• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Game Device Thoughts and Theories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I saw this post on reddit and thought it was an observation worth sharing!

https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHea...from_classic_kingdom/?st=JG3XX9PC&sh=1c6c033a

If you don’t want to click, the device in the trailer seems to show a picture of Donald, Hayner, Pence, and Olette. This could mean we’ll be able to use the device to take pictures. What other features do you think this device might have?

It’s design looks like something Chip and Dale would come up with. Since they could easily be in Twilight Town working with Ansem’s data, it would make sense for them to give it to Sora there. Then soon after, he uses it to take a picture of the TT gang.

I think the device could include a digitized Jiminy’s Journal, Theatre Mode, Camera Mode, Maps, Communicator (to keep in touch with Riku, Mickey, et al), Classic Kingdom, and maybe even a Data Mode where you can replay previously completed scenarios. It’s possible it could even be used to implement some multiplayer features through that last one.

Watch a certain mobile game app app be installed on it. :p

Any other ideas?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I have been wanting a photo mode for a while now, it bums me out 0.2 doesn't have one already. I don't like having all the HUD numbers and everything clammering up cool moments lol. Though, it makes me wonder if it would be more like ffXV camera, where you have to literally aim it, thus it isn't AS useful for battle or anything like that.

It does kinda look like something Chip and Dale would make...I dunno how Jiminy's Journal would work on it, like Jiminy types on it while chilling in Sora's hood? I guess that could work lol.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Also, I now think that’s why they played music over Sora talking. This scene and dialogue probably don’t have anything to do with Classic Kingdom other than it involving the device itself. They just needed a scene to give some context.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder who makes these games? In guessing Chip and Dale because they have sora and Mickey in them.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder who makes these games? In guessing Chip and Dale because they have sora and Mickey in them.

That’s another possible reason why they could have invented the device. It makes sense that they would know Sora and Mickey plus the characters like Pete and Clarabelle. I could even see Scrooge involved in it. Maybe he commissioned them to make it in order to sell it to the masses, but the Heartless stole all the games.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
It does look like a (smart) camera to be honest. I do believe that's a camera button at the top of the device.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Also, I now think that’s why they played music over Sora talking. This scene and dialogue probably don’t have anything to do with Classic Kingdom other than it involving the device itself. They just needed a scene to give some context.

Ah, I mean that does make more sense since they may just be looking at the picture they took of each other. It makes me wonder why Goofy stayed back lol, but I guess he was looking over Sora's shoulder so maybe it was immediately after Sora took the picture?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Ah, I mean that does make more sense since they may just be looking at the picture they took of each other. It makes me wonder why Goofy stayed back lol, but I guess he was looking over Sora's shoulder so maybe it was immediately after Sora took the picture?

I can see a bit where Goofy is camera shy, but of course, Donald’s diva ass wants to be front and center. :p

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I’d be so happy if there is something similar to FFXV’s feature of being able to take photographs out in the environment. I really enjoyed that, and I’d love to see it become a part of KH.

shady543

Awards
if i could take selfies or even just general photos in kh3 that would be a dream come true <3

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I had discussed with someone that it's possible that the Xehanort Reports could become full fledged cutscenes, that way we can further explore the young versions of Eraqus and Xehanort without interrupting the narrative so much. This is pretty much how Jiminy's Journal worked in coded, and to my understanding, they wanted to do something similar with KHDDD, but couldn't due to time issues. Whatever this device is, be it a smart camera or a smartphone, it could function that way.

ImVentus

Awards
I love games with camera on adventures. It makes the experience so much more memorable for some reason.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I had discussed with someone that it's possible that the Xehanort Reports could become full fledged cutscenes, that way we can further explore the young versions of Eraqus and Xehanort without interrupting the narrative so much. This is pretty much how Jiminy's Journal worked in coded, and to my understanding, they wanted to do something similar with KHDDD, but couldn't due to time issues. Whatever this device is, be it a smart camera or a smartphone, it could function that way.

I’m on the same page with you there. I’d love to see Young Xehanort Reports digitized into cutscenes. It would make them feel a little more important while still allowing us to view and study them at our leisure. That said, I wouldn’t mind being able to read the text as well.

I love games with camera on adventures. It makes the experience so much more memorable for some reason.

I agree. The three main games I’ve played with a camera mode are FFXV, BoTW, and Super Mario Odyssey and I’ve loved the featured in every one of them. With the Disney element in Kingdom Hearts, the appeal of a camera mode is even greater. Capturing memories with our favorite Disney characters would be really special.

Plus, it’s an excellent tool to allow players to market the game as most of us will plaster the photos we take all over social media. Lol

P.S. I love the idea of having missions to take pictures of certain landmarks, characters, etc. Those little things go a long way to add depth to the game.

I hope at some point we get more mini trailers that highlight these kind of features.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back