• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Gargoyles - "This is where we keep the S3 + Kingdom Hearts tears"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If you lovely folk weren't aware, Gargoyles is available to watch on YT legally now so if you want to relive those childhood memories or lament over one of Greg Weisman's best show that ended too soon (or rather Disney killed it with their awful season 3), there it is!

(Edit: ugh non-Americans got shafted again...)

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Re: Gargoyles - "This is where we keep the S3 tears"

LOL, when I saw the title of the thread, I thought that Gargoyles was getting a reboot.

I think I'll rewatch the series again since it's on youtube.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Love love loooved this show as a kid! I'll definitely have to give it a rewatching.

I remember not knowing this was Disney and then Goliath and Elisa dressed as Beauty and the Beast in a Halloween episode. :p

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

(Edit: ugh non-Americans got shafted again...)
[/QUOTE]

WHY OH WHY ;~; Seriously, what kind of benefit could they possibly gain from doing this?
I loved this show when I was a kid. Despite the fact I could only see it in French and didn't understand much of it. I've had to make do with bad recordings for english versions :( (and I've still not seen it all...)​

Gram

Banned
Awards

tumblr_inline_mqqpi23TAy1qz4rgp.gif

There is a bit more of light in my life again. <3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

WHY OH WHY ;~; Seriously, what kind of benefit could they possibly gain from doing this?
I loved this show when I was a kid. Despite the fact I could only see it in French and didn't understand much of it. I've had to make do with bad recordings for english versions :( (and I've still not seen it all...)

Yeah, it sucks. Probably has to do with licensing between countries. I think there are browser extensions you can use to watch the videos, though.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

So I just finished re-watching season 3 and I gotta say, I think it pretty solid. Not quite as good as the first two seasons but still pretty enjoyable. I really don`t get most of the complaints directed towards season 3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So I just finished re-watching season 3 and I gotta say, I think it pretty solid. Not quite as good as the first two seasons but still pretty enjoyable. I really don`t get most of the complaints directed towards season 3

To me it has a completely different tone from the show...As a kid I didn't pay so much attention but when I rewatched it awhile back it was distracting and I couldn't immerse myself into it like I did the previous seasons. The fact Weisman considers season 3 non-canon is enough for me to discard it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

To me it has a completely different tone from the show...As a kid I didn't pay so much attention but when I rewatched it awhile back it was distracting and I couldn't immerse myself into it like I did the previous seasons. The fact Weisman considers season 3 non-canon is enough for me to discard it.
^^^

I am forever going to pretend the series ended with season 2 and be happy.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Oh yeah, I remember someone telling me last year that Weisman felt the season wasn't canon

I agree that it wasn't as good as the first two seasons, but I felt it was still pretty good. It had some good episodes plus a really cool villian group.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It isn't even "felt". He outright says it and wrote his own season 3 comic series to replace the show's season 3.

Nobody disagrees with you. It is just a matter of taste. You're free to like it but you should be aware that is not a sentiment shared by the creator or other fans.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So I saw these at Wal-Mart the other day:
Gargoyles: The Complete First Season (Special 10th Anniversary Edition) (Full Frame): TV Shows : Walmart.com
Gargoyles Season 2, Volume 1: We Live Again (Full Frame): TV Shows : Walmart.com

I was just browsing and they caught my eye. Wasn't expecting to see this series in stores again.

They've been in stores for years. Every time I've gone to Target for the last few there they are with the Disney stuff. Those prices are way too inflated, though.

Amazon.com: Gargoyles: Season 1
Amazon.com: Gargoyles - Season Two, Vol. 1

So much for Wal-Mart's commitment to low prices

Tailikku1

Awards

I actually remember watching the 5-episode movie from a Video Visions rental (yeah, I'm old enough to remember Video Visions) and watching a few episodes on Toon Disney during my first trip to Disneyland and in a 2003 trip back from Disney World. Now perhaps the strangest coincidence occurred recently to me while on Twitter: I followed Weissman, praising his work on Gargoyles. A few months later, or rather a few weeks ago, Jonathan Frakes (the voice of Xanatos) shows up as a suggestion, so I tweet him a little gag towards his role on the show connecting it back to me following Weissman, and just as soon as I follow Frakes, LeVar Burton appears as a suggestion (also appearing on the show as Anansi the Spider)!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
*mermaid man voice*
EEEEEEEEEEEEVIIIIIIIIIIILL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back