• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Game of the Decade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Okay I didn't know this until today didn't really care either, but VGA celebrated their 10th year anniversary and they had Game of the Decade as the winner.

VGA 2012: Game of the Decade announced -- PlayStation Universe here is the article from PSU.com

My question right now for you guys what is your Game of the Decade from 2002-2012? I'm just wondering.

Edit: I know it should be from 2000-2010, but VGA did that I'm just going to go with 2002-2012.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
E0YGW.jpg

My game of the decade? Probably Wind Waker. It's the only game I honestly want to play every single day if I had it.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Bioshock, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Legend of Zelda: Windwaker, Red Dead Redemption, and Half-Life 2.
Kinda funny out of that, the best games in the past decade all (aside from windwaker) seem to be on this current generation.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Out of all the proposed games I'd say Windwaker. It was the most fun I had playing a game on the Gamecube. It took the series in a new direction, it's style was so different, and it was just in general fun. Super Mario Galaxy also comes to mind along that line of thinking.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Yeah I honestly didn't like the choices(not that it's bad, but too much recent stuff), but I'm asking for your opinions not theirs so if you want to say Kingdom Hearts(any game in the series), FFXII, to Persona 3 FES(might be right there with you lol).

I even told them on that website since I was a member too damn tough to pick just one game their were so many that even I don't remember, or never got to play.

I'd rather they pick 10-15 I'd probably be happier with that in my opinion.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
My game of the decade would have to be Paper Mario 2. It's not just an awesome Mario game, but a good game on its own. Its story is very gripping and the game really switches up the formula you'd come to expect when it comes to other Mario games. I find myself playing it every year when I have the chance.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
My game of the decade would have to be Paper Mario 2. It's not just an awesome Mario game, but a good game on its own. Its story is very gripping and the game really switches up the formula you'd come to expect when it comes to other Mario games. I find myself playing it every year when I have the chance.

Thousand Year Door? That game was spectacular. Why the hell do they not make more Paper Marios in that style?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Kinda funny out of that, the best games in the past decade all (aside from windwaker) seem to be on this current generation.
Half-Life 2 isn't current gen, it came out on the original XBox.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Half-Life 2 isn't current gen, it came out on the original XBox.

I think that game has gone through so many re-releases that it would make some people think it was plus it was on PC, but you're right the game came out way back there lol.

Edit: I forgot about games like Metroid Prime and Elder Scrolls 3(which I heard was good never played).

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
i'm kinda sad sotc didn't win because it's easily the most interesting game of the bunch

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Was anyone else surprised as hell that The Walking Dead won Game of the Year?

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Yes in fact I'm surprised JOURNEY of all games was mentioned, and I think had a close call with getting the nod.

Do have to admit though picking Walking dead is out there considering ME3, Far Cry 3, and a few other games.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Out of those games they mentioned, Bioshock would've been my choice, but my personal choice for Game of the Decade would probably be Oblivion. I don't think Skyrim was anywhere near bad, but I feel like Elder Scrolls IV was just a little better.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
i'm kinda sad sotc didn't win because it's easily the most interesting game of the bunch

Yeah, Shadow of the Colossus probably deserved it the most. It did get 2nd place, so that's something.

I can see why HL2 won though. It has a large fanbase and was a very influential game on the industry (though it's a bit overrated, in my opinion).

Awards
I picked SotC just for really everything that it was. Though on the same note as Nostalgia, as much as I do love Skyrim, Oblivion was my first TES game and there was just so much more time I could spend in that game. But that's how it works, it seems. You always fall in love with the first TES game you're introduced to the most.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Funny enough talking about TES I remember TES 3 wanted to play so bad, but didn't have a PC for myself at the time plus I got into other games around that time GTA Vice City, KH1, FFX come to memory.

Also I plan to play Skyrim on PC after christmas as I'm getting a new laptop that can handle that game as my old one might orgasm from all the pressure lol.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Oblivion was my first as well, and I have a lot more memories from that game than my time playing Skyrim.

I'm probably going to get Skyrim for PC at some point. The load times for consoles is atrocious.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
The VGAs: "We're important."

but seriously, of the list, i can respect that hl2 won

would've preferred sotc to take it tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back