• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gamespot review

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
What? They gave it a lower number score than Days? Stop looking at number ratings. They are retardedly placed. I wish they would do a rotten tomatoes type thing where it's either a negative or positive. Thumbs up Thumbs down like Siskel and Ebert.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
the fact is that the game is a remake, they only add Female characters and extra dialogue. Remake version> Psp new kh game?

The remake doesn't change the fact [and it's a downsized port, not a remake] that the original game was excellent.

Lets compare:

I can smell stupidity.

Gameplay Wise: KH wins

Forging social link with others. Going through character development with them. Gaining Persona. Leveling them up. Fusing with other persona to make better persona. A good turn-based combat system. And you have to be careful with your decisions and a good/bad ending which depends on your decision-making. Clearly, Persona 3 win.

Graphics: Kh win

OH huzzah. IT HAS BETTER GRAPHICS. Atlus does not have the large budget that KH does. Atlus is a less-privelage company than Square-Enix, thus they have to do with what they have. So it's downright ignorant that you expect Atlus to work on giving it excellent graphics with the limited budget they have.

Sound: Kh wins

It depends on whether you like hip-pop j-pop stuff, but it has a few orchestral and techno pieces. It suits the settings.
Voice acting: I havent play usa version yet i cant give opinion

Persona 3 definitely has already win. If theres one thing Atlus can do, it's script writing and execution.

Story: Person 3 story is kinda boring, kh win

Oh yes. Many side-characters stories that is accessed through the social links. A main story which is basic and uninteresting at the beginning, but its saved by a great cast of characters who manage to keep your interest... and once you get far, you have to deal with the mourning of a certain character who dies, which clearly shows that the characters are teenagers and human. And you get to a point where you have to make a decision and go forth to fight Death. Plus numerous hilarious scenes where they act like teenager and have a great time on their holidays?

The storyline of Persona is far superior. I'm fine if you don't like it, but I for one love Persona 3 and I'm rather annoyed that you called the 'reviewer' biased and stupid because he gave another game a better review than Birth by Sleep.

Screw Birth by Sleep. It's a great Action RPG and I played it myself, completed it in Japanese and went through a lot of extras. It's an excellent KH game. But compared to Persona, no chance.

Skykh

The remake doesn't change the fact [and it's a downsized port, not a remake] that the original game was excellent.

I can smell stupidity.

Forging social link with others. Going through character development with them. Gaining Persona. Leveling them up. Fusing with other persona to make better persona. A good turn-based combat system. And you have to be careful with your decisions and a good/bad ending which depends on your decision-making. Clearly, Persona 3 win.

OH huzzah. IT HAS BETTER GRAPHICS. Atlus does not have the large budget that KH does. Atlus is a less-privelage company than Square-Enix, thus they have to do with what they have. So it's downright ignorant that you expect Atlus to work on giving it excellent graphics with the limited budget they have.

It depends on whether you like hip-pop j-pop stuff, but it has a few orchestral and techno pieces. It suits the settings.

Persona 3 definitely has already win. If theres one thing Atlus can do, it's script writing and execution.

Oh yes. Many side-characters stories that is accessed through the social links. A main story which is basic and uninteresting at the beginning, but its saved by a great cast of characters who manage to keep your interest... and once you get far, you have to deal with the mourning of a certain character who dies, which clearly shows that the characters are teenagers and human. And you get to a point where you have to make a decision and go forth to fight Death. Plus numerous hilarious scenes where they act like teenager and have a great time on their holidays?

The storyline of Persona is far superior. I'm fine if you don't like it, but I for one love Persona 3 and I'm rather annoyed that you called the 'reviewer' biased and stupid because he gave another game a better review than Birth by Sleep.

Screw Birth by Sleep. It's a great Action RPG and I played it myself, completed it in Japanese and went through a lot of extras. It's an excellent KH game. But compared to Persona, no chance.

ok, you win i dont want do argue with u if i argue with you we got a long post of unrelevant post of this topic, i rarely post here and other forums i actually got a life, but the someone with more 10000 posts should really get a life

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
other forums i actually got a life, but the someone with more 10000 posts should really get a life

Wow. You don't want to argue and I can understand that. But you went on to insult me [and others possibly] by saying we have no life, posting excessive long post [and this is not long. I can do long post if I try hard] and that having more than 10,000 post, we automatically have no life? Fucking hell, what's wrong with a simple 'each to their own'.

