• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gameplay questions (for those who attended)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

meep2meep

Awards
Hey peoples,

I have a few quick questions for those that were able to play at the premiere event. None of the questions are spoilery all are pertaining to gameplay mechanics....really appreciate some of these answers. I realize that gameplay tweaks will be made and that what the testers played wasnt final. (I apologize if these questions have been asked in another forums). Also has anyone seen an in-game menu yet?

1) So about invincibility frames. I noticed while watching footage sometimes while entering/ exiting certain special moves Sora gains some invincibility frames and other times he doesn't. Did anyone seem to notice which specials or conditions need to be met to attain those frames (strategic future ref for lvl 1 crit mode, like activating drive or limit in 2)

2) I heard in a video that if you've activated a form change for a keyblade (i.e hammer/ drill) that if you switch your keyblade, you attain that same form level. Is this true?

3) Could someone give a run down of the controls on a ps4 controller? I know r1 is shotlock, assume x is attack and circle is jump (prefer it switched but those appear to be the NA controls)

4) While using one of the attractions or links activated by triangle, can you cancel out and use a different attraction or link (given that the bar is still present above the command menu). On the topic of canceling, does dodge rolling or guarding cancel out Sora's attack?

5) Did anyone figure out how to activate the link moves between Sora and goofy/donald (basically the limit attacks). In the videos I watched I saw alot of keyblade changes and attraction flows, not many limits with other party members.

6) Soooooo does Donald finally heal you when you actually need it?!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
3) Could someone give a run down of the controls on a ps4 controller? I know r1 is shotlock, assume x is attack and circle is jump (prefer it switched but those appear to be the NA controls)
I can answer this one!

Ddm8TFOVMAAMnFV.jpg

Also in one of the videos, I saw Sora was dying and Donald healed him so maybe to #6?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
4) While using one of the attractions or links activated by triangle, can you cancel out and use a different attraction or link (given that the bar is still present above the command menu). On the topic of canceling, does dodge rolling or guarding cancel out Sora's attack?

Yes, you can cancel out of the attraction flows, links, and other situation commands. You just press circle/B. 8D

From what I remember, you can't have more than one attraction flow due to how they work depending on where you are. You CAN switch to another situation command if you have one or two stacked but you have to cancel out of the active one first.

Yes, you can cancel out an attack/combo with a dodge roll or guard...although...well...We will be discussing inputs in our impressions.

meep2meep

Awards
Yes, you can cancel out of the attraction flows, links, and other situation commands. You just press circle/B. 8D

From what I remember, you can't have more than one attraction flow due to how they work depending on where you are. You CAN switch to another situation command if you have one or two stacked but you have to cancel out of the active one first.

Yes, you can cancel out an attack/combo with a dodge roll or guard...although...well...We will be discussing inputs in our impressions.

Thanks for the reply :D I know I'm going to mean to hit L2 to activate one and then realize I activated the wrong thing.

I completely blanked on the fact that you would most likely do an impression post and probably shout have waited to post a topic until after. As to inquire as to doge/ block canceling, I assume just from watching that it will be similar to 0.2 and definitely needs to be fine tuned. My main question was whether or not it was possible and you answered that XD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
5) Did anyone figure out how to activate the link moves between Sora and goofy/donald (basically the limit attacks). In the videos I watched I saw alot of keyblade changes and attraction flows, not many limits with other party members.
Just saw this in GameSpots video. Flare Force (that limit with Donald) is a situation command.

meep2meep

Awards
Just saw this in GameSpots video. Flare Force (that limit with Donald) is a situation command.

Ah so it wasn't a traditional limit attack. I take it you weren't able to activate it during the Olympus section? There must be one with goody too, either his whirly-goofy or knocksmash (and possibly Donald's Comet). I'm familiar with the gauge mechanic from my time with 0.2 and depending on the attack which situation command will activate. Magic attacks = za/ja form, basic attack = keyblade trandformation, was never really sure how to activate the Aqua/ Mickey link but I assume that activating the Donald/Goofy situation command is on a similar system.

