• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Game Theory: Arendelle Was Supposed To Be A Lot Different

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Obiewantsanipod

Hi everybody. I saw this video on the game theorists and I thought I'd share it here.

The video goes over how odd Arendelle was overall, and how it seemed as though the ice dungeon we went through was in fact meant to be a part of Elsa's castle, as opposed to a creation by Larxene that you exit through a random portal on the side of the mountain. It also goes over how Hans was never introduced and how the inclusion of the world was considered before the movie came out. It seems as though Elsa was going to choose darkness, at least initially, and be the final boss of that world. The theory is very intriguing to say the least, here is the link.

The core of the video starts at around 9 minutes, so skip to that if you don't want to watch the full video.

SomeKHFan

Awards
I saw this video. It does seem to be an interesting theory. This would have been a better plot than what the actual game had and could have led to a different outcome in the worlds resolution. The Arandelle we got was my least favourite Disney world in terms of plot (not counting 100 Acre Wood as that was a mini-game world).

Obiewantsanipod

You know, I'm so stupid I initially thought the world played out the way it did because it was supposed to be a lesson for Sora not to give up (hiking up the mountain only to fall again and again).

I only realized how odd it was when Hans appeared out of nowhere and tried to kill Elsa.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The ice dungeon doesn’t look anything like Elsa’s ice palace though. I doubt they ever intended she would have been the one to make it.

The only real option other than Larxene herself to me is Vexen, but I can believe Larxene was always intended to have made it considering Vexen (as he is in KH3) wouldn't have had any reason to be in Arendelle since he was more concerned with vessels and the Black Box, not PoHs. Plus, Larxene and Marluxia were always tied together as characters and I doubt it's a coincidence that the two of them are in the two worlds that concern the temporary PoH subplot (Corona and Arendelle).

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
It always seemed clear to me that the Labyrinth was something they came up with because of the limitations put on them, not something they reused from a different plot. It smacks of "we can't have Sora interact with these characters much so lets put him in a maze out of the way".

We also know now that Skoll was a boss that Disney suggested to Square, so I doubt it was part of their original plan either.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Honestly I would have gladly given up the ice maze for a chance to explore the actual kingdom. I wish we started there and had the townsfolk explain the situation to Sora leading him to try and seek out Elsa to help her.

Obiewantsanipod

Honestly I would have gladly given up the ice maze for a chance to explore the actual kingdom. I wish we started there and had the townsfolk explain the situation to Sora leading him to try and seek out Elsa to help her.

I absolutely agree.

That being said, I find it very believable for that ice maze to have been an under castle labyrinth sort of place. It would still make more sense to me than a portal going in and out the mountain. Besides the elevator thing you ride inside has the same symbol as that of Elsa's castle.

Back