• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gamestop Promotional Stuff

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I claimed the cutout at the store I preordered from but I have no idea what I'm doing with it. xD

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
I haven't been to Gamestop since I preordered the game, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a cutout there, the Gamestops around here love Kingdom Hearts, they get a bit friendlier whenever I tell them that's what I'm there for.

Retro

Awards
Dang, maybe when I go back I could ask for that cut out... I have no idea what I'd do with it though

If I were you, I'd just rearrange the part that's sticking out so I could hang it on my wall. That's just me though, lol. I don't have enough room for it to sit on the ground

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Don't we have a thread like this?

Yeah we do somewhere, and not for just Jap. stores. This cutout is actually an NA exclusive and wasn't in Jap. stores and I distinctly remember SE's Twitter posting an image of this cutout before it was sent out to stores and there was a thread on here about it. I may not always remember stuff...but when I do, it is about KH merchandise -__-

Anyways, I couldn't find the old thread where we originally discussed the cutout, but I posted that GameStop's had received this cutout in a KH3D Promotional Store Thread a few weeks ago.

GameStops are supposed to throw their promotional stuff out after they are done with them, but they usually give them out (some GameStops said to me "I'm sorry, we cannot give these things out as we have to throw them out." I asked if I could get it from their trash and they said "If you go through our trash that is illegal," so basically saying that they have to hurt the environment by not recycling this beautiful promo, stupid GameStops >_<). Employees gets first dibs on all promotional stuff, but if they don't want them, other people can take them off their hands. However, this specific cutout has been claimed very fast. I called 2 days after GameStops were supposed to receive them and so far, I have claimed 6 cutouts from different GameStops, am 2nd in waiting at another, 4 have not gotten one yet, and 1 is going to raffle it off (which I'll enter anyways because it can't hurt to have another). I called every GameStop in North Jersey and NYC...well over 30 different stores and now they are all claimed by someone or being thrown away afterwards because some GameStops can't grasp the concept of recycling ;D

What am I going to do with it you ask? Admire it and place it next to my shelves upon shelves of KH merchandise!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katsagu

Awards
It looks so good *.* Why dont i have stores in my country with this stuff

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Yeah, I think nearly all of the Gamestops in my area have those cut outs. So I might have a chance.

I claimed the cutout at the store I preordered from but I have no idea what I'm doing with it. xD

Exactly. I actually have enough space, but I don't like to have a lot of clutter lying around (with the need to be dusted often). I actually really dislike the Circle Pad Pro advert in the upper right corner. If I could somehow remove Mickey, Sora, and Riku, I'd just hang them on my wall like posters.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
You know, this statement actually makes me proud of myself for holding out on that a bit. There are still idiots who come up to me and say KH3D is pointless and milking the series... but I just politely let them know that KH3D is pretty Kingdom Hearts 3 on a handheld... just remove the D lol and then just walk off. They still don't agree, but you know in my head I just think "it's their loss." I mean, they complain about not playing a KH game since 2006, that's entirely their fault. There are KH games out there, if they don't think they're important, it's their loss.

I obviously agree with 3D being hugely important, but I've always disagreed with the "BBS/3D is basically KH3, just on a handheld" mentality. No. Just no. KH3 will have an even larger scope than either title. Not that these titles can't be just as important as KH3, especially in the grand scheme of things, but no.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I obviously agree with 3D being hugely important, but I've always disagreed with the "BBS/3D is basically KH3, just on a handheld" mentality. No. Just no. KH3 will have an even larger scope than either title. Not that these titles can't be just as important as KH3, especially in the grand scheme of things, but no.

Well, it kind of is. I mean, Square Enix never mentioned "KH3" or "PS3" when KH2 came out and when KH2FM came out. They were advertising BBS in the secret ending. Obviously that was going to be the next "big scale" game. And to be honest, I found it to be "bigger" than KH2 and KH1 ever were so... yeah. Agree to disagree, I guess.

Although if you prefer a better analogy, here's one. To me, wanting KH3 to come out right now is like watching a TV show and expecting them to skip the entire middle act of the season just to get to the finale. I think, more than anything, that's a better analogy for it.

But hey, this is my last post about this subject because if I keep it up, I might get in trouble, SO to make this post legitimate and actually related to the topic, I will close with the following statement:

My Gamestop sucks ;_;

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
My Gamestop has the cut-out stand.
I kinda want it, but I have absolutely nowhere to put it.
Not even sure if me Grandmother would let me keep it anyways. :/

Got_it_Memorized

Awards
Went into my gamestop today and they had the stand hiding in the corner and i asked if i could have it.
the head guy there said he would give it to me if i came in on the day of the release.
I get more excited for this game every day.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I think I am just going to go to my local Gamestop now and see if they have a cut-out I can take. XD I really want one.

Unumus

Awards
I haven't gone to my GS, but when I do - hopefully this week - I'll inquire about the stand, that is, if I see it. >.>

Kamichamadude

I saw the stand first here on the forums, and then I was at my local gamestop (where a friend works) and I watched her put up the stand. Since I was the first person to see it I definitely laid claim, and she said she would call me when they planned to take it down :D

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
In all the local gamespots around me they all have the poster thing. I really want to try to get it, but I either get it's already been claim or they won't let me cause they don't take claims. I'm still gonna try though.

Unumus

Awards
That's something that I'm kind of worried that will happen. I hope that they'll let me take like a poster or something... It would suck if I couldn't take anything.

Roro

Awards
I want that cardboard cut out display lol it looks so colorful, I bet my gamestop doesn't have one though :/

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I don't know what I'd do with a cardboard cutout so I'm not asking for one. But I will ask for the monitor displaying the commercial!
kruemelmonster.gif

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, I really have no use for a cardboard cutout but I'd love a poster if they had one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back