• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gangsta Rap vs. Rock

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Bear

Sexy Chocolate
Between these forms of music which do you think Is best? In the left corner we have the art of true gangsta style of rap which involves a lyrical focus on the lifestyles of inner-city gang members and criminals.In the right corner we have most anime fans,and pretty much the majority of everyone's favorite: Rock N roll.

In my oppinion I think Gangster rap Is pretty cool cuz like ta title infers, It's "Gangsta" and the lyrics are hella tight and unlike the main stream rappers there are much more different types of song themes.Which is without a doubt the best thing to happen to the music industry, no question about It.

Alright, as a side note; try not to flame to much I don't want this turning Into a bloodbath as much as people love to flame everybody..Please.. try and keep It on the downside.

Last edited:

Joe

Bronze Member
rap can be enjoyable, but I'm a rocker and by that I mean rock is practically the only music I listen to

Chaotic_Countess

Website
www.freewebs.com
Between these forms of music which do you think Is best? In the left corner we have the art of true gangsta style of rap which involves a lyrical focus on the lifestyles of inner-city gang members and criminals.In the right corner we have most anime fans,and pretty much the majority of everyone's favorite: Rock music and by that I mean all genres of It.

In my oppinion I think Gangster rap Is pretty cool cuz like ta title infers, It's "Gangsta" and the lyrics are hella tight and unlike the main stream rappers there are much more different types of song themes.Which is without a doubt the best thing to happen to the music industry, no question about It.

Alright, as a side note; try not to flame to much I don't want this turning Into a bloodbath as much as people love to flame everybody..Please.. try and keep It on the downside.

Was that really neceassary? Really?

Anyway, I think rock is better, but not rock like Fall Out Boy.

Rock like Adam Pascal.

I'm not really into 'gangsta', even though my conception of it is probably warped.

And why can you say only 'gangsta' rap but all rock?

=/ Isn't that slightly unfair?

Funky Bear

Sexy Chocolate
Was that really neceassary? Really?

Anyway, I think rock is better, but not rock like Fall Out Boy.

Rock like Adam Pascal.

I'm not really into 'gangsta', even though my conception of it is probably warped.

And why can you say only 'gangsta' rap but all rock?

=/ Isn't that slightly unfair?

No cuz we all know that there are more Gangsta rap fans then there are rock music fans. :p Though If you insist.. Rock N roll then. Whatever..

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Okay I like Rap but, not Gangsta Rap I use to but these new people like Rick Ross, T.I, Dem Franchize Boyz, etc. They are getting on my last nerves I mean actually I'm not even gonna call this rap period Gangsta Rap. Cause if you look at it the way I do you see its some kinda of Fad going around. Cause all of a sudden the best thing to listen to is Rick Ross Hustlin. Now its something else I mean these songs don't even run their full course cause now I don't know what is a good song to listen to.

As for Rock I'm not a Deep Rock (Deep as in I don't know Adam Pascal is) Rock right now in my opinon is the only thing I can listen to. I will listen to Hip Hop even though most of it is dead.

So far the only people I listen to with rap will be Kanye, Common, Lyfe, Outkast, Jay-Z, Field Mob, and Ludacris which is pretty much sad. Cause I use to listen almost anyone even Snoop Dogg a.k.a Snoopy but he changed after round bout 2002.

Trunks

Bronze Member
Awards
Underground Rap>Gangsta Rap> Rock, this was a tough choice, but i just like rap better :)

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Originally Posted by Fuzzy2k9 View Post
Between these forms of music which do you think Is best? In the left corner we have the art of true gangsta style of rap which involves a lyrical focus on the lifestyles of inner-city gang members and criminals.In the right corner we have most anime fans,and pretty much the majority of everyone's favorite: Rock music and by that I mean all genres of It.
That made me lol. Anyways I dont like "Gangsta rap" cause nowadays it seems everybody(in mainstream rap) is a "gangsta" and grew up in "da ghetto" or something, it becomes a bit repetitive after a while in my opinion. Now rock(mainstream) nowadays sounds all emo-wannabe and depressed and blah, and that to is repetitive and even more annoying to me than "Gangsta rap". In the end Real Rock and Rap is what I choose not the cliche shit that I hear nowadays, but that's just me.

Jurassic 5 > Paul Wall =P

Last edited:

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Rock, for the pure fact that it has instruments.

I want guitar riffs and bass/drum solos. Not beeps and boops.

I'd love to see 50 Cent write a WHOLE song. Not lyrics, but the music as well. And then play instruments.

Last edited:

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
They both have thier plus sides, and down sides, but rock comes out the victor. I mean, I love rap, but I can't get enough of that hardcore metal, -punk, ska, any of it.

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
haha, another chance to express my hatred for rap!!

rock actually takes talent, unlike rap, rap is annoying, I dont care if you say anything about "underground rap" , the fact is, its still rap....it sucks...

rock bands however are great, every song basically has some meaning....I cannot even begin to describe how great rock is, its just amazing....

if rock is "noise" to some, then please tell me what rap is....at least rock is fun to listen to.....rap is just a repeating noise with nothing but yelling....

old school rock is the greatest....

god that felt good to type....

sorry but rock completely owns any other music...

PS. there are ALOT more rock fans then you thought...

Last edited:

riku578

I prefer to liston to rap though i do have like 1 rock band which is basically evenesence other than them I'm totally into rap especially when i was born into rap(im from bk)

Last edited:

Black_Star

Stylin' on Ya
What the hell kind of poll is this? You put the worst of the worst from rap and rock as a whole. I don't even like rock that much, but it's probably better than the overused gangsta theme.

rap is just a repeating noise with nothing but yelling....
Since when did rap include yelling?

rock actually takes talent, unlike rap, rap is annoying, I dont care if you say anything about "underground rap" , the fact is, its still rap....it sucks...
Show me a rock artist that can brainstorm lyrics, make it rhyme and flow off the the top of their head.

Armony

Website
www.myspace.com
Ah the age old battle.

Rock.
End.Of.Story.

I dislike rap. To me it is simply pointless ramble. >>;
And since I am a big, big, big grammar enforcer....Rap has almost every grammatical error known to man. - Another reason I dislike it greatly.
x.X

So yes. Rock wins in my opinion.
<33

-thinks she has seen another of these somewhere- >>;

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Rap is good, but I hardly ever listen to music at all anymore. I just don't like Rock music. Some Rap I like some I don't. One rapper that I can say I dislike, is 50 cent. I use to like Fat Joe intill he was on wild n' out.lol

I don't like Rock at all, but lil jon can rap to some type of that music which is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back