• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

GameTrailers is dead, long live Easy Allies

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
DEFY Media has decided to shut down GameTrailers.

GT Time, Final Bosman and their video reviews were amazing. Going to miss them. :frown:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Re: RIP GameTrailers

What?? No, why?? That's so sudden =/

I'm really starting to think there's a curse on 2016, there's no other explanation.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

GT & Danial Bryan in 1 day, that Broncos win came at a cosmic cost.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

How they went out:
v0Hb.png

& might as well post this moment in history:
[video=youtube;WY1p8ZgvqYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY1p8ZgvqYM[/video]

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Game Trailers closing down.

Sorry sorry sorry if this is in teh wrong forum! My apologies to the mods if it is.

But Zephyr has been tweeting about this, and I just saw a article on this..here.

I am kinda sad to see them go, I really liked the explanation series they did for KH (With KHI, of course) before KH3 and hope that it can be saved on Youtube or something.. I understand they did a timeline too.

Rest in peace, is all i can say, and i hope KHI will have a alternative method to continue that series (youtube, perhaps?) if it becomes necessary. ^^

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

How they went out:
u0Hb.png

& might as well post this moment in history:
[video=youtube;WY1p8ZgvqYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY1p8ZgvqYM[/video]

I loved that video so much, definitely a highlight of the E3 ocassion.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Everything's fixed now and merged together. So no worries, guys.

Royce & Mueller

Well....on the upside, Gametrailers had THE WORST gaming community out there, bar none. Even IGN’s smorgasbord of twats couldn’t compare. The stuff on their comments and forums sections was the sort of stuff that gave you brain tumors after a single read.

But on the downside, out go all the originals and features. ....When you think about it, we never did get that Zelda or Metal Gear Timeline series... :(

EDIT: You know, this should probably be posted on the front page since KHI had some significant collaborations with GT.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

I'll never forget that GameTrailers is where I witnessed KH2 and Advent Children for the first time.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

I was just getting into their GT Time podcasts, goddamnit.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Their final video?
[video=youtube;sfBpxNDUUdA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfBpxNDUUdA[/video]

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I hope everyone who got let go can find new work soon. Maybe they can start a new company like Kinda Funny games with Greg Miller and co

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com

good night sweet prince

Always loved some of their shows like Pop Fiction, not to mention they were early on the scene when the internet was this hot new thing. Brandon Jones, the guy that always voiced stuff on GT, was always one of my favorites as well.

Royce & Mueller

They're being mum on that for the moment. I'm kinda curious as to the reason as well.

Money. The site was making practically no revenue with visits shambling way down. If you recall, it was bought up by another company a couple of years ago, but they essentially made nothing back on their investment.

To put it simply, the site had outlived its usefulness. Once upon a time, Gametrailers was the place for game trailers. Now, with Youtube and Twitch, it's become horribly irrelevant and outdated.

A story way too common. :< I used to work for a site (professionally, mind you!) that suffered the same fate.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Money. The site was making practically no revenue with visits shambling way down. If you recall, it was bought up by another company a couple of years ago, but they essentially made nothing back on their investment.

To put it simply, the site had outlived its usefulness. Once upon a time, Gametrailers was the place for game trailers. Now, with Youtube and Twitch, it's become horribly irrelevant and outdated.

A story way too common. :< I used to work for a site (professionally, mind you!) that suffered the same fate.

I figured as much. Sad to see such a legendary site gone down this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back