• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Game help questions? Post here!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Ergh I was hoping there was a easy way to get through it without grinding a bit more but I guess I have to level up a bit more. Thanks for the help.

Yeah, I'd say Thundaga against normal enemies. If it wipes out everything, that seed practically only takes a fraction of a second.

As for Herc himself, I pulled off Ars Arcanum whenever he's vulnerable (and whenever possible, really). It does real magic in depleting his HP.

This strategy also works for Hades Cup time trial challenge. Just use Ars Arcanum against human sub-bosses like Cloud, Yuffie, and Leon and it's all smooth sailing.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, I'd say Thundaga against normal enemies. If it wipes out everything, that seed practically only takes a fraction of a second.

As for Herc himself, I pulled off Ars Arcanum whenever he's vulnerable (and whenever possible, really). It does real magic in depleting his HP.

This strategy also works for Hades Cup time trial challenge. Just use Ars Arcanum against human sub-bosses like Cloud, Yuffie, and Leon and it's all smooth sailing.

Sounds cool. One more question. Should I just a standard keyblade like the Lionheart? or should I use something like the diamond dust?

Since I was going to thundaga spam everything I was wonder if I should sacrifice some power for all the magic dust provides.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Sounds cool. One more question. Should I just a standard keyblade like the Lionheart? or should I use something like the diamond dust?

Since I was going to thundaga spam everything I was wonder if I should sacrifice some power for all the magic dust provides.

I'd say something balanced like Lionheart or probably Lady Luck will do. You'd still want power for those immune against Thunder like Wizards and Yellow Operas, while at the same time pushing your maximum MP as far up as possible for extra casting.

Also stock up on some Ethers, or probably fill in every single item slot with them. An Ether equals three Thundagas or one Ars Arcanum, and they can be a lifesaver in a pinch. It's even better if you're willing to be generous with Elixirs, although I'd say save them for Hades Cup.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd say something balanced like Lionheart or probably Lady Luck will do. You'd still want power for those immune against Thunder like Wizards and Yellow Operas, while at the same time pushing your maximum MP as far up as possible for extra casting.

Also stock up on some Ethers, or probably fill in every single item slot with them. An Ether equals three Thundagas or one Ars Arcanum, and they can be a lifesaver in a pinch. It's even better if you're willing to be generous with Elixirs, although I'd say save them for Hades Cup.

Guess that's my next goal since I beat the Ice Titan. Thank you for the help.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Sonic Blade is also good for the human characters.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Sonic Blade is also good for the human characters.

Strange, usually you advocate Strike Raid. :p But yeah, Sonic Blade and Strike Raid are two solid tactics that everyone can use against human bosses. Even Sephiroth and Xemnas are no match against Strike Raid.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Strange, usually you advocate Strike Raid. :p But yeah, Sonic Blade and Strike Raid are two solid tactics that everyone can use against human bosses. Even Sephiroth and Xemnas are no match against Strike Raid.

I chose sonic blade over strike raid because of the time runs. Sonic blade is slightly weaker but faster and helped me literally plow through the human characters. It even kept cloud and leon off guard.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
On higher difficulty though Sonic Blade doesn't fully work on Sephiroth, as he will teleport away in the middle of the attack.

---

On to another topic.

I know it's somewhat rare (or strange) for me being the one asking questions, but since this is my first run of Re: Chain of Memories (thanks to EU being left out of the loop until 1.5), I have some things to clear up.

By now I got a sort of knack on the battle system, the card stuff being really creative and strategically rewarding once you got a few additional cards to work with, but there are still some other things I need to know:

1. How do you use those Enemy cards like the Trickmaster? I cannot seem to find them in my deck during battle.
2. Where do I get these "Key to Rewards"-cards? I have finished both Traverse and Wonderland by now and had to ignore those rooms because neither normal Heartless nor the bosses dropped such a card.
3. How do I respawn the Heartless? Once I cleared a room and leave, they don't seem to respawn even if I move two or more rooms before returning.
4. In Moogle shops when buying cards, you sometimes get Cards with a golden glowing number, what's the meaning of those?
5. Where can you farm for Moogle points?

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
On higher difficulty though Sonic Blade doesn't fully work on Sephiroth, as he will teleport away in the middle of the attack.

---

On to another topic.

I know it's somewhat rare (or strange) for me being the one asking questions, but since this is my first run of Re: Chain of Memories (thanks to EU being left out of the loop until 1.5), I have some things to clear up.

