• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gamestop Employees: Weird?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Not really sure if this is the right section, but uh..
Yeah. Had this on my mind after a visit to gamestop.
Is anybody else sort of wary of their employees?

Like for instance. One time I went into gamestop, simply picked up and looked at Final Fantasy I and some 300 pound girl starts elephant charging me to tell me how great of a game it is, why it's a great game, and why I should buy it for a half hour while I completely ignore her and look around at some other games.

Another example is me picking up Street Fighter 3 (aww yeah, had a fun night that night after about 4 of my buddies and I sat in the middle of a room with our psps screaming "FUCKING HADOUKEN BITCH!" until 4 in the morning) and your average joe walks up to me and asks me if I'll go get my PSP out of the car and play him.
sad enough I did anyways.
I've also had a gamestop employee hit on my mom.

Anyways, discuss:
Odd Gamestop workers
Weird experiences at game stores
related crap.

Ahnsem_T3H_Wise

I don't think they're that weird, some of my friends work there and they're nice and we go bowling on sunday, I usually lose, but it's okay, it's usually not a competition, because no one can beat James, so they're pretty nice.

CLOUD IS BEST KH CHARACTER IMO. Dogwut

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
They're retail stores. Of course they're going to tell you how great an item is so they can make money.

On the other hand not all GS employees are like the one you encountered. The two GS I go to down here, both have really cute chicks working there with pretty nice personalities. And that's not just my opinion, litterally more than half of the guys that go to the stores try getting with them. It's so sad, but every time I go in I see it happening, and then, there are the stories <.<

I have quite a few friends that work at GS as well. Off the top of my head I can count maybe 5 of them. They're mad cool people to chill with. Everyone's different in their own way. But yeah, I'm sure there are weirdos that work at GameStop. Just like there are strange people who work at Wal Mart, and anywhere else you'll shop.

But I live in a very diverse area, and on the whole, I dont find anything out of the norm with the workers.

(Oh and although it does indirectly relate to games, I would have picked discussions or forum insanity for this thread)

Edit: I'd probably holla at your mom if she's hot too.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
You do seem to have a bad case of intrusive employitis, but what can you do. Most of the people who get jobs there are younger, often 360/PS3/Wii-sucks-tards and think it'll be cool to hang out at Gamestop all day. It's convenient and fun for them, and often they'll just be wierd oscially because of it.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Start up a thread on /v/ asking for Gamestop stories and you'll get two hundred replies in the space of a couple of hours, enough of which will be interesting or weird.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I don't know why people moan about GameStop all the time though. All the time on the net, it never fails. If the place bothers you that much, I'm pretty sure there are other places that sell video games. I know I go to BestBuy, Toys R Us, Target, do a bit O' online shopping here and there. I mean, seriously.....

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I have some stories I could tell about there employees, but it would take too long. They don't know their shit, nuff said.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
Gamestop employees: Stereotypical

At least the one's I've encountered :p

A

Azrael

I wanted to buy Dead Space and ended up being invited for a BJ by this chick I knew from eighth grade.

Firo

Oh Crap
There was this one guy who worked at the GS I usually go to, this guy was...the MOST annoying fucker i've ever met.
I'd ask about a games release date. And I swear, this guy either thought he was a good salesman, or...well nothing explains his behavior.
This guy would clutch at straws the whole time I was in the store (30 min-1 hour) just trying to get me to reserve a game.
But what puts him above any other GS experience i've had. He ran out to my car and asked if wanted to reserve this game again.
The dude followed me out to my car. I already told the guy I was asking for a friend not for myself.
Guess what he does next?
He tries to get me to reserve the game for my friend.
After that, he was never seen at GS again. All I got when I asked about him was "Ben is no longer employed with Gamestop"

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I've never been to Gamestop, so I wouldn't know.

My experiences with employees of game stores are all fairly good, though. No annoying employees forcing me to buy things, nothing. They just stand there and help out if you need it.

Need as in, ask for it.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
One time I bought Loco Roco 2 brand new and they didn't give me a sealed copy, I wasn't bothered, so I pay my money wander off, and once I sat down in Pizza Hut to pop it in my PSP.
LOW AND BEHOLD, WTF? I end up with MGS: Portable Ops instead.

So I ran back to Gamestation and was all "whut is des shet"
Of course I threw the receipt away because I was a douchebag, I wanted a refund, but the girl who SERVED ME, like 40 minutes before hand denied she did.

Long story short I threw a shit fit, they gave me a $20 voucher, and a SEALED COPEH OF LOCO ROCO 2.
roflz.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
I don't really have any funny stories, but the last time I was in there, I was picking up Heavy Rain. The guy seemed pretty cool, said he was excited for months about the game and couldn't wait to get home tonight to play it. Not too bad, I 'spose.

NumberVIII

When I went to gamestop earlier today, the one guy had never played Final Fantasy or KH, didn't know shit about either, and the second one hated both of them and said FFX sucked majorly. ._.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
When I went to gamestop earlier today, the one guy had never played Final Fantasy or KH, didn't know shit about either, and the second one hated both of them and said FFX sucked majorly. ._.

holy shit that IS weird. Employees with opinions different from yours. They must be freaks!

This thread should be changed to General Gamers: Weird?

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
Long story short I threw a shit fit, they gave me a $20 voucher, and a SEALED COPEH OF LOCO ROCO 2.
roflz.

I love this.

I'm surprised they pulled something like that in the first place :D

Back