• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

gamespot E3 noruma interview

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arausio

Celtic God of Water
dont know if this is new but here it its!!

GameSpot: How was KH: Birth by Sleep received in Japan?

Tetsuya Nomura: After its release, Birth by Sleep was praised as the best KH title on the PSP. I think the reason for this is because it was developed in an environment similar to the original Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II, and thus the gameplay reminded players of the feel and sensation of those games. Of course, some players regretted that Sora was not featured as the main character, but that's the way we wanted to do the game.

Question 2: What are the differences between console development and handheld development?

TN: The touch and feel of the PSP is similar to that of the PS2 so in that sense, developing for the PSP wasn't all that different. In fact, that's what we intended. The focus with this title is good, solid gameplay.

Question 3: How did the stories for the Kingdom Hearts games evolve? Were they planned from the beginning, or did they evolve alongside Sora as a character?

TN: My typical approach is not to develop a unique story right from the beginning. When I wrote the story for Kingdom Hearts, I was already planning a story for the sequel, and so on. I try and think ahead and then elaborate on my ideas when writing the story for the next game in the series.

Question 4: Handhelds are evolving rapidly. Do you find that you are no longer constrained by what a handheld can do? Do some things simply work better on handhelds than consoles?

TN: The difference between consoles and handhelds is data capacity. Kingdom Hearts is the kind of title that requires a lot of data since all the games feature big environments and lots of CG movies. So in that sense we are constrained on handhelds.

Question 5: One of the biggest complaints of previous Kingdom Hearts games was that they controlled poorly and had a bad camera which restricted gameplay. What have you done to improve this?

TN: I don't have complaints in mind when I design games. Can you give me an example where you thought the controls and camera were bad? We're always working on improving the game, but this depends on the limitations of the platforms.

GameSpot: Can you give us an overview of the rehauled battle system in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep?

TN: Yes. Players will find two major differences. The first is the addition of a shooting lock-on system, which we found was the only element in previous KH titles that hadn't yet been upgraded. The new lock-on system will be used when characters perform special attacks, and I find it's a lot better to play. The second change is something called command style, which will see characters leveling up and receiving new sets of attack moves each time they fulfill certain gameplay requirements.

Question 7: It's been a while since we've seen a new generation of Kingdom Hearts titles. There have been a lot of handheld and mobile version, but no console versions since the PlayStation 2. Are you thinking about making a next generation Kingdom Hearts? Or do you prefer working on handhelds?

TN: All I can say is that if there were to be a Kingdom Hearts III then it would be on consoles. I have a desire to create this game, but it's just not the right time. I'm under pressure from KH fans, Disney and Square Enix, and they all want Kingdom Hearts III. I know this, and I don't hide my desire to make this game. The biggest problem we're facing is our main developer on the franchise is busy with Final Fantasy, and the Birth by Sleep team is busy making Kingdom Hearts for the Nintendo 3DS. But we'll do it when the right time comes.

source:E3 2010: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Roundtable Q&A - Preview

αsiя

space coke
TN: I don't have complaints in mind when I design games. Can you give me an example where you thought the controls and camera were bad? We're always working on improving the game, but this depends on the limitations of the platforms.
Oh you Nomura.

It's good to know the BBS team is making KH3D, it's also good to know that KH3 will be on a console even though we didn't expect it not to be.

Slenix

...and the Birth by Sleep team is busy making Kingdom Hearts for the Nintendo 3DS. But we'll do it when the right time comes.

So if Kingdom Hearts 3D wasn't that big of a deal, then the team would be focusing on KH III.
That means KH3D is going to be an important part of the KH franchise, and not just some silly side experiment.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Oh Nomura xD

The fact that the Osaka Team is making 3D makes me happy.

Edit: Whoops. Added an S by mistake.

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
TN: All I can say is that if there were to be a Kingdom Hearts III then it would be on consoles. I have a desire to create this game, but it's just not the right time. I'm under pressure from KH fans, Disney and Square Enix, and they all want Kingdom Hearts III. I know this, and I don't hide my desire to make this game. The biggest problem we're facing is our main developer on the franchise is busy with Final Fantasy, and the Birth by Sleep team is busy making Kingdom Hearts for the Nintendo 3DS. But we'll do it when the right time comes.

And people say Nomura doesn't listen to the fans.

Awards
Oh great! Now I have to get a Nintendo 3DS for the next KH game. -_-+

Does the game have to be on a 3DS or it can still play on a normal DS? I seriously don't want to spend my money since I spent a lot of my allowance this year already.

Selena

Does the game have to be on a 3DS or it can still play on a normal DS? I seriously don't want to spend my money since I spent a lot of my allowance this year already.
Sorry to break it to you, but the DS can't play 3DS games.

Anyways I'm planning on getting a 3DS anyways, so this is just an added bonus to me.

αsiя

space coke

Then don't buy it, shit, it isn't mandatory. And no it can only be played on the 3DS, how would the DS be capable of 3D. It's not our fault you wasted your money instead of using it responsibly.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

source:E3 2010: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Roundtable Q&A - Preview

Just what I wanted confirmation that KH3 will be on a console. And i'm so happy that the BBS team is working on KH:3DS. Just means i'll have to pick up the game for sure.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
αsiя;5105913 said:
He just doesn't listen to our complaints.

Um, yes he does. o_0
The quote I just put above is proof of that.

And of course, they fixed the camera in KH2 from KH1 and made it so you can open chests during battle. And in BBS, instead of reaction commands being too easy and bland, they mixed them up to more buttons, more challenging and more fun. They DO listen. It's just that many people out there refuse to believe it.

Awards
Sorry to break it to you, but the DS can't play 3DS games.

Anyways I'm planning on getting a 3DS anyways, so this is just an added bonus to me.

Ah damn it... I guess it can't be helped.

αsiя;5105932 said:
Then don't buy it, shit, it isn't mandatory. And no it can only be played on the 3DS, how would the DS be capable of 3D. It's not our fault you wasted your money instead of using it responsibly.

Hey! It can't be helped if I have to buy clothes since the last time I had to buy shirts was last year and I haven't bought any new pants since two years ago. Not to mention I only buy five shirts at most. I also have to spend money on 4 stupid school projects that cost me more than fifty dollars this year! Plus, I have to help with the groceries and food! BTW I don't live with my parents and I only get money on my birthdays and Xmas.

You have another two years to save up.

At least that's the good news for me. That should give me enough time to save up.

αsiя

space coke
Woah dude, no tripe-posting! Or double-posting for that matter.

He didn't triple post, it's the server.

Okay thats good you spend it on worthy stuff and you should keep it that way and not focus on the 3DS until you find it suitable.

Omegataco

Awards
αsiя;5105792 said:
Oh you Nomura.

It's good to know the BBS team is making KH3D, it's also good to know that KH3 will be on a console even though we didn't expect it not to be.

I would have loved to seen the interviewers face when he mentioned the complaint, he probably heard that complaint from one single forum troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back