• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

GameStop Pre-Order Bonus Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Comic Con actually started today. My teacher was conveniently out today and had told us he was going there "strickly for business." >.>

As far as I know, everyone I know also got the cover, whether they preordered or not. I guess there were had a lot of extras then?

Either that or there was a printing error. IDEK.

Ryukashi17

I just don't see what the big deal is. Most of us would preorder the game anyway, so what's wrong with getting a little something extra even if it just decals for your PSP? I mean look, Japan got the bundle pack because that is the series' country of origin, so this is just their way of being semi-exclusive.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
I just don't see what the big deal is. Most of us would preorder the game anyway, so what's wrong with getting a little something extra even if it just decals for your PSP? I mean look, Japan got the bundle pack because that is the series' country of origin, so this is just their way of being semi-exclusive.

I'd rather get an art book or something along those lines than some shitty decals, but I don't know, I probably just demand too much of my fandom.

EDIT:

And yeah, I get that Japan gets all the good stuff because it's the country of origin, but if Australia and UK are getting special editions, why not NA?

Ryukashi17

I say to just be glad that SE even gives you something, but I do agree that an art book would be a nice collectible.

impart

Climb The Sky
1) You might not get the case
2) You are not guaranteed a preorder gift
3) It's just a regular PSP, you can probably find a cheaper one online or something

I'm not saying don't preorder the bundle...I just think it has it's pros and cons.

yeah also. the new PSP's need $15 adapters if you want to plug in your headphones. so if you're buying a psp get one you can plug your damn headphones into.
I didn't get a case

but it was a good deal
cence they threw in a 2 gig memory card
Advent Children
and the game
for $200
but im pissed about the cover

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
I say to just be glad that SE even gives you something

That'd be like you having a birthday party and all you get are a pair of old gym socks, and when you say something about it someone says, "Well, just be glad you got *something*."

But whatever. I'm getting the game, I've made my own skin, so it doesn't really matter at the end of the day.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I don't think anyone is necessarily angry, but people just hope that they can get their hands on something someone else is across the sea (but as seen with Japan-exclusives, that doesn't happen often). Also, I didn't know Comic-con started today, thanks for the update. I do know that G4 is having live coverage of it starting Satruday though, which I will toon into btw lol XP

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
That'd be like you having a birthday party and all you get are a pair of old gym socks, and when you say something about it someone says, "Well, just be glad you got *something*."

Not really. These bonuses aren't birthday gifts or anything. It's more like if you went to Subway and they had an offer where those who buy a meal get a .50 cent discount. Sure getting .50 cents off doesn't matter that much, but atleast you don't have to pay full price.

I think people were expecting too much here... I didn't even think there was going to be a bonus and in all honesty, who gives a crap about the bonus? Even if it was one of those artbooks or whatever, I wouldn't care for them that much. All that matters is the game. Again, just be glad they atleast got you a bonus. They could've easily just given you nothing.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I agree, a bonus is a bonus, and it's free, so people shouldn't be expecting much because all it is, is SE or the company making the game putting out more money for the people who reserved it. If they are putting out extra money for the fans (which is nice), I doubt they are making state of the art material for them.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
Not really. These bonuses aren't birthday gifts or anything. It's more like if you went to Subway and they had an offer where those who buy a meal get a .50 cent discount. Sure getting .50 cents off doesn't matter that much, but atleast you don't have to pay full price.

I think people were expecting too much here... I didn't even think there was going to be a bonus and in all honesty, who gives a crap about the bonus? Even if it was one of those artbooks or whatever, I wouldn't care for them that much. All that matters is the game. Again, just be glad they atleast got you a bonus. They could've easily just given you nothing.

Read the rest of my post. At the end of the day, I really don't give a shit, as long as I get the game. Would I have liked something better than some stickers? Sure, but I preordered the game for the game itself, not a bonus.

Wheels

gaaaaay!!! :(

hahaha I got so screwed then!
im mad at my gamestop now
grrrrrrrrr :mad:
Might be a region thing. This was in Australia, so I think our bundle was a little different. He didn't get Advent Children, but he definitely got a Dissidia PSP case, Silver PSP, Dissidia, Memory Card, the AC adaptor and Dissidia decals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back