• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gamespot - BBS Trailer Impression

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Enchanted

Well here it is, enjoy.
It explains some of the trailers meanings, so it should help. But I don't know if some explantions are their thoughts or the truth.

The trailer for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep featured a lot of new scenes that were not shown in last year's trailer. To recap what's known so far, the PSP game is somewhat of a prequel, which takes place before Sora and Riku's adventures in Kingdom Hearts. The story revolves around three keyblade apprentices named Terra, Ventus, and Aqua, as well as a keyblade master known as Master Xehanort. Terra is a brown-haired youngster who looks a bit like Zack from FFVII. Ventus (who's abbreviated as Ven) is a blond boy who strongly resembles Roxas from Kingdom Hearts II. Aqua is a girl with short blue hair, and in this new trailer, she was wearing a relatively sporty outfit with what seemed to be short black tights plus knee socks.

It didn't seem like the cutscenes in Birth by Sleep's trailer were in chronological order, but there were a lot of hints given about the game's basic storyline. The trailer started off with Master Xehanort talking to Ven in a rocky desert (the same desert as the secret ending in KHII). There, he reveals that Terra's soul has turned to the dark side and he no longer has the qualifications to hold a keyblade. Master Xehanort shouts, "Use your powers to defeat the darkness and fix my wrongdoings!" The trailer then changes to another scene with Ven, talking to someone off the camera. "I need to ask you to do so because you're my friend. Erase me."

Malificent is making a return in Birth by Sleep. After the scene with Ven, the screen changes to a bedroom where she and Terra are looking down on a princess who is peacefully sleeping (we're assuming it's the Sleeping Beauty). Here, we learned that the basis of the game's storyline is a bit similar to that of the first installment of Kingdom Hearts. Malificent explains to Terra that whoever collects the seven hearts of those who are pure will be able to rule all of the worlds.

In the next scene, Aqua and Terra are looking for Master Xehanort, who has suddenly disappeared. Terra reveals to Aqua that Master Xehanort has become interested in those who have a pure heart (the princesses), so that searching for them should eventually lead to their master. The following scene shows Terra finding Snow White in a grassy field, and he realizes that she too is one of the seven holders of the pure heart.

The scene then changes to a dark-looking location, possibly the exteriors of Malificent's castle. When Ven and Aqua face Malificent, Aqua looks as through she's ready to strike at any moment. "What you told to Ven, is it true?" Shouts Aqua. Without showing any emotion of happiness or sadness, Malificent replies, "It's all true. Terra has fallen to the dark side."

Birth by Sleep's trailer ends in the same desert scene where it began, except this time, it's Terra that's facing Master Xehanort. "What did you do to my friend's heart!" He shouts at his master as the screen goes black and the trailer ends.

Here's the link if you want it.

~The Enchanted

Last edited:

Raiko

Come break me down
Birth By Sleep's trailer ends in the same desert scene where it began, except this time, it's Terra that's facing Mater Xehanort. "What did you do to my friend's heart!" He shouts at his master as the screen goes black and the railer ends.

hmmm...Terra was talking to master xehanort at this scene. why does it say "he shouts at his master"? is MX VAT's master?
Nice find though. :)

Macabre

Gold Member
That part confuses me as well.

This is good info and yet I've seen this somewhere.>>
Has this been posted before?

Well,whatever.
Thanks for posting this,Enchanted.

Raiko

Come break me down
the the Terra and malificent conversation was there, the terra and MX confrontation but it doesnt say that MX was their Master(of course not)..everthing is in there except for the Castle of dreams part.

T

tazztig

the the Terra and malificent conversation was there, the terra and MX confrontation but it doesnt say that MX was their Master(of course not)..everthing is in there except for the Castle of dreams part.

Lol, now that's the part I didn't get either.>>

T

tazztig

^what part?the castle of dreams? he was carriying a a blue ball of yarn..what is it for?(like anyone actually knows...)

Just to use it to forget, how to use the keyblade, that is why he loss to MX and the DS.>>

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I think I've seen this information before but I can't exactly remember where. >_< Anyway, good to know some stuff that they got out of BBS and yeah even if they bring like something we quite now already, it's good to know where it came from and all. If that even makes sense. The last scene they're talking about makes me curious. So do you think Terra meets up with Xenahort again? From what it described?

Alpha_Sonix

Weird, it sounds different from the trailer we had, I don't remember them saying anything about MX and Terra in a desert fighting, I also don't remember Terra and Ven near a sleeping princess.

Raiko

Come break me down
@ Candy: you might have seen it in the KHInsider homepage or its the trailer thing that Bittermeat translated.

terra and ven near a sleeping princess?i thought it was malificent and terra.

The Enchanted

Everyone who thought they saw this before haven't, unleass you went to Gamespot.
Here are the four on the homepage.

