• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Games where you don't like the games, but kinda love the franchise

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Veevee

Awards
What I mean by that is - have you ever played a game where you thought the game was rather stupid / boring / unlikeable, but you grew to like the franchise after all?
For me, it's the case with Life is Strange. I detest the respective last chapter of LiS1 and BtS with a passion, but I love the music, like the artstyle, kinda enjoy the story and how the scenes are done and still don't really like the game.

I don't like the mainline Pokemon games, but I like most of the spinoffs and think there are some very cute Pokemon. I watch a movie now and then and love Pokemon Go and Fanart and Fanfictions and stuff, but the games? Meh.

I love the lore of the .hack-Franchise but never got past the second game. Still wait for a remaster. Sucked up the Light Novels, manga, anime, wiki ... it's a complicated love.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Like every Star Fox after 64. They really just don't know what to do with it.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Like every Star Fox after 64. They really just don't know what to do with it.
This hits home.

Castlevania. The classic NES games and GBA games are great, but the series went downhill after 2010.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
You know, I haven't actually played a Five Nights at Freddy's game, but boy do I dig watching let's players & diving deep into lore convoluted enough to give Nomura a run for his money.

SomeKHFan

Awards
I hated the Detective Pikachu game. Compared to mother Pokemon games it wasn't done that well. The movie was better.

Veevee

Awards
I hated the Detective Pikachu game. Compared to mother Pokemon games it wasn't done that well. The movie was better.

It was? That's too bad because I have rarely seen such a nonsensical, plothole-riddled piece of nonsense aside from the official trash film genre. Seriously, Sharknado was less bad - but the comparison holds pretty well because I love trash films and from that angle, I loved Detective Pikachu.

Back