• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

game rehab!?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Could you give us a link? It would be easier to discuss if we had more information. Of course I think videogame rehabilitation is ridiculous and a huge waste of money.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Hah! They were referring to Ragnarok Online:rolleyes:

If a person needs rehab to get rid of such a simply riddable addiction, then maybe a rehab clinic is necassary.

1948dragon_

game rehab? interesting but to me it doesnt really seem that neccsary. I mean on about 1 in1000 gamers will atcually go to such extreams to play games as to use drugs to play longer. however for those pepole they need a girlfriend or something

S

Shadow Soldier

l4t1n0pr1d3 said:
If a person needs rehab to get rid of such a simply riddable addiction, then maybe a rehab clinic is necassary.

No, the guy deserves to be booted in the face.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
l4t1n0pr1d3 said:
Hah! They were referring to Ragnarok Online:rolleyes:

Wtf are you talking about? They NEVER referred to Ragnarok Online. Show me where in that article where they do as proof cuz frankly, I read it 3 times and never found any relation to RO at all.

Anyways, it's not that surprising, some people can seemingly get high off anything that it becomes an addiction. For example, some people get addicted to killing others or doing martial arts or even watching T.V.

People will only find it surprising cuz it's unheard of, but games are fairly new so of course no one would hear of it.

Hokage

Banned
Awards
Balmung102 said:
Wtf are you talking about? They NEVER referred to Ragnarok Online. Show me where in that article where they do as proof cuz frankly, I read it 3 times and never found any relation to RO at all.

I think he was referring to this statement.

"We have kids who don't know how to communicate with people face-to-face because they've spent the last three years talking to somebody in Korea through a computer," Bakker said. "Their social network has completely disappeared.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Back on topic maybe Game Rehab is needed who knows people get addicted to anything now-a-days that its not even funny don't know how but, they just do

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Game rehab makes perfect sense. I'm not even going to bother reading the article, not after the stories I've heard about WoW. Two main ones: A couple played so much they forgot to feed their baby, which died. A man played for so long he forgot to eat, and died. There's more, lots of them, and that's just for WoW. Some people just don't know when enough is enough.

S

Shadow Soldier

Jinx said:
Back on topic maybe

We've been on topic this whole time.

And I dont see how that sentance could be referring to RO. I mean there are a bunch of games where tons of koreans play. Like Kalonline. How do you know they werent talking about that?

E

Eclipse

There is no such thing as a good addiction

there are some people who are just unhealthily addicted to games, i understand that, and i believe rehab could be good for people like that, who abandon their lives for a ps2.

Video games are fun.....but 14 hours a day is just mind-boggling.

S

Shadow Soldier

The only time I did long periods of time of gaming, like 10 hours or so, is on Socom.. during the summer. Started at 7:00pm, played till 8:00 am

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
I agree with Banishing Blade. Like that Chinese girl who forgot to eat, and dead, so young to. I mean how the can you forget to eat, and if you playing game and forget to eat and drink, you need rehab.. Also how hard is it to eat and play?..

I mean I think its a really really good idea, rebah is a good idea..

I quit WoW, but before I quit they was talking about, if track playing more then so and so hours they log you off there self and you cant log in for so and so hours.. I forgot what it was called or if they put it in or not..

I used to play FFXI and WoW for more then 14 hours, but I took breaks between them, like eat, drink and watch a little tv then come back..

The only time I leave a MMO on for over 24 hours is to stay loged in, and while im a sleep, at a friend or whatever im doing, my items can sell LOL...

I think he was referring to this statement.

"We have kids who don't know how to communicate with people face-to-face because they've spent the last three years talking to somebody in Korea through a computer," Bakker said. "Their social network has completely disappeared.
I know many Korean games, dosnt mean there talking about RO

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
Heh, I wouldn't want my parents to see that article. It would kill my internet time. Mostly because of the next-to-last paragraph:

Symptoms of addiction are easy to spot, Bakker says. Parents should take notice if a child neglects usual activities, spends several hours at a time with the computer and has no social life.

I've recently become very involved with the computer. I can spend all day, 12-16 hours, just doing stuff on here, browsing around. One recent thing that has started to take up most of this time is Guild Wars. I can understand that the internet and gaming can take away your social life...but some kids just don't have one. Like me. I mean, no car, little money, and no friends because of the lack of people in my area makes it really hard to have a social life. It's either gaming, TV, or sleep for me. I don't see much difference between the 3.

But mine isn't so bad that I don't eat, or that I take drugs. I take lunch breaks, and bathroom breaks, and I sleep at night.

Anyway, yeah, gaming rehad is a good idea for some people, because games can be so addicting.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
But... but he stole my idea!

There was even an old forum! But it died!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back