1UP Preview - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
On its surface, this particular Kingdom Hearts is all about the multiplayer. Players take control of one of the thirteen (actually fourteen) members of the mysterious Organization XIII in Twilight Town (the game stars Sora's double, Roxas, rather than Sora himself). Then three other players join in and team up to battle through standard KH levels and missions. It's a great idea; if any Square Enix property lends itself to cooperative play, it's KH... Read On

1UP Preview - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Sleep is a stunning-looking game -- and for the most part, it plays better than any Kingdom Hearts title to date. There's no telling where this chapter fits into the grand scheme of the series or how well the levels and missions will play out. But without question, Square Enix is on the right track -- and Birth By Sleep could well do for the series what Crisis Core did for Final Fantasy spin-offs... Read On

IGN Trailer Impressions - Kingdom Hearts Coded
Coded takes place after the events of Kingdom Hearts II, and focuses on Jiminy Cricket and his journal. Initially, Jiminy wanted to record the events of Sora's adventures within his journal, but as he goes to write into the book, he discovers that there's an entry that he didn't write, stating, "We must return to free them from their torment." Wondering just how this came about, Jiminy takes the book to King Mickey, who digitized the journal and by extension created a digital Sora... Read On

IGN Trailer Impressions - Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
...up to four players will be able to join into the game and take over different members of the Organization for separate missions. During one battle, we were able to easily pick out Roxas, Axel and Saix slashing their way through a group of Heartless, each using their specialized weaponry. While players will be able to focus upon co-op play, there will also be a heavy focus on competition, as players will be ranked based on their performance in missions... Read On

IGN Hands On - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
The Kingdom Hearts franchise is much more than melding of game and animation worlds; it's also the tale of Keyblades, magical weapons that are designed to defeat evil. But the Keyblades existed before Sora started wielding it against the Heartless...It appears as though Maleficent, the wicked witch from the Sleeping Beauty tale, plays the primary role of the bad buy in Birth by Sleep, as her machinations appear to be driving the Heartless together to cause a great disaster. In the midst of this disaster, a Keyblade master named Xehanort and his apprentice disappeared. With the events appearing to spiral out of control, another Keyblade master sends his three apprentices to look for the missing warriors... Read On

The ones up on the main page are IGN and 1up.
~The Enchanted

A

Audo

hmmm...Terra was talking to master xehanort at this scene. why does it say "he shouts at his master"? is MX VAT's master?
Nice find though. :)
That part confuses me as well..
It's simply because Gamespot doesn't understand how the game works...

I saw these, but seeing as how Bittermeat's Trailer Impressions are much more detailed (not to mention more accurate) I think they are the better thing to focus on:
bittermeat said:
BG MUSIC: Fate of the Unknown

The Wastelands
Master Xehanort is pleading.
Xehanort: "Those that submit to darkness are not qualified to wield the keyblade."
Xehanort: "Already, that man is a monster infused with darkness."
Xehanort: "Defeat the darkness and correct my mistake!"

Ven is shown on the island shore.
He is looking downward with a despondent expression.
Ven: "We're "friends", therefore I wanted to ask something."
Ven: "Erase me."

Castle courtyard.
Aqua is dancing about with a keyblade, Ven and Terra are watching.
Ven looks toward a staircase, someone comes from the entrance, and the three gather.

Castle of Dreams.
Ven is running around holding a blue ball of yarn.
Lucifer pounces on top of Ven.
From atop a desk, the mouse throws things at Lucifer
Mouse yells, "Watch out! Run away into the house!"
Lucifer targets the mouse instead and attacks.
Mouse: "Ahhh!"
The mouse falls from the desk.
(It's the mouse from Cinderella, not Mickey.)

Sleeping Beauty's World
In a bedroom of a castle where Princess Aurora sleeps.
Terra and Maleficent are talking beside her.
Maleficent: "Those who do not have any darkness, seven of pure light――"
Maleficent: "If I gather them, I will be in possession of all the worlds.""

Castle garden?
Aqua: "Is there a clue of Master Xehanort?"
Terra: "He is interested in hearts of pure light."
Aqua: "A heart of pure light..."
Terra: "We'll chase the light too."
Terra: "Master Xehanort should appear if we do so."

The dialogue is different depending on what blog reported it, but it all essential means the same thing.

Alternate version:

Terra: "That guy is after hearts of pure light."
Terra: "If we look for those pure of heart, we'll find him."

Snow White's World
In the forest.
Snow White: "Oh! Who are you?"
Terra: "Aren't you surprised?"
Snow White's face looks a little confused.
Snow White: "Why?"
Terra: (I can feel the pure light...)
Terra: (After all, does this girl have a heart of pure light?)

In a dark place covered in thorns
Ven: "It's a lie..."
Aqua: "Don't be fooled, Ven!"
Aqua runs toward Ven.
Aqua: "Terra isn't like that, you know that!"
Maleficent watches the two from above.
Maleficent: "But the truth is harsh to hear."

The Wastelands
Terra: "…I have a 'friend'"
Terra: "Answer me, Xehanort. What have you done to his heart?!"

Among a thorny bridge.
(Probably Sleeping Beauty's world.)
Aqua: "I'll ask again."
Aqua: "Was what you said to Ven a lie?"
Maleficent: "It was all true."
Maleficent: "Terra succumbs to darkness in order to gain power."
Aqua: "Get out of here!"
Maleficent turns into a dragon and attacks Aqua.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back