Leaferian

Awards
was never really sure how to activate the Aqua/ Mickey link but I assume that activating the Donald/Goofy situation command is on a similar system.
No, the link with Mickey is part of Aqua's forms. Once you have Mickey in your party, you do basic attacks until you can activate Spellweaver. Once Spellweaver has started, you attack as normal and build until the situation command for Wayfinder appears. It's a second level form basically, and Mickey/Aqua's combo attack is the finisher.

meep2meep

Awards
No, the link with Mickey is part of Aqua's forms. Once you have Mickey in your party, you do basic attacks until you can activate Spellweaver. Once Spellweaver has started, you attack as normal and build until the situation command for Wayfinder appears. It's a second level form basically, and Mickey/Aqua's combo attack is the finisher.

ah thank you for that, its been a while since I played.

KH2Rulz

Awards
Mm, no, it isn't.
I've activated Wayfinder without being in Spellweaver (and you can easily see this in the final battle too). It's almost certainly a Mickey Limit or Mickey Form.
Proof: https://youtu.be/aHEqEJsAV1E?t=5751

I would love to know the answer for #2 as well. If we keep the same level, that leads to one set of strategies, while cancelling leads to another.

Also to add, can anyone who's played it tell me if the R2 to change targets is a cycle button? (i.e. like 2.8) Or like KH2 where you hold R2 and move the right analogue to select a new target?

Leaferian

Awards
Mm, no, it isn't.
I've activated Wayfinder without being in Spellweaver (and you can easily see this in the final battle too). It's almost certainly a Mickey Limit or Mickey Form.
Proof: https://youtu.be/aHEqEJsAV1E?t=5751
Woah, that's cool. I never once got the prompt for Wayfinder when I wasn't already knee deep in spellweaver. I wonder what the trigger condition actually is, then, since it did consistently trigger for me mid Spellweaver combo. Perhaps a certain number of hits, or maybe it is mostly random. Hmmm.

I have a question for people who played! Situation commands, specifically Attraction Flow. In one of the gameplay videos I watched, Sora seemed to guard perfectly against the attack of one of those scuba enemies outside Andy's house. A green symbol flashed on the screen, and suddenly the AF "Pirate Ship" was available. Do the AF attacks seem to have actual triggers like guarding or stunning? Or did they just pop up in your situation commands randomly as you attacked? It would be so interesting if the AF was based on the enemy type you were fighting, so I can't get the question out of my head.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Ah so it wasn't a traditional limit attack. I take it you weren't able to activate it during the Olympus section? There must be one with goody too, either his whirly-goofy or knocksmash (and possibly Donald's Comet). I'm familiar with the gauge mechanic from my time with 0.2 and depending on the attack which situation command will activate. Magic attacks = za/ja form, basic attack = keyblade trandformation, was never really sure how to activate the Aqua/ Mickey link but I assume that activating the Donald/Goofy situation command is on a similar system.

I saw videos of people using Duck Flare in Olympus. So I assume that it was in both. Goofy had one shown years ago, where Sora and Donald group up behind him and they all charge an enemy, and one last year where Sora literally throws him like a projectile lol. Dunno why they weren't in the demo, maybe cuz the Donald one hadn't been seen yet and they wanted to show it off? Meow Wow wasn't a summon either, so probably a similar reason.

Meow Wow

Awards
Meow Wow was available in Olympus. I don't think anyone bothered to use it though

MsfUbX1.png

I saw the first three words in the activity stream and thought it was me for a second. I sat there like 'wait wut'.

Why didn't anybody use the Meow Wow summon? That would have been cool to see.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I saw the first three words in the activity stream and thought it was me for a second. I sat there like 'wait wut'.

Why didn't anybody use the Meow Wow summon? That would have been cool to see.
I think, because most people used Olympus to ease them in to the demos, that most didn't realise Meow Wow was available because there's only one battle against a regular mob of enemies and there's a bunch of other things being thrown at you, like Flare Force.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Alright, times up, guys. You have officially taken too long to upload your impressions of the demo, so now your submission will unfortunately not be accepted. I'm sorry that you decided to take so much time after the event was already over to post your impressions, I'm not really sure why you made such an inane decision but now you're really paying the piper because I promise I will ban your impression if you try to post it. You can't pass my block technique.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Alright, times up, guys. You have officially taken too long to upload your impressions of the demo, so now your submission will unfortunately not be accepted. I'm sorry that you decided to take so much time after the event was already over to post your impressions, I'm not really sure why you made such an inane decision but now you're really paying the piper because I promise I will ban your impression if you try to post it. You can't pass my block technique.

I already posted my impression back in one of those "KH3 bad game" threads.

"bad game 2k18 - Oracle Spock, 2018"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back