By now I got a sort of knack on the battle system, the card stuff being really creative and strategically rewarding once you got a few additional cards to work with, but there are still some other things I need to know:

1. How do you use those Enemy cards like the Trickmaster? I cannot seem to find them in my deck during battle.
2. Where do I get these "Key to Rewards"-cards? I have finished both Traverse and Wonderland by now and had to ignore those rooms because neither normal Heartless nor the bosses dropped such a card.
3. How do I respawn the Heartless? Once I cleared a room and leave, they don't seem to respawn even if I move two or more rooms before returning.
4. In Moogle shops when buying cards, you sometimes get Cards with a golden glowing number, what's the meaning of those?

1. If playing in Sora's mode, you have to add it to your deck like standard. During battle you touch the select button and it will change your deck to only enemy cards and you should see it there.

2.The Key to reward cards I believe randomly spawn out from heartless. I don't think you can get it early on in the game but it starts popping up towards the end.

3. You need to create a whole different room to re-spawn heartless. Just leave the room, touch triangle and spawn a new room

4.The golden number cards takes up less CP to add to the deck, but it won't come back to you if you manually reload the deck.

5. For Moogle points? I don't remember really farming for it. I just broke the jars/boxes/vases and it popped out. That and selling cards back to the moogles help

Hope this helps.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Press select during battle.

They are dropped by normal enemies, but they are quite rare at the start of the game. You'll find them in the later levels (but use them because you can only have one at a time)

You have to change the room. Heartless don't respawn unless it's a new room.

They are premium cards. They cost less to put in your deck, but they won't come back in battle when you recharge the deck.

Spam Pluto (when you're low on cards from spamming sleights) or Aladdin I guess. Also, your surroundings give out Moogle points.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

---

On to another topic.

The answers have been iterated clearly by Divine Past and Chaser, but let me add some information.

2. The Key to Rewards card will start showing up after the first Larxene fight, and seems to have progressively higher drop rate as you move through the story. In my case, I always find one Key to Rewards card within the first room of 11F and 12F.

4. The Premium cards may seem useless, but they are very useful for sleights. Since the first card that you stock for sleight is rendered unreloadable for the rest of the battle anyway, you can replace it with a Premium card and save some CP. Also, they are not entirely unreloadable; they can be retrieved mid-battle with the use of Hi-Potion, Mega-Potion, Elixir, or Megalixir cards.

5. To farm Moogle Points, make sure to hit or destroy every strikeable object throughout the worlds. Also, you can redeem points by trading in your own cards, so you can be generous in reselling those low-value high-tier Keyblade cards because chances are you're not going to use them in singles anyway, just for sleights.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I never mentioned using him on Sephiroth, for him it was all strike raid to me. Knowing this though glad I chose that. xD

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
So, does anyone know if the Re:CoM Trophies have to be done in a single file?

Things like editing a deck 500 times or collecting 300 battle cards.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
So, does anyone know if the Re:CoM Trophies have to be done in a single file?

Things like editing a deck 500 times or collecting 300 battle cards.

I don't know if you can do it with separate save files, but to prevent disappointment, it's best that you do so within one file.

I believe that it does, though. Isn't there a trophy for amassing like 50,000 munny in KHFM? I doubt if you amass only 25,000 munny across two files, the trophy would unlock. The same might apply to the trophies in question here.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't know if you can do it with separate save files, but to prevent disappointment, it's best that you do so within one file.

I believe that it does, though. Isn't there a trophy for amassing like 50,000 munny in KHFM? I doubt if you amass only 25,000 munny across two files, the trophy would unlock. The same might apply to the trophies in question here.
It's 10000 munny in KHFM, and that's very do-able in one play through.

If you have trouble with the deck one, just edit the deck one card at a time, opening and closing the menu. For the room one, it will probably unlock when you're doing post-game stuff such as heartless cards.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer my request. Those tips are plenty of help and I'll try them out asap when I get to play again on the weekend. ^__^

King Nickey

Chain of memories.... Please, someone, tell me how to play this game! Im on wonderland fighting vs the cards and I keep on dieing all the time. Its so annoying, that I have to reload my cards and enemies keeps on blocking my attacks. Im just so noob at this game. I dislike this whole card system, why oh why I just cant spam x and keep it simple?! Even though I want to beat the game for the storyline..

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Chain of memories.... Please, someone, tell me how to play this game! Im on wonderland fighting vs the cards and I keep on dieing all the time. Its so annoying, that I have to reload my cards and enemies keeps on blocking my attacks. Im just so noob at this game. I dislike this whole card system, why oh why I just cant spam x and keep it simple?! Even though I want to beat the game for the storyline..
The game gets easier as you go along and you get better cards to beef up your deck with. Right now you should be focusing mainly on attack cards with a higher number value-- but not so high that you exceed your CP and can't stock enough for a worthwhile deck. Think of CoM a lot like the original KH; in the initial worlds, it was mostly a lot of hack and slash, and you didn't know very many spells or special abilities. Don't get crazy with things right now, you'll have plenty of time for that later.

If you're having an inordinate amount of trouble with Wonderland because you're speeding through the game, go back to Traverse Town and grind until you've leveled up a bit (this is also a good way to pick up map cards for later use). CoM is not a game you want to rush through if this is your first time playing. Take the time to learn the mechanics and develop your reflexes; you need to learn to watch for the opponent's card. A good strategy for early levels: if you notice an opponent's card # is too high for you to break quickly, evade their attack and then strike once their card drops from the screen; usually you'll be able to get a couple of hits in. Meanwhile, get used to shuffling through your cards while you run and dodge attacks, and remember that you don't have to wait until you've used up all your cards to fill the reload meter. You should take every opportunity to load it a little bit at a time until it's almost full, then when you really do need to use it it'll only take a sec.

Lastly, pay attention to which map cards you're using, which means reading the descriptions! If you're opening every door with Teeming Heartless, then you're obviously going to get your butt kicked. When it comes to red cards, right now you should stick with Tranquil Darkness's, Feeble Darkness's, Sleeping Darkness's and the like, whenever possible. Similarly, use green Map Cards wherever possible, as they'll boost your stats for that room and make it easier to fight. Make sure you've placed at least one Moment's Reprieve per world so that you can save and all that.

And that's pretty much how you play Chain of Memories. Good luck.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
After playing a bunch of Re: Chain again I do have to say I'm really starting to love it.
I don't know why the Card System gets so much flak, as I find myself really indulging in it.
Building decks is so much fun and I dare say that, while I always preferred Birth by Sleeps and Re: Coded's battle system over the so-called "standard" from KH 1 and KH 2, I am right now also quite on the way to prefer Re: CoMs system also over the KH 1 and especially the KH 2-system.
Not counting Days, the battle systems from KH 1 and KH 2 may possibly becomes the worst in the series from my viewpoint of personal taste.

---

On Re: CoM itself,

I've finished the 8th floor (Neverland) right now, with my Sora being at Level 51 with 215 HP and 1050 CP.
Is that enough to tackle Hollow Bastion? Or should I finish Winnie the Pooh beforehand?

I'd also appreciate if a Re: CoM expert could check out my current deck if it's effective enough.

It consists so far of 40 Cards, starting with

three Kingdom Key's (Value 2) to start any battle with an Ars Arcanum,
then a 0 card to break enemy sleights (can be skipped over if necessary),
followed by one Gravity (9), Simba (6) and Fire (3) to unleash Quake and then three Cloud-cards for Omni-Slash.

After that I've stocked three Vita-cards for healing if needed,
followed by Stop (8), two attack cards (each 5) for Lethal Frame and three different Attack cards to activate Sonic Blade.

Next in line is a Hi-Potion (7) to restore Cards (if necessary, otherwise it can be skipped) followed by one Aero (9), Gravity (6) and Genie (3) for a round of Tornado.
Then comes three times Tinkerbell if additional healing is needed, followed by another Lethal Frame setup as well as another Sonic Blade.

The rest is then another Hi-Potion, one Simba and two Value 9-Single attack cards (Shock Impact) and another 0-card for emergencies.

Enemy cards I put are Ooogie Boogie, Genie Jafar and Hook.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Holy jesus, my pace in RE:COM has always been 3-4 levels per world so after the 8th world I be at around level 31 which was usually enough. So you being that high should help you cruise through most of the bosses as long as you edit the deck before hand.

For the deck? I've always found it to be preference. I usually just stack my deck with lethal frame, that one sleight with gravity and fire, that fire tornado sleight and then just a bunch of attack cards with 3 cure, 2 potions esque stuff.

It worked for me but I think for you, you can just stick some more attack cards for some easy whacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back