• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Game-ruining oversight in Japanese BbS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
I just wanted to confirm if this was a genuine error if I imagined it.

Basically, the original Japanese PSP version of BbS had an oversight that could potentially prevent you from completing the Trinity Archives: after the destruction of The Land of Departure towards the end of the three stories, the world becomes inaccessible from there on. This meant that if, for whatever reason, you neglected to open all the treasure chests in that world before then, then you’ve screwed yourself over for 100%-ing the game.

Having played the original Japanese version way back when, LoD disappearing from the world map after it was destroyed is definitely something I remembered being a thing. What I don’t know is if it was truly, potentially game-breaking (I’m pretty sure I opened all the chests during my run-through of the tutorial all three times). Is there any truth to this?

On a related note, have any earlier version of other games in the series ever had oversights like this?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Well the original KH1, has a red trinity mark that you could miss in Boogie's lair if I'm not mistaking
I remember this and always make sure to get it when replaying KH1... so much so that I do it all the time in the Final Mix except one time that I was speeding through the game (my replay before KH3's release), then I decided to complete the save file and was terrified that I couldn't because I missed the trinity and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was moved after the manor blows up instead of being gone for eternity.

Back