• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Game help questions? Post here!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Well, thanks for helping anyway, appreciate it!

Do you guys know any good grinding spots? Just got to final rest, and Im lvl 55. I don't think that im high enough to go beat ansem. I can't believe, that I made it to the final rest without dieing, im still runnin for that trophy, where you can't press continue.

Also, what level should I be to enter Hades cup?

A good rule of thumb for me is in my old game guide said is if you can beat Hercules and able to complete Hades Cup, you are ready for Ansem. For me that's level 60, on the last save point, it's your choice to get higher level. I do stop there before going to Ansem that because I plan to beat Sephiroth, so level 70 and I want to complete other things before ending the game.

I'll incorporate my other thread into this one, if that's OK.
What is the criteria for completing Jiminy's Journal?
More specifically, what is the difference between unlocking the new secret ending on standard mode and on proud mode? I've seen varying accounts, and the one I was using was from the KH Wiki:
Another Side, Another Story [deep dive]

GO ahead! If it helps others, it's OKAY! ;3

Okay now is time for me to ask questions! Okay so I am around level 56, saved my game on the last save point of the game. Reason is I'm planning to level up to be able to do the optional bosses and get as much of the journal done.

two questions for this:

1) I need Leaf Bracer. I picked the sword and gave up the shield, when am I able to get this ability?
2) Once I finish the game, with the whole journal full, will I be able to watch the Deep Dive FM version or do I have to do a new game?

I also have another question:

Donald and Goofy are like hemorrhaging items every time... how do I fix it to where only when needed? I customized them, but it doesn't stop.

Last edited:

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
@Moonlight Aqua: Warriors get Leaf Bracer at lvl 69. The 3rd page in the Sword/Shield/Staff thread has a picture, but I can't quote or post links at the moment.
I don't believe Begniner can get that ending. Standard gets it with complete Journal, all puppies, and all keyholes sealed. Proud is just the keyholes, I believe.

King Nickey

Thanks for all responds. Im currently lvl60 and I have beaten the hades cup couple levels ago. Im going for 100% before I face ansem. I tried to beat ice titan, but I didnt stand a chance and against sephiroth, I lose allmost all hp with 1 sworf hit, so guessing Im not ready for him either :D Should I be lvl 100 to beat all bonus bosses?

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
@Moonlight Aqua: Warriors get Leaf Bracer at lvl 69. The 3rd page in the Sword/Shield/Staff thread has a picture, but I can't quote or post links at the moment.
I don't believe Begniner can get that ending. Standard gets it with complete Journal, all puppies, and all keyholes sealed. Proud is just the keyholes, I believe.

But what I mean is that the journal has to be completed and that the end of the world section is part of the story, so does that mean that after I finish the game will it be completed or do I have to go back to my save or play a new game to watch it?

Thanks for all responds. Im currently lvl60 and I have beaten the hades cup couple levels ago. Im going for 100% before I face ansem. I tried to beat ice titan, but I didnt stand a chance and against sephiroth, I lose allmost all hp with 1 sworf hit, so guessing Im not ready for him either :D Should I be lvl 100 to beat all bonus bosses?

The maximum level recommended to beat at least Sephiroth is 70, so I'm guessing it's the same for others. I remember getting to that level and able to beat Ice Titan and Kurt Zisa, but the Phantom and Sephiroth I had problems. Try to get to 70, and try to go after one that you feel more comfortable. I suggest leaving off Sephiroth and Unknown until you know you can at least beat one boss.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Not necessarily. Especially if you like the challenge ;D

But if there's an ability you want, go for it. You just need to be on your toes more at lower levels.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

For Ice Titan, try equipping accessories that reduce ice damage. A good one would be Shiva Belt that you can get by extinguishing the brazier fires at the Coliseum Gates with Blizzaga. It gives you 2 extra MPs and grants you 40% resistance to ice.

Bring along a few MP recovery items as well since most likely you'll be hit twice in a row by the titan's wide-area freeze attack when his HP is down to about half, after which you sure would love to heal. Also, having Ragnarok and / or Combo Master equipped will make the battle somewhat easier; you'll be able to shoot homing projectiles with the former, and with the latter, you can continue comboing the titan's head even though some of your strikes miss.

One important point to note is to never cast Aero during the fight. If you do, the icicles he throws at you will become unblockable and you won't be able to damage him.

Ice Titan is, in my opinion, the easiest among the optional bosses, yet also the most rewarding one in terms of EXP. Each icicle deflected gives you 24 tech points (and up to 120, depending on the number of Tech Boosts equipped), and you need to deflect more than just a few of them to bring him down to his knees. That's some cool way (no pun intended) to rack up EXP points.

Unknown, on the other hand... the first time I fought him, I brought my Diamond Dust. I couldn't damage him on the final stretch of the battle because the Keyblade is very easily deflected in parries. And that Shock / Release thing... ugh. -_- Make sure your max HP is as high as possible for this fight, because that attack drains your HP faster than you can empty your bladder.

I'll incorporate my other thread into this one, if that's OK.
What is the criteria for completing Jiminy's Journal?
More specifically, what is the difference between unlocking the new secret ending on standard mode and on proud mode? I've seen varying accounts, and the one I was using was from the KH Wiki:
Another Side, Another Story [deep dive]

Yessir_23, sorry I was too caught up with Re:CoM yesterday I forgot to check about Deep Dive for you. I'll do it once I get back home later today. There's no PS3 in the office. XD That said, I'm extremely sure that you don't have to complete the Journal for it to play in Proud.

I also have another question:

Donald and Goofy are like hemorrhaging items every time... how do I fix it to where only when needed? I customized them, but it doesn't stop.

I laughed more than I should have at your choice of words. Thank you for making my day better. XD

Anyway, I think customising them to use recovery items only in emergency is one thing you can do about it. Another way would be not giving them anything to hold. Though, this way, they would be hemorrhaging HP instead of items.

Last edited:

Yessir_23

Awards
Yessir_23, sorry I was too caught up with Re:CoM yesterday I forgot to check about Deep Dive for you. I'll do it once I get back home later today. There's no PS3 in the office. XD That said, I'm extremely sure that you don't have to complete the Journal for it to play in Proud.
There's no rush dude :biggrin: take your time!

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
There's no rush dude :biggrin: take your time!

Yep, there's no need to complete the Journal. I just confirmed it. Sealing the Keyhole of each world and clearing Hades Cup are all you need to do... aside from defeating Ansem, of course. :p

Last edited:

Yessir_23

Awards
Yep, there's no need to complete the Journal. I just confirmed it. Sealing the Keyhole of each world and clearing Hades Cup are all you need to do... aside from defeating Ansem, of course. :p
And that unlocks the new extended secret ending on Proud mode, right?

Awards
How can I fight the Unknown? I found all 99 puppies, all trinity marks, and I completed the Hades cup. I went to the castle chapel in HB and the glowing orb thing to him isn't there. What else do I need?

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
How can I fight the Unknown? I found all 99 puppies, all trinity marks, and I completed the Hades cup. I went to the castle chapel in HB and the glowing orb thing to him isn't there. What else do I need?

Found this. Do you have all the trinity marks?

~PREPARATIONS - BEFORE YOU STEP IN~
To unlock the figthing with Unknown, you must do the step below (not must, but it's safe to do all this things below)
-Sealed all Keyholes (100 Acre Wood excluded)
- Got all 99 Dalmatians
- Complete Hades Cup (I played Proud Mode in FM, you don't need to complete it, but it is still needed for unlocking Deep Dive in FM. Thanks to Keyblade Master for finding this out)
- Found all Trinity marks (Trinity Jump, Smash, Tower, Shove, Detect)

If you played Final Mix Proud Mode, you only need:
-99 Dalmatians
-Found all Trinity Marks (I heard it's not nessecary to find all,but for completion desire, you are allowed to do so.)

Square2

Awards
Did you finish the game? I think the portal only appears once the game has been beaten.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
And that unlocks the new extended secret ending on Proud mode, right?

Yup, that's right.

Did you finish the game? I think the portal only appears once the game has been beaten.

Hmm, in my case, the portal appeared after I landed on (at? In? I don't know which preposition to use) End of the World. Simply revisit the chapel after successfully landing there.

Awards
Hmm, in my case, the portal appeared after I landed on (at? In? I don't know which preposition to use) End of the World. Simply revisit the chapel after successfully landing there.

Alright I'll try that. I haven't gone there yet. Thanks

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I laughed more than I should have at your choice of words. Thank you for making my day better. XD

Anyway, I think customising them to use recovery items only in emergency is one thing you can do about it. Another way would be not giving them anything to hold. Though, this way, they would be hemorrhaging HP instead of items.

I have an a weird list of vocab... xD

Well the thing is that I feel the AI in this game is so retarded! I swear, they die after a while and it's pretty sad. I remember they used to be more... useful when I was younger, Idk why they are like that now. They are on level with me, have good weapons, accessories... idk why they die each time.... Donald is worse... Goofy stays alive at least 3 minutes more than him. -_-;

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So, I went back to Halloween Town to access the red trinity mark in Oogie's Manor, right? But there seems to be some new Heartless boss there? Has it always been there? It looks a lot like the experiment the Doctor created in the second game, and is pretty dang strong. I think it's health starts at gold, and you'll attack it some, but then it'll turn into Gargoyles or something. Then, if you destroy all of those, the boss comes back. Has anyone come across this or know what it is?

Also... Has anyone ever talked to Leon, Yuffie, and Aerith in that diner in Traverse Town, right before going to Wonderland? Leon starts talking about the dalmatians and how he's worried for them (Yuffie remarking that he's cute for thinking so), and I've never seen that scene before at all. Granted I might have just missed it, but has anyone else seen this text bubble scene? Has it always been there?

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
So, I went back to Halloween Town to access the red trinity mark in Oogie's Manor, right? But there seems to be some new Heartless boss there? Has it always been there? It looks a lot like the experiment the Doctor created in the second game, and is pretty dang strong. I think it's health starts at gold, and you'll attack it some, but then it'll turn into Gargoyles or something. Then, if you destroy all of those, the boss comes back. Has anyone come across this or know what it is?

Also... Has anyone ever talked to Leon, Yuffie, and Aerith in that diner in Traverse Town, right before going to Wonderland? Leon starts talking about the dalmatians and how he's worried for them (Yuffie remarking that he's cute for thinking so), and I've never seen that scene before at all. Granted I might have just missed it, but has anyone else seen this text bubble scene? Has it always been there?

For the top part, it's a new heartless that gives you a rare item.

The second part, yeah I talked to them and it was very odd for Leon to love those puppies that much. Never remember that from the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back