• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Game Bugs NO SPOILERS INSIDE

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Check your journal. If it says "NEW TRAVERSE TOWN SPECIAL PORTAL RIKU" or something, then yeah it screwed up.

The special portal I cleared was inserted as new entry Traverse Town (Sora): Special Portal 3 Cleared.
So that should mean it's correct the way I see it.

The main question however would be if that can be screwed up again later.

MardukKurios

The special portal I cleared was inserted as new entry Traverse Town (Sora): Special Portal 3 Cleared.
So that should mean it's correct the way I see it.

The main question however would be if that can be screwed up again later.

It seems to screw up when you end the game, even if everything was correct at all. :(
Well the Ending Credits are running right now (2nd time btw) and we will see if the Portals will be switching again.

MardukKurios

It seems to screw up when you end the game, even if everything was correct at all. :(
Well the Ending Credits are running right now (2nd time btw) and we will see if the Portals will be switching again.

Actually it didn't helped at all. If it comes to screw the Data, the Game does it perfectly.
But when you want to unscrew the Data with the same Bug, no this won't work then.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So that would mean one can't re-fight the bosses in their special portals because the game's ending screws them up?

Great, SE or Nintendo really need to fix this up.
I sincerely hope the US version does not have this bug...<__<

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I've managed to fight the secret portals just fine. Now, winning, that's a different story,

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I've managed to fight the secret portals just fine. Now, winning, that's a different story,

So it does not happen everytime?
But you need to finish the game once to unlock the portals with the boss battles like i.e. Ansem SoD, right?
Well, then there has to be a condition which triggers it in the ending.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The Secret Portals are not switched actually, but the Special Portals are, which makes it impossible to obtain "End of Pain"

Shouldn't that actually be possible to do before ending the game?
The special portals only contain Dream Eaters right? No bosses. So if you manage to get the correct "placement" you should be able to earn "End of Pain" before the "Ending" glitches up the portals again, don't you?

MardukKurios

Shouldn't that actually be possible to do before ending the game?
The special portals only contain Dream Eaters right? No bosses. So if you manage to get the correct "placement" you should be able to earn "End of Pain" before the "Ending" glitches up the portals again, don't you?

Yes and no.
You can finish them all, for every character. But still 1 Portal won't be accessible, the LAST one of World that Never Was because you have to finish the game at least once to get it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So there's a "normal" special portal that isn't a boss but also gets only unlocked by finishing the game? Derp...and let me guess...it's for Sora, but Sora isn't controllable after a certain point. <__<

MardukKurios

So there's a "normal" special portal that isn't a boss but also gets only unlocked by finishing the game? Derp...and let me guess...it's for Sora, but Sora isn't controllable after a certain point. <__<

No.

The Last Portal of every world is only accessible when you finish the World once.
But Sora and Riku have to finish the World that Never Was simultane, you can't do that before.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So that's it. Pretty much screwed then if the ending always messes up the portal placements. <__<

axel95

Awards
This glitch is almost making me not want to play the game until a patch comes out. I hope SE or Nintendo is working on this!

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Yeah, this glitch is kinda depressing. Granted I'm not gonna really care on my first run since I'll probably try to rush through it just to unlock Critical, but still.

axel95

Awards
Yeah, this glitch is kinda depressing. Granted I'm not gonna really care on my first run since I'll probably try to rush through it just to unlock Critical, but still.
I think that's what I'm going to do to. I'll probably beat 3D, and then 100% the whole series on critical/hardest difficulty. I would think that they would have this patched by then.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I think that's what I'm going to do to. I'll probably beat 3D, and then 100% the whole series on critical/hardest difficulty. I would think that they would have this patched by then.

I hope so, but Nintendo seems to be being rather... Difficult with dealing with this situation, and SE claims that Nintendo is the one who needs to be dealing with it, so...

Oh well, I can always just play with Meow Wow Nintendogs-style until the patch comes out.

tmujir955

Where do you find secret portals? I haven't found a single one... I've seen the icon on the map, but it just wants me to hook up my Spirits to some streetpass thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back