocket dimension (still in the RoL) akin to where Pete was exiled, and it's not really hard to escape from those.

Samhain

Bronze Member
"Tough talk for someone who stood by the sidelines while his Nobody flunkeys did the fighting"

Awful, awful, awful cheesy dialogue. I wanted to rip my eyes off after playing this trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back