• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

gaming habits 2.0

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Pokemon, I send out my weakest Pokemon (i.e., Magikarp) first, and then immediately switch to a stronger Pokemon so my Magikarp would get EXP.

That was before I knew about the EXP Share.

I did that, but on the boss battles, I would let my weak pokemon die first, doing as much damage as possible. Then, as I progressed deeper in my party, I did more and more damage, until I beat the boss with my last pokemon.

Suffice to say, I lost a lot.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
I get to a point in the game where I'm like "Oh hey, i'm pretty close to the end of the game" and then I unconsciously stop playing. For like, weeks. I'm like "I should probably finish that game", and then I don't.

This happens to me more than I care for as well.

Valentine Love

Website
www.myspace.com
When I was 7 my dad got Tekken 2 for PS and I used to jump up and down and pace when I played it.
When I play it against my friends today, I jump all over the place and walk around more than I used to.

Also in games that I enjoy cut scenes in, I'll save right before that cut scene and start and new file to continue on, so I can watch that cut scene as many times as I want to...
I've gone through at least five PS2 memory cards that way :/.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
When I was 7 my dad got Tekken 2 for PS and I used to jump up and down and pace when I played it.
When I play it against my friends today, I jump all over the place and walk around more than I used to.

I hope that is just in-game.

Also in games that I enjoy cut scenes in, I'll save right before that cut scene and start and new file to continue on, so I can watch that cut scene as many times as I want to...
I've gone through at least five PS2 memory cards that way :/.

That's ridiculous.

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
For fighting Games, I usually pick female characters. I tend to prefer agility and rapid attacks over strength.
I did too. And then I started playing with characters like Nightmare, and discovered the joy of hitting people with effing large weapons, even though they tend to be slower.

For Pokemon games, I allways pick a fire type as a starter and pick up a Magikarp so I can get Gyrados early.
Me too. I always start with a fire type. And then I'll pick up a Pidgey as soon as I leave the lab.

Oh God, I have no clue how many games I have that suffer that same neglect. I don't even need to be near the end for that to happen.
lol me too.
It usually happens when I get new games. I completely forget about the games that I was playing prior to that. =O
T.T poor games.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
I never finished Half Life Episode 2. I don't remember why.

Spic Steve

Awards
well, maybe. haha

I remember I couldn't beat something so I was like screw that.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I've also noticed that, for some reason, I start blinking far more than I need to in some games, most notable Touhou and AudioSurf, both of which require one's full attention.

Rae

AYY FUTURE FISH
Deep in the hundred acre wood where Christopher Ro
Website
kurotofu.tumblr.com
^watch out for sudden blackout.

Hnn, almost in every game I play, I get to level up first...so back in pokemon, when I fight the first gym, I was like, level 25 or so...(lmao utter pwnage), then back in KH2, when I fight that gigantic nobody, Roxas was...level 13 or what, 14? <<lol

in TWEWY, I would usually spam chain battles (another day: the crossroad, then after wiping out a chain-14, restart the another day, same location, again and again) until about 4 round before I sell most of the duplicate pins...

then in online games (notably ragnarok and rf), I'd always go for the safest location to farm exp...I'm not the "I'LL RIP YOUR BALLS OFF!" type of gamer...

and in general, whenever I meet the "game over" screen, only one thing comes out from my mouth: 'fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu--' (you know what I mean)

^For some reasons, it suddenly becomes a habit....

Also, whenever I use the pokeball, I'd just rampage on the a and b button by smashing on them like crazy...and that usually works wonder...to smash the DS.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
well, maybe. haha

I remember I couldn't beat something so I was like screw that.

Was it that damned bomb strider part? Where you have to protect some place? I hated that. . .

I'll get mad at something in a game that I can't beat (like the second to last boss in NGSigma) and not play the game for a month or two, then I'll be out of practise whenever I come back to play it and not be able to beat the boss again. . .So I'll probably never beat it.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Another thing is for most games, I have too have anything done the game.. I won't beat till it's 100% done..

In MMOs, I'm a event whore.. I have too have all the items you can keep forever form them lol.

Squall922

When I play Monster Hunter Freedom 2, I use my index finger to move the camera, which is the directional buttons.

In Guitar Hero, I also double hit the last note.

I do that in monster hunter too. it just seems more easier and more efficent that way and I also say a lot of random stuff to myself

Spic Steve

Awards
Thats a great idea. :D

Well, I reload after every kill I get in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back