• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gears of War - 360 help?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
Yo

Bought gears of war the other day as everyone who owns it says its the best game to hit 360...

Anywho i bought it, chucked it in the 360 and took forever-ever to load, stayed on the Xbox 360 start screen for about 3 minutes... then came up with a black screen and said this disc is unreadable...

hmmmm ok, so i take the disc out and its scratchless as its brand new... tried it again and it did the same thing...

then i tried playing my other games THP8 and Saints Row and they both came up with the unreadable error...

so i tried my 40yo virgin DVD and it came up with the error again...

WTH IS GOING ON!?!?!?!

Can someone explain this to me? has this happened to anyone else? what do i need to do to get this fixed?

P.S. why is it 360's have had so many faults since release....

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
The 360 was released a year before every else, so it had bugs because they didn't spend time on it to work them out.

Have you thought that your Gears might be defective? Google it. . .

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Sounds as though there's a problem with the laser, if conventional methods such as a laser cleaning disc doesn't work out then you may have to send your 360 to MS and let them fix it...

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
My guess is that the laser is no longer aligned how it should be with the drive, and thus, it isn't reading the discs. This can only be fixed by opening the 360 up and fiddling around, which only Microsft is supposed to do.

First you should try clearning it though, just in case. Laser Cleaning Discs and Canned Air are your best bet. But like Chaywa said, it that doesn't work, you need to send it off to Microsoft.

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com
I hear there have been some troubles. My Xbox 360 has run without a hitch ( i need better internet though, lol).

its not so much that the released the 360 before finding all the bugs as it is any machine from a first release will have issues with it. I've heard PS3s were having trouble and all of that. it will all get fixed soon enough. I'd highly reccomend sending yours in, its worth it.

here is the major reason why

improved hardware. all consoles are built in phases, although you rarely hear about it. when something like a newer, better disc drive comes out, they i'll usually put that one in if it can fit in the spot the old one was. case in point for me would be the original Xbox. i had one of the first production runs of the Xbox, and its laser was not strong enough to read through the most recent Xbox games like Battlefield Modern Combat, because they started making games with thicker protective layers.

if i had sent it in ( although at this point the 360 was coming out, so i decided not to) they would have refit it with the newer better disk drive.

so yeah, just send it in and let microsoft put new guts inside of it. it will be so totally worth it to get it to run now instead of trying to live with the problems. they will take the outdated stuff out and put new ones in.

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
ok i sent the 360 off last week and got it back today, with a free 1 month gold membership to xbox live...

Now runs great, no lag at all.

Now ill i need is Assassins Creed and ill be happy

Cid Highwind

The Captain
i had that EXACT same problem with my xbox 360. one day it just had trouble reading discs, and would have messages like "Disc read error" or "put this disc in an xbox 360 console"...really strange stuff. but like most people on this thread said, said it back to microsoft. that's what i did, and fixed my xbox360, with no charge. however, it may not be the same for you, it's possibly you may have to pay a small fee, but that's if worse comes to worse.

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
nah they fixed it under warranty dude

Im happy with my GoW now :)

Is there a 2nd coming out?

Abit unfortunate that its not 4 player, but i guess on one screen it would be pretty crap... but its 4 player on system link right?

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com
nah they fixed it under warranty dude

Im happy with my GoW now :)

Is there a 2nd coming out?

Abit unfortunate that its not 4 player, but i guess on one screen it would be pretty crap... but its 4 player on system link right?

I don't know about a sequel, but look forward to the movie based on the game. Its a shame the Halo movie fell through. I'll bet thats what is going to happen to this thing to.

Wildy

Website
wildy71090.deviantart.com
I don't know about a sequel, but look forward to the movie based on the game. Its a shame the Halo movie fell through. I'll bet thats what is going to happen to this thing to.

theyres definately going to be a sequel especially how the game started and ended. It raises questions especially, who the f**k are the Locust? I also learned that this is a game where all u have to do is play online to get better. Me and my bro played co-op together on the easiest difficulty and we own ppl online that played it on hardcore. The shotgun is my favorite weapon ^_^.

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
my favs are sniper rifle and chainsaw gun...

And nah you dont have to pay to send it to MS if its still under warranty, they send you an email with a PDF File telling you hot to pack it, and also a label you have to print out and stick on the box... its reply paid (dunno what you call it in the us) but basically means they charge MS' postal account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back