• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gamestop Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Official Strategy Guide

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm gonna head by my local GS and see if they have it now....I have every guide that came out from Bradygames since KH1 lol (I got the Master Form KH2 Cover :( ), and they really aren't that helpful, I would say GameFAQs sometimes are just as helpful if not moreso then the guides. Also, not including the limited edition guide, the rest of the ones all have the main coverart...KH1, KH2 (not preordered one), Days, CoM, and now Bbs, so I'm now shocked at the cover. The only reason I would recommend getting it is because they do have nice art in them.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I know it'll be out before the game, but to be out right NOW.....but even on the site it says it won't ship until the 31st of August. But if it's out already, I'll be heading out to get it right now.

if it aint shipping till then

dont bother to go

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
Well I love the guides and love the pictures and what-not, so this is for me. Plus I already pre-ordered it with the game, so...

I just wish they'd say how many pages it is. It'll be interesting to know, seeing as how long the game is with just the scenarios. If the KH2 guide was that thick at just over 350 pages, this book should bee pretty big.

Also every guide has come with some type of foldout or a poster. What do you guys think this one will be?

I'm thinking either something for the Mirage Arena, just another thing for synthesizing or items, or a sticker system for the in-game stickers (like they did with the Dalmations in the KH1 guide.)

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Some guides have posters if I recall?
If it does, I'll get it.
If it doesn't, I'll get it. :p
Useless it may be, but it is to pretty to pass up.

kupo1121

Awards
Well I love the guides and love the pictures and what-not, so this is for me. Plus I already pre-ordered it with the game, so...

I just wish they'd say how many pages it is. It'll be interesting to know, seeing as how long the game is with just the scenarios. If the KH2 guide was that thick at just over 350 pages, this book should bee pretty big.

If you look at past guides compared to new guides...guides for games seem to be getting very thick. KH1 and CoM was quite small, and the old Pokemon guides and many old guides were quite thin. Nowadays, KH2, even Days, have extremely thick guides, including the new Pokemon games, LBP, and more. So I wouldn't be shocked if this guide is quite thick considering it should include maps of every world, lots of pictures, all three guides, synthesis stuff, enemy lists, help for the storyline, tips on the minigames, and more....so the guide should be quite thick I would think somewhere around the Days guide.

teardrop

I won't get it. Twenty bucks for a strategy guide when I can use IGN's walkthroughs for free? Nah.

The pictures are nice though. But I won't buy it just for the pretty pictures. I'll flip through it at Wal-Mart or Gamestop, same way I did for Days.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Don't necessarily need it, but getting it because I love the pictures and whatnot.

Miles The Fox

Website
cosmotails.deviantart.com
I don't know...

will this 'official' guide also contain all secrets, items, synthesisis recipes for the game?
Because the picture makes the book look really small.
Compared to the unofficial guide of Kingdom Hearts II i bought at Piggyback Interactive, which was rather thick and had all secrets, tips and tricks included (awesome guide)

If this Birth by Sleep guide is 'complete' with everything possible in the game, then i will buy it,
otherwise I'll probably wait for Piggyback Interactive for making an unofficial guide.

Fortissimo

I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

I like to collect strategy guides. So I am going to get it when I pick the game up.

Same here. But I like to make my play-through as close to 100% as possible as well. Also, there may be a little mini poster inside, can't pass that up.

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
My favorite guide so far is the KHII guide, but only asthetically. It looks the best, but is one of the worst as far as actual help with the storyline. I know the KH2 gameplay is very linear and easy to follow, but there's little-to-no description of what to do, even with the boss fights. Unlike the KH1 guide, which helps you step by little step.

But still the KH2 one had some very good designs in it...

Shadowrelm 150

In a world of shadows... AKA Surrey, England
I don't know...

will this 'official' guide also contain all secrets, items, synthesisis recipes for the game?

I don't know. When the guide for Pokemon Platinum came out, the pictures online made it look very thin. While in reality the book is huge!

Compared to the unofficial guide of Kingdom Hearts II i bought at Piggyback Interactive, which was rather thick and had all secrets, tips and tricks included (awesome guide)

Piggyback are good imo, but they might split the info into two books like they did with the Pokemon D/P/HG/SS guides. But then again all of the info on Kingdom Hearts 2 was in their guide so I might be wrong.

But never the less, nice find OP and I will be getting this :p. Mainly because the KH2 guide really helped me out and I'm sure this one will too ^^

kupo1121

Awards
I don't know...

If this Birth by Sleep guide is 'complete' with everything possible in the game, then i will buy it,
otherwise I'll probably wait for Piggyback Interactive for making an unofficial guide.

So far from all the guides I have they are pretty complete...from the entire storyline down to where every little chest or secret thing is they generally cover everything that the game has in it so I think it is a good buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back