• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Game Informer does KH2 Replay with John Vignocchi!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
over 10 years between KH2 and KH3.

spinoff/side titles or not, that's just ridiculous.

Not really. KH3 was never promised and KH2 ended on such a solid point that they really didn't have to make a third game.

They didn't have to make any games after KH2 tbh, but they did because they wanted to make KH3 at some point but didn't know when they could what with Nomura and the KH staff working on Versus XIII before being spirited away because Square Enix failed at basic project management.

It's crazy, I suppose if you are only looking at JUST Kingdom Hearts but it's not like this was an isolated incident that was due to somebody deciding to wait ten years to release the third game.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Not really. KH3 was never promised and KH2 ended on such a solid point that they really didn't have to make a third game.

They didn't have to make any games after KH2 tbh, but they did because they wanted to make KH3 at some point but didn't know when they could what with Nomura and the KH staff working on Versus XIII before being spirited away because Square Enix failed at basic project management.

It's crazy, I suppose if you are only looking at JUST Kingdom Hearts but it's not like this was an isolated incident that was due to somebody deciding to wait ten years to release the third game.

What I placed in bold pretty sums up the shortcomings of Square Enix, they make quality content, they just need to step up on the managing side of things.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'd argue that due to hardware shortcomings and horrible advertising, they shouldn't have bothered with the side games, but thwn we wouldn't have DDD which was pretty fun, and KH3 would be stuck on PS3s lousy hardware.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They probably could have stuck with one console rather than spreading them out, but I think the idea behind it was to reach as many as possible on the various systems as to draw them into the series, forgetting that it puts pressure on existing fans to buy these games as well.

(Along with the fact Nintendo asked for a game on the DS...)

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Gotta admit, if this series hadn't branched out to DS, I probably would've never played it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Gotta admit, if this series hadn't branched out to DS, I probably would've never played it.

And this is why the console spread wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It wasn't good for existing fans, but it brought in so many new fans so it is hard to really believe it didn't contribute something to the series.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The series was already a hit without the console spread? :confused:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

to 20 year olds who weren't investing money, yeah, but to their target audience (kids) with parents buying systems and games and peripherals and what not, it did the trick and breathed new life into the franchise.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I wasn't saying that the spread was necessary or that the series wouldn't have gotten popular without it. If it had all stayed on Playstation, it probably would've done fine. On the other hand, some people who didn't own a Playstation (like me) would've never given the series a shot. Not that it matters to the longtime fans, I guess...

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Imagine waiting ten years to get KH3 without any of the side games (because that's what would've happened due to the mismanagement of Versus)

Elysium

Awards
to 20 year olds who weren't investing money, yeah, but to their target audience (kids) with parents buying systems and games and peripherals and what not, it did the trick and breathed new life into the franchise.
Uh...? I was in my preteens when KH1 was released on PS2 and in high school when KH2 was released. I'm willing to guess most people who bought KH1 and 2 were parents for their kids. I'd say most families that would buy GBAs for their kids would've owned PS2s.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Uh...? I was in my preteens when KH1 was released on PS2 and in high school when KH2 was released. I'm willing to guess most people who bought KH1 and 2 were parents for their kids. I'd say most families that would buy GBAs for their kids would've owned PS2s.

how does this disagree with me. this is my point. you were in disney's demographic when the first 3 games came out but by Days' release you were 19/20 years old, and i take it you weren't as likely to play games as you were in 2002.

Elysium

Awards
That's true, but KH2 did bring an influx of new fans into this series who were younger than I was at the time.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
That's true, but KH2 did bring an influx of new fans into this series who were younger than I was at the time.

of course. super kawaii desu shounen otaku weaboo.

a proper translation is; me and everybody i knew in 2006 were going through a naruto phase. if i wasn't already a kh fan, i would have gotten II anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back