• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Garth Nix's Books

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
Hey have any of you guys heard about Garth's Nix new short story which is based on the Old Kingdom, its like a part four for The Old Kingdom Trilogy. Its about Nicholas the guy who had the shard in him during The abhorsen.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Actually, I recently rented it from the library and just started it today.

That story is actually one of like..thirteen or so short stories based off varies folk tales or random things he started. If you like his writing I'd suggest it, but don't expect an in depth story like the Abhorsen trilogy, Nick's story is just a small side thing of it and the others are just little tales and stories he's collaborated together.

Freya

Roger ELizabeth DeBris
Awards
^Seventh Tower? Sounds interesting

The Abhorsen Trilogy was an extremely good work. 'Across The Wall' Is the book I believe kairigirl is speaking of. It consists of the introduction of the next book in the Old Kingdom series. It even had a nifty little game in it! The next book in the Old Kingdom will be called Creature in the Case, and it will be from the perspective of Nicholas Sayre. (I'm so excited! It's coming to the US in April! :3) I would like to read Shade's Children, I hear it's very good.

Last edited:

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Shade's Children is very good, though he uses more curse words in it than he did the other books.

And yes, the game was quite fun, and humourous! I loved it, I might do it again just to see what new adventure happens. My first time I failed and broke two legs and fell on a hunchback, second time though I won. =D My favorite story he wrote in there though was pry Lightning Bringer, though The Lighthouse was rather fascinating.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
I haven't read that much by Garth Nix, but he's not a great writer.

He's not really bad, but he's not good. He can be rather bland, stereotypical, and a bit boring. That, and he can drag out a bit. But, as fantasy writers go these days, he's a fairly good writer.

Oh, and I really felt that the seventh tower could've really been cut down by at least one or two books.

Phenomenon X

Cool, I'll start it later. The first one was pretty good, I hope the second one's as good.

Freya

Roger ELizabeth DeBris
Awards
Lirael is the second and largest. It's so good too, the best one I thought. I hope you like the rest of the series..I did.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Darkness Princess said:
Hey have any of you guys heard about Garth's Nix new short story which is based on the Old Kingdom, its like a part four for The Old Kingdom Trilogy. Its about Nicholas the guy who had the shard in him during The abhorsen.

Yes, it wasn't that great really, in comparison to how amazing the rest of the Old Kingdom Trilogy is. I kind of hoped Lirael and Nicholas would get together though.

Freya

Roger ELizabeth DeBris
Awards
I know!!!!

They really should get together! At first a thought her and Sameth would get together..but I found out he was her coughnephewcough...knew that couldn't work. e.e

Well, you never know. The version of Creature in the Case is just the introduction of it in Across the Wall, so they could get together in the full book!!

But until then...we're left without a conclusion D=

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
What they dont get together, Noooo! *cries* I really wanted Lireal to hook up with someone. And phenomenom X what's your fave part in Abhorsen? I hated the ending, why did dog have to dieee!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back