• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gametrailers Birth by Sleep Video Preview

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omegataco

Awards
You can tell that they're not very impressed, by the narrator, as well as the people who wrote the preview for him to recite. I see it getting an 8.4 at absolute best.

No. You obviously dont watch many of their previews. This one was just like any other preview of any other game that they do. Their previews are strictly just facts concerning the game and are free of bias. Reviews are where that comes in.

As for the narrator, his mood doesnt sound any different than any other review or preview.

Besides, scores are stupid as hell and are contradictory of the review itself often due to the high expectations people place on them. Ive read reviews of great games where the reviewer highly recommends the game but the game itself gets like a high 7. It is just how they generally calculate the score according to the gradings on the sub categories. It is what is in the review that matters, not the score. I shall enthrall the day that scores are gone for good.

Last edited:

sdr08

i like the guys review of BSS, but i didn't like him saying it was a fanservice game, towards the end

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
i like the guys review of BSS, but i didn't like him saying it was a fanservice game, towards the end

I remember him mentioning fanservice, but not in a negative way...

But if he did, at least he didn't mention KH3. Then I would rage like I did like with the Gamespot preview.

αsiя

space coke
I remember him mentioning fanservice, but not in a negative way...

But if he did, at least he didn't mention KH3. Then I would rage like I did like with the Gamespot preview.

Well everyone that isn't a KH freak want KH3 more than BBS. So KH3 > BBS for the non KH nerd fans.

sdr08

Hmm...? I don't think he said that. I'm very certain he said "Would this game provide enough fanservice with the story" not "This game is fanservice" :/
oh i just watched the video again, and you and sign were right, he didnt say that however he did say this game could drag the series down, at least they wont be disappointed lol

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
No. You obviously dont watch many of their previews. This one was just like any other preview of any other game that they do. Their previews are strictly just facts concerning the game and are free of bias. Reviews are where that comes in.

As for the narrator, his mood doesnt sound any different than any other review or preview.

Besides, scores are stupid as hell and are contradictory of the review itself often due to the high expectations people place on them. Ive read reviews of great games where the reviewer highly recommends the game but the game itself gets like a high 7. It is just how they generally calculate the score according to the gradings on the sub categories. It is what is in the review that matters, not the score. I shall enthrall the day that scores are gone for good.

We can agree to disagree, but I don't appreciate the attitude with which you made the first remark. I have been watching their videos since early 2007.

With that out of the way, the scores are important because not every gamer will bother to read/watch all reviews. Some just look at the number and make their call. Secondly, at least in this case, there's really not much of a difference between the preview and the review. The former just refers to a game that hasn't come out yet, and that they haven't completed yet. So, they have to hold their judgments. That doesn't necessarily mean that they haven't made any of those judgments yet. They're not huge fans of the series to begin with, so any new installment will be at a disadvantage. That's not a shot at GT. That's just human nature. Secondly, I do agree with your point on the separation of scores and the actual review. The review can have subtle but snide remarks that will mainly go unnoticed. The score has to cater to the KH fans of the GT fan-base, at least to an extent. So, it'll probably never get low scores. Again, it's not a shot at GT. It's marketing.

My only gripe with them is their bias against expansive stories that require critical thinking, as well as games that focus on those types of plots. Just because it's a preview, doesn't mean it can't have those sneaky under-the-radar comments of sarcasm. Now, if I'm wrong and the game gets a good score, then good. I don't like thinking that it'll get an average one. These are just my thoughts based on the contents of the preview, as well as the inflections of the narrator's voice.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
i didnt know if i should of made a whole new topic for this video...

anyway

[video=youtube;RqQBKGaU9AI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqQBKGaU9AI[/video]

are you all jealous he gets to play bbs before you :p

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Does SCEA like not know how to market anymore or what holy shit :l

Nobody's going to want a PSP because an annoying wannabe-gangsta child actor tells them to get one.

Lol I actually think the whole Marcus thing is kinda funny, but anyways...

Ikkin

Bronze Member
The Marcus thing isn't bad, but I like the sponsor for the PS3 better then him, he's funny...sometimes... <.<

Nah, I don't think Kevin Butler and Marcus are even comparable. XD; Butler's funny because Sony's basically making fun of themselves by putting words in the mouth of their VP of Everything ("you can't believe everything you read on the internet"). Marcus is just a really irritating kid whose personality has nothing to do with Sony or Playstation.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Nah, I don't think Kevin Butler and Marcus are even comparable. XD; Butler's funny because Sony's basically making fun of themselves by putting words in the mouth of their VP of Everything ("you can't believe everything you read on the internet"). Marcus is just a really irritating kid whose personality has nothing to do with Sony or Playstation.

I don't mind how they advertise though, since they both do it by poking fun at different companies, but I specifically like the last Marcus commercial the one where they made fun of the Iphone I think it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back