• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

GameSpot Re:Coded review

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
I'll still get the game eventually, I don't rely on reviews any more, but it's still a shock.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Honestly might skip this one now that I think about it. I need to save my money.

Dark Wing

Awards
its really not as bad as the so called "experts" are making it out to be. i do agree the story is kinda stale (but then again it IS based off of a cell phone game) and i don't quite get the whole digitized journal worlds thing but since when has a kingdom hearts game had to make sense =P in my opinion the gameplay and combat system more than make up for its short comings. i find it quite enjoyable myself

Revolution

Honestly, if you look at the bads...

- Camera, which most KH games have had trouble with. You should be used to it.
- The worlds are going to be small. It's like CoM was on the GBA, not huge, sprawling BBS, KH1/2 worlds. The DS only has a limit
- The story does return to its KH1 themes, but it is worth it for the story I think.

It's all person to person.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not surprised, but I think these reviewers are biased anyways. Of course I'm biased as well because I like KH.

If you are a KH fan, you already know the camera is going to suck. The camera isn't even that bad in my opinion. Sure, it is crappy, but if you know how to use it it doesn't get in the way. It practically becomes second nature to keep a finger on the R button.

The story is what we got in KH1 and CoM, but that doesn't make this game less enjoyable. I think the script is adorable. And I don't know what people were expecting from a mobile phone game port.

Worlds will be short because this is a DS game that is pushing the limits of the system's graphics. We aren't playing this game on the PSP or PS2 where there is more room. -sigh-

The gameplay definitely overrules anything that is bad with this game because it is entertaining and fun to play.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I'm not surprised, but I think these reviewers are biased anyways. Of course I'm biased as well because I like KH.

If you are a KH fan, you already know the camera is going to suck. The camera isn't even that bad in my opinion. Sure, it is crappy, but if you know how to use it it doesn't get in the way. It practically becomes second nature to keep a finger on the R button.

The story is what we got in KH1 and CoM, but that doesn't make this game less enjoyable. I think the script is adorable. And I don't know what people were expecting from a mobile phone game port.

Worlds will be short because this is a DS game that is pushing the limits of the system's graphics. We aren't playing this game on the PSP or PS2 where there is more room. -sigh-

The gameplay definitely overrules anything that is bad with this game because it is entertaining and fun to play.
they are actually longer than the BBS worlds :/ and don't give me that "you have to count all three characters visit to each world" they were too short. I like RE:coded a lot,and the whole camera issue was easily fixed in the CONFIG section in the start menu, and people complaining about the platforming, Idk what to tell you, tweak the CONFIG settings, I disabled auto jump, and I have only missed what..like two jumps so far, and I've jumped onto many ledges and blocks lol just adjust the controls to your liking and enjoy the game for what it is, A VIDEO GAME on the Nintendo DS handheld system.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I didn't say they were shorter than the BBS worlds. I just meant they are shorter than what you'd see from a game on the PSP or PS2.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I didn't say they were shorter than the BBS worlds. I just meant they are shorter than what you'd see from a game on the PSP or PS2.
I never said you said that. I just said they are longer than BBS worlds, which is nice. (stuck on the Wonderland boss*Critical mode*)

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Re:coded is fine gameplay-wise but for the storyline, it's kinda natural for us to feel a bit disappointed and irritated since it's mirroring Kingdom Hearts one yet again. Personally, it would've been nicer if Jiminy used Sora's KH II's journal instead of the first.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Re:coded is fine gameplay-wise but for the storyline, it's kinda natural for us to feel a bit disappointed and irritated since it's mirroring Kingdom Hearts one yet again. Personally, it would've been nicer if Jiminy used Sora's KH II's journal instead of the first.
we already got a rehash of kh2 with days..sorta. lol beast castle, twilight town, the world that never was, and um..well it had sanctuary and stuff in it XD maybe the mystery game is -kingdom hearts coded 2- where we find out Jiminys kh2 journal is all messed up because goofy used it as his diary and caused all these "blox" to appear.

Dowhax

Bronze Member

And what? Play sing-a-long with Alantica again possibly?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'd rather not relive KH2, thank you.

And the only reason it is KH1/CoM plot because of the fact that is when Riku's memories leaked into Sora through Xion.

Tatsu

It's really a shame they put such unique gameplay in the KH game that is by far the worst in terms of story. If they put this in KH3D or KH3, that would've been perfect. But in such an overall forgettable entry (yes, I played it and it is pretty forgettable), this is pretty disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back