Skykh

I dont insult you, each human have different opinion and taste about games,clothes.... so i respect that u like Persona more. If u feel insulted i apologize to u

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I dont insult you, each human have different opinion and taste about games,clothes.... so i respect that u like Persona more. If u feel insulted i apologize to u

It's not the different taste and such. It's the fact that you said to me that I have no life for my long post, which automatically insults everyone because like me, they write long post. That's my main problem.

And apology accepted.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
wtf??
one of the reasons they lowered the score was for long loading times
even though there was an install option??
how dumb can they be
this game is easily 8.5/10

marcoreo

Awards
wtf??
one of the reasons they lowered the score was for long loading times
even though there was an install option??
how dumb can they be
this game is easily 8.5/10

apparently even tho i dont believe it he said it has long loading times even if you data install BS
anyway i watched the reviews for other kh games on gamespot and to me the others have alot more negative stuff said about them then this one.
The reviewer even says that this is a step forward in "alot of ways and the negative parts are usual to the series"
so this kh game should clearly have gotten a better grade
this shows how much the actual reviewer matters because ifanother gamespot reviewer gave it a 9 it would have been Gamespot gave kingdom hearts 9

Trimms

1. The loading times are still long with data install.
2. This review is completely fair. I would give the game an 8 out of 10. I LOVED it, and I love most of KH, but simply, it has some big flaws. Obviously it's hard to comment on Terra's VA but I'm not going to lie, he seemed rubbish from the trailer that came out.

Just calm down. If he gave it a 7.5 of 10... so what...? Why do you all care so much about one person's opinion? It isn't going to affect sales. It's a 7.5. Not a 5. Plus, I feel like most of you who are angry have yet to play the game! So just shut up and wait for it to come out.

Xattm

-Does not appreciate Jason bashing D:<-

For some reason, this guy seemed even more biased than IGN to me.

I think Gamespot in general has been biased for a long time. The stuff they complained about made no sense. Like someone else said, they skipped over lots of elements in the game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't even get why you guys get annoyed about the reviews. You are going to play it. Should you matter what others say?

This game isn't the best game created, but it isn't like it got the worst score either. 7.5, 8.5, 8, it is all going to average to an 8 which means it is a good game.

I will say it because it is true but we all are biased. They like one thing, we like KH. I'm sure if you got a random gamer off of the street, they'd rate an 8 as well. Some of us would give it a 9 and others would rate i a 6. Seriously, personal bias is natural and not everybody is going to be enraptured by the game.

Sempied

This is coming from a site that has the intelligence of youtube comments people. (Even someone like IGN cn easily one up these asshats) I stopped taking it seriously the moment it addressed Terra's voice acting.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This is coming from a site that has the intelligence of youtube comments people. (Even someone like IGN cn easily one up these asshats) I stopped taking it seriously the moment it addressed Terra's voice acting.

Same here. I mean, it was pretty unprofessional to bash the voice acting and call Jason a random bum from off the street, or whatever they said. I stopped watching about halfway through.

Sempied

Same here. I mean, it was pretty unprofessional to bash the voice acting and call Jason a random bum from off the street, or whatever they said. I stopped watching about halfway through.
Gamespot is unprofessional. If the forum mods there allow a topic to go off topic they merely let run rampant, if someone makes a thread devoted to the chatting the mods lock it. The fact alone as well that they rated Days higher than this says enough to merely slap, punch, kick, etc the reviewer, and make your day to your own opinion.

Awards
And again. This topic going to prove my point. "THIS GAI IS BIASED. NO ONE SHOULD LISTEN TO THE REVIEWS. RAH RAH RAH".

I'm not even going to say that the score is too low, but this guy really loses any credibility when he rates Days higher.
Seriously, Days an 8.0 and BbS a 7.5? That puts BbS at the second to last in terms of Gamespot reviews (Re:CoM got a 6.5- though CoM got a 7.7).

If BbS is a 7.5, Days is a 6.5 at best. 95% recycled music/enemies/worlds, extremely repetitive missions, and a watered down battle system with an overall uninspiring story.

I am by no means fanboying over this, it just makes no sense. At the very least, I'd expect them to be moderately consistent.

1. KH2 - 8.7
2. KH1 - 8.2
3. Days - 8.0
4. CoM - 7.7
5. BbS - 7.5
6. Re:CoM - 6.5

Haha, what?

Sempied

1. KH2 - 8.7
2. KH1 - 8.2
3. Days - 8.0
4. CoM - 7.7
5. BbS - 7.5
1, and 2 = Wait...What? Did they really?

BbS went below CoM? Alright wheres the bitchslap button for Gamespot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back