• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Game Development. . .

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
So, me and my friends have been wondering what we want to do with our lives after school is over and done with. We've been considering this for a while and decided, "What the hell? It couldn't hurt to try something that you already love to do." Since we've all been play video games since before we could read, why not try to make one? The only problem is that none of us know ANYTHING about this sort of thing.

So what we need to know is how would one get started? I've decided that we should probably start with C++, since I've heard that it's a good starting point.

First of all, what exactly is C++?

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
what you should do is check out this! BYOND Games!

it lets you create games, as well as play other people's, although it is very hard...but it will get you ready for when you want to design for a big company...

first, you have to download it though...I have 355 but you could get the latest one, 412 if you wish (recommended cause most RPG's only play on that, I dunno about the others)

btw, I have no clue what C++

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
First of all, what exactly is C++?
facepalm.jpg

If you can't figure it out on your own, i honestly doubt the quality of your games.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Ever hear of "Can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"?

No? Read a book.

While you're at it, get out of my thread. If you're not going to help, LEAVE.

All I know is that it's one of many programming languages, but I'm not sure how to write it, or what to write it in.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
Ever hear of "Can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"?

That rules is for pu*sies and toddlers. You need someone to tell you something "mean", so you can correct your mistakes. If everyone followed that rule, K Fed would still think he is a good rapper.

Oh wait...

Anyway, C++ is coding used for games and programs. They gave me the chance to learn it but being the retarded 6th grader I was, I didn't do it. D:

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Guys, just stop arguing in my thread. You wanna fight? Take it to a PM, but NOT here.

Either help or don't post, it's that simple. Stop spamming.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
I will, it was just late when I got it, and I really didn't feel like vexing my brain when I'd probably forget most of it when I went to sleep. . .

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
did you mean "exact"

anyways, the BYOND thing is a great way to practice...but the flaming here has gone on long enough, I believe a few more posts, and someone'll have to report this thread, I'd really hate to...But I hate seeing flames and spam...

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Lol, wow.

Anyways, Stavros, I honestly know very little about gaming, but I can say that charisma is key. I can't remember the exact saying, but it's basically along the lines of, "If you're famous, it won't be long until you're rich," meaning that if you're likeable and you've got good connections, you'll be set.

Just set your mind to it, really...in the long run, that is. Take as many classes as you can and do a lot of research. I know a guy who graduated from my public high school who now works for Cartoon Network and [adult swim], basically because he's both talented AND awesome.

Sorry, lame advice. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back