• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gamestop Promotional Stuff

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Only if the employee knows that they can sell it, sometimes it might be too much of a hassle for them so they just throw it out (it's a lot easier).

I don't think they are even allowed to keep it, so they wouldn't be able to do that at all unless they sneak it out because standard procedure is to throw it away (or give it to a customer, which isn't really allowed anyways)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I don't think they are even allowed to keep it, so they wouldn't be able to do that at all unless they sneak it out because standard procedure is to throw it away (or give it to a customer, which isn't really allowed anyways)

At all the Gamestops I've talked to that give them away, employees always get first dibs on keeping the promo stuff. Then, if nobody else wants it, customers come next. That is how it works for all the GSs by me at least ^_^

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
At all the Gamestops I've talked to that give them away, employees always get first dibs on keeping the promo stuff. Then, if nobody else wants it, customers come next. That is how it works for all the GSs by me at least ^_^

From the ones by me that I've asked, they tell me that they aren't allowed to keep it and they either trash it or they just bum it off on somebody. Probably different policies for different stores.

kupo1121

Awards
From the ones by me that I've asked, they tell me that they aren't allowed to keep it and they either trash it or they just bum it off on somebody. Probably different policies for different stores.

Yeah, the only actual policy at Gamestops is that after they are done, they should dispose of it in the trash. However, not only are they not recycling and hurting the environment, but they are destroying a truly great piece of art/merchandise, so I don't see why they wouldn't give it away, it really is the logical and ethical thing to do depending on how you view the situation.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm sure it's by a manager to manager basis.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, the only actual policy at Gamestops is that after they are done, they should dispose of it in the trash. However, not only are they not recycling and hurting the environment, but they are destroying a truly great piece of art/merchandise, so I don't see why they wouldn't give it away, it really is the logical and ethical thing to do depending on how you view the situation.

"because standard procedure is to throw it away" :|

Some just don't care about ruining the world xD

doortolight

Awards
going by my gamestop tomarrow, and will ask if any one claimed the one there yet.
Honestly, I think I already claimede it, (I asked them what are yall gonna do after the game comes out, they told me probably give away, and I said I want it.) but with how dumb people are around here he might not have caught the clear hint, or forgot

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
going by my gamestop tomarrow, and will ask if any one claimed the one there yet.
Honestly, I think I already claimede it, (I asked them what are yall gonna do after the game comes out, they told me probably give away, and I said I want it.) but with how dumb people are around here he might not have caught the clear hint, or forgot

Unless you gave them your name or phone number, you didn't really claim it.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Went by my local GS the other day to talk ask about their cut-out. He said they had to destroy it due to their store policy cause some end up on sites like ebay. But he said for me to stop by again on the 31st to see if there'd be anything he could do :)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
well I clained it today, didn't have to tell him that info though because I'm such a regular that he already knows it

Okay. The problem with not writing a name down is just that other employees might promise it to another customer without knowing.

Inarx

Nope. I went over there to buy it yesterday, and there was nothing at all. It wasn't even on the shelves. I asked the cashier to make check if they even had it, and luckily he pulled it out from behind the counter, I think there were about three copies.

doortolight

Awards
Okay. The problem with not writing a name down is just that other employees might promise it to another customer without knowing.

he wrote it down, he just didn't have to ask for may name since he already knew it.
Besides in a hick town like dublin GA no one else would have wanted it any way

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
tumblr_m7jqvzU5FN1qjeo9to1_1280.jpg

I will give my soul for this poster. I would rather have this 10-1 than the stand.

Last edited:

Key Wielder

Awards
I agree completely, Seta. I saw that in my GameStop and went nuts for it. <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Wow that poster does look cool, it looks like they are promoting KH3D with the 3Ds. I guess think KH3D might improve 3DS sales

kupo1121

Awards
I'm not a fan of that poster...I mean, it is just the coverart. If I wanted a 2D version of the coverart...oh wait, I will have a 2D version of the coverart...on the package of the game lol xP I'll call around and see if I can get it just to get it because I'll take anything and everything KH, but I kind of wish they used different art, but it is promotional so I'm not shocked they are using the coverart, what better way to promote your product than showing what it should look like in stores.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wow that poster does look cool, it looks like they are promoting KH3D with the 3Ds. I guess think KH3D might improve 3DS sales

Well you know, the case in the MoM would look splendidly on that purple~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back