• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gauging interest for a Persona roleplay

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Well, I've been thinking about this for awhile since I kind of want to get back into roleplaying, and I wanted to see if there was any interest in starting up a Persona RP. It would, ideally, take place in an urban setting a la P3. Still mulling over other ideas about it, but I wanted to see if anyone would even do it before I got too invested :p

Awards
I've been thinking about a Persona RP for a while now actually. Tell me what you have so far.

Angel

The basic idea is P3 in New York City. And while something similar to Evokers would be used, the way each person gains their Persona is more akin to P4, but I have yet to come up with the mechanism by which that would happen. (probably gonna just settle with everyone coming into the RP with their Persona already)
And of course the interpersonal relationship aspect of the games would be present in addition to the battles.
A lot of it came together in my head last night so it's a little sloppy, so if you have any other ideas feel free to share them and we can co-head if you want.

Awards
Well I think it's either Gun type Evoker or bust, otherwise we'll start resembling power rangers. I think the concept of facing your inner shadow should be used. Overcoming and accepting your flaws to develop your persona or simply move along the plot. Also yeah, Social Links should have a bit of a role. As characters become better acquainted and grow bonds their power should increase. As for the setting, I've always thought a smaller town like the one in P4 would be a good setting. Mostly because we can have some natural areas to go to such as river sides, forests, ect.

Angel

So like each person faces their Shadow Self before earning an Evoker? Makes sense.
And yeah, definitely. The supporting cast at school and other players could serve as Social Links, and Lovers routes can be traversed and all that jazz to gain strength.
As for setting, NYC allows the urban setting, and then if we need to we could take public transportation out to the natural areas, and there's always central park. I'm flexible in terms of that haha.
Question for me is where the Shadows would be fought. Would we want a Tartarus type thing, or more of a Midnight Channel? Or an entirely new thing.

Awards
How about 'Hot Spots?' Places in the city where Shadows begin popping up for unknown reasons?

Edit: Also these spots could alter the surroundings, changing depending on the shadows.

Angel

That sounds absolutely fantastic. I believe you gave us our central conflict for the RP. :)

Now we just need more people haha....

I'd be willing to start one up with a minimum of 5, myself included.

Angel

I'll start drafting a sign up thread, and once that's done, this sucker is closed.

Heed Piercing's warning, please :3

Awards
HEED? Y-YOU SAYIN' I LIKE MEN!? I'LL TAKE YOU DOWWWNN!!!!

Sorry, had to do it....

Athel

Machinist
I'm new-ish to the Persona series, but I've played enough games and done enough research to participate. I'd sure be interested if you went for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back