• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Geek.com Author Believes That) KINGDOM HEARTS III OVER 80 HOURS LONG!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsoraful

Awards
As it should be, 1 hour per year we've waited. :tongue:

In addition to the main story, players can look forward to several mini-games. One is a cooking game with Remy from Ratatouille. You must find ingredients hidden across several of the worlds and use them to create new recipes. There are 20 different old-school Tiger Toys/Game & Watch style 2D side scrolling games based on Mickey cartoons from the 1930s and 40s. Building your Gummi ship (used for traveling to each world) is pretty much a mini-game of its own. Kingdom Hearts 3 is around 40-50 hours if you stay on the critical path. Including the mini-games, players can expect 80+ hours of content.

No wonder Nomura said that he was worried for the disc space. What a massive game.

10 Disney Worlds + 6 Original Worlds I imagine, that's a lot of content.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: KINGDOM HEARTS III OVER 80 HOURS LONG!

This excites me! I think we theorized that in my 100% post in the spoilers section! That's a good length for the game at 100%.

EDIT:
The idea of hours obviously excites me, but let's say each world is supposed to be 2 to 3 hours based on what they said about 0.2. Collecting all treasures in a first run of 0.2 took me about 8 hours. So would you say it's safe to assume a blind 100% run would take about 60 to 80 hours? These may be high hopes, but I'm really liking that figure.
YES!

kingsoraful

Awards

This is about the same size as Persona 5 and that took me over 2-3 weeks to get to the end of the game.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards

This is about the same size as Persona 5 and that took me over 2-3 weeks to get to the end of the game.

Yeah, and if you shoot for 100% you're looking at an even longer play time. Platinum Trophy took me I think 100+ hours? That was an amazing game!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

What interview did you pull this from?
Geek.com played the demo and wrote some impressions, and they commented on these numbers but companies do sometimes over exaggerate numbers for how long things take to beat so it’s not something I have faith in believing right now.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Whenever a developer gives an estimated time i always subtract like 20 hours or so.
This isn’t even a developer giving an estimated time, it was the author of the article giving one so I’m just like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

horto12485

Awards

Wow so over 80+ hours so once the Game comes out and if i Get maybe i'll take my time to get Everything accomplished by getting all the Minigames, Items, Combat and Worlds done.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Yeah I’m not gonna put too much confidence in this. The article also said the Toy Story Keyblade summons yo-yos and teacups, neither of which are the case. I don’t think Square Enix even read this before retweeting it. Lol.

It seems like this is just the author’s assumption. I won’t be surprised though if he’s right about the main story time at least. I’m guessing we’ll have 13-15 worlds around 3 hours each.

UltimaXOmega

I doubt it. If so, I hope the original world's are the biggest again.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Well I hope this is somewhat accurate now that it is being spread like wildfire through gaming news sites. Yikes.

I do wonder how long the original worlds will be compared to the Disney ones. I know they said the Disney worlds were for gameplay progression and original worlds are for story progression. So maybe there will be more cutscenes but smaller maps in the original worlds? I hope we get a time least two full sized original worlds though, like possibly Cable Town and the final dungeon in Kingdom Hearts.

Seighart

Awards
I always assumed it to be 30-50 hours long. Nomura said the worlds length would be relative to 0.2. That was like 2-4 hours for most right? Took me 5 but I explored a lot.

3 hours x 10 DISNEY worlds...30. That's not counting original worlds. Now if we factor in collectibles/leveling/synthesis...I can see it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Honestly, it makes sense. If every world takes about three hours to complete both main and sidequests, plus Twilight Town minigames, and the leveling of Keyblades, and quite possibly the leveling of Summons, then everything can easily add up to 80 hours. This is not even taking into consideration any possible post-game content, which I think should be minimal.

Plus all the other stuff that hasn't been revealed.

Sdog

Awards
Regardless of how long it will end up being I just know I'm stocking up vacation time for when it does drop. Anyone else?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’ll take at least one day, if not two, off. I want to start playing .2 around 9pm and time it to where it’ll end right when KH3 goes live.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I advise people to take off lol. The spoilers are going to be intense for at least a week or 2.

Especially since Japan gets the game a few days early. That's why I'm not waiting for the English version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back