• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gameplay Optimization/Feature Suggestions Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Having sat down for an extended period with the game I'm sure we all have a list of things we personally feel could likely improve the play experience. Feel free to drop your list below, but here's mine as follows.

-Map Gummi Phone Camera to L2/Left Trigger
  • It's an unused button and would help this next suggestion.

-An expandable map. Map said expandable map to the touchpad (don't know the control on XBONE sorry yall)
  • This is actually a pretty steep ask considering you enter multiple different areas requiring multiple different maps and would actually take a decent amount of resources to implement. I can't tell you though, something that I can pull out every time I enter an area, which are several times more expanded in previous games, it only seems to make sense you want to double check where you are or if you passed a collectible, achievement hunters would greatly appreciate an expandable map.

-Potentially implement a Boss Rush mode? (battle gates could become this possibly?)
  • Feel free to chime in here, I have not played 2.8 in roughly two years, but I'm pretty sure there was some form of boss rush mode discoverable by players in game? To youtube!

-Was there a reason the game didn't ship with a Critical Mode? Critical Mode for us Dark Soul crushing try hards
  • Maybe actually disable things like situation commands, effecting spells, attractions, and form changes to play the game bare bones and more methodical in a similar vein to KH1. Really only the flow motion movement, and command map + shortcuts would really be all you need.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
An expandable map--YES. I tried several times early in the game to find one (I assumed I hadn't realized what to press or where to look in the menu). Critical Mode goes without saying.

Have at least one of the 18 spell options we have be defensive in the vein of KH1 Aero.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Having sat down for an extended period with the game I'm sure we all have a list of things we personally feel could likely improve the play experience. Feel free to drop your list below, but here's mine as follows.

-Map Gummi Phone Camera to L2/Left Trigger
  • It's an unused button and would help this next suggestion.

-An expandable map. Map said expandable map to the touchpad (don't know the control on XBONE sorry yall)
  • This is actually a pretty steep ask considering you enter multiple different areas requiring multiple different maps and would actually take a decent amount of resources to implement. I can't tell you though, something that I can pull out every time I enter an area, which are several times more expanded in previous games, it only seems to make sense you want to double check where you are or if you passed a collectible, achievement hunters would greatly appreciate an expandable map.

-Potentially implement a Boss Rush mode? (battle gates could become this possibly?)
  • Feel free to chime in here, I have not played 2.8 in roughly two years, but I'm pretty sure there was some form of boss rush mode discoverable by players in game? To youtube!

-Was there a reason the game didn't ship with a Critical Mode? Critical Mode for us Dark Soul crushing try hards
  • Maybe actually disable things like situation commands, effecting spells, attractions, and form changes to play the game bare bones and more methodical in a similar vein to KH1. Really only the flow motion movement, and command map + shortcuts would really be all you need.
L2 / left trigger is not an unused button. You use it to scroll through situation commands (if you’re on battle system A, which is what the game starts you out with.)

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Ah, I hadn't realized that you could swap between control Types A/B. You know, i've seen other games use different sections of the touchpad to perform certain functions. Dedicating the entire pad, when I can press the left/right/or swipe would be a greater benefit to get additional use out of it. Even something like holding a button combination or a single button to expand the map would be an optimal way to map a new input. While we're on the topic, allowing us to map our own inputs to the controller we're using would be nice, I have paddles on mine and it'd make using the situation commands less...frenetic I guess is a good descriptor?

-I'm not against removing some of the invisible walls/barriers when your traversing the entire map. Seems kind of obnoxious why I can hover over multiple buildings and land masses in certain worlds, and where it looks like I should be able to, I'm forced to go under specific pieces of geometry (likely these are areas not bound to the map I'd imagine)

-Possibly adjust the AI aggression when they're off screen from the auto-lock on/lock-on? I would assume this automatically scales based on what difficulty setting you're playing on. This wouldn't apply to bosses, just your standard trash mobs/tier I enemy AI. How many times have you randomly taken a damage spike from something like a Neo-Shadow when your at a fixed camera angle and where you assume the enemy AI are aggro with stomping your party members, BOOM! Randomly you get chunked and your a million miles away randomly taking said aggro